Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Imagine being this pathetic

On 27/06/2023 at 18:09, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yet another one bites the dust. Dear oh dear Webber.

Considering you post things like this whenever another club signs another player...

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Considering you post things like this whenever another club signs another player...

Nothing wrong with being annoyed that other clubs outbid us.

Now, back to the topic at hand.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nothing wrong with being annoyed that other clubs outbid us.

Now, back to the topic at hand.

Well, it would make at least some sense had we actually bid on him.

Might have lost 440,000 followers, but with a total IQ of about 6.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

440k people in countries that don't want drag queens stripping for their children probably.

Eh? 

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is that what a rainbow flag means? Huh

Not sure what it means, the internet keeps changing it.

I'm a relatively young bisexual man and really dislike pride month as well as all of the virtue signaling/pandering from people and corporations that come with it.

Perhaps if I was 20 years older I might have a slightly different opinion on the 'celebrations' but yeah, it's tacky and not in a good way.

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'm a relatively young bisexual man and really dislike pride month as well as all of the virtue signaling/pandering from people and corporations that come with it.

Perhaps if I was 20 years older I might have a slightly different opinion on the 'celebrations' but yeah, it's tacky and not in a good way.

Fair. I literally know only one gay bloke and he's in his 30s and he has the exact same view as you.

It has felt exceptionally pandering and almost a little patronising to the communities from my personal point but I'm not a part of those communities so I've never really commented. It's interesting both you and my friend feel the same.

It doesn't help that its got so OTT in the social world that paedophiles have decided to latch onto the LGBTQ+ communities and refer to themselves as "MAPs" 

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

You still haven't explained how you managed to associate the OP with drag queens stripping for children, if such a thing happens.

15 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

You still haven't explained how you managed to associate the OP with drag queens stripping for children, if such a thing happens.

It was hyperbole to an extent but there are drag events aimed at children these days and it just doesn't sit right with me. Same as the more sexual/kink stuff that you'll see at pride events/marches which children attend.

Pride is also being pushed on children at middle school age which just seems odd to me.  Schools should teach the history of it, not so much the rainbows and banana hammocks. 

• Like 2

Drag has always had a history of being kids entertainment. Pantomimes are the obvious place to start. Agree that the history of it really should be taught though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Drag has always had a history of being kids entertainment. Pantomimes are the obvious place to start. Agree that the history of it really should be taught though.

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

It was hyperbole to an extent but there are drag events aimed at children these days and it just doesn't sit right with me. Same as the more sexual/kink stuff that you'll see at pride events/marches which children attend.

Pride is also being pushed on children at middle school age which just seems odd to me.  Schools should teach the history of it, not so much the rainbows and banana hammocks. 

We teach pride to all years at high school. We don’t ‘push it’. That’s a really weird phrase. We teach about what it is and what it represents and how this has changed and we update it when needed. We don’t get a drag act in to do an assembly and sit there getting them to practice kissing other kids of the same sex to ‘give it a go’. should children not be taught about diversity and some of the historic discrimination in this country as well as understanding the views of other cultures? How is it a bad thing, serious question. I taught one year group this year what the Apple logo represented and the whole Turing story, they couldn’t believe it and I’m not exaggerating to say they were all flabbergasted by his story. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

We teach pride to all years at high school. We don’t ‘push it’. That’s a really weird phrase. We teach about what it is and what it represents and how this has changed and we update it when needed. We don’t get a drag act in to do an assembly and sit there getting them to practice kissing other kids of the same sex to ‘give it a go’. should children not be taught about diversity and some of the historic discrimination in this country as well as understanding the views of other cultures? How is it a bad thing, serious question. I taught one year group this year what the Apple logo represented and the whole Turing story, they couldn’t believe it and I’m not exaggerating to say they were all flabbergasted by his story. 

Teaching social history is great for high school kids. I wish it was something I was taught at that age. 

Putting on pride events in middle schools, not so much. 

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Teaching social history is great for high school kids. I wish it was something I was taught at that age. 

Putting on pride events in middle schools, not so much. 

Middle school includes high school age kids though, no middle schools in Norfolk or Suffolk so we get 11-18 year olds at ours. My year 7s being able to ask questions about pride is really vital in helping clarify a lot of the utter s*** they see online, which sadly they see from primary school age 

The stats on kids that have seen p.o.r.n by high school are crazy, all parents should be taught about it and to get their kids off social media. I mean totally and utterly off it. It’s poison for their well-being. 

Edited by SwearyCanary
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Middle school includes high school age kids though, no middle schools in Norfolk or Suffolk so we get 11-18 year olds at ours. My year 7s being able to ask questions about pride is really vital in helping clarify a lot of the utter s*** they see online, which sadly they see from primary school age 

The stats on kids that have seen p.o.r.n by high school are crazy, all parents should be taught about it and to get their kids off social media. I mean totally and utterly off it. It’s poison for their well-being. 

If that's how schools are then that means that my nieces were doing pride themed projects in primary school. Cool.

It's obviously a balancing act. If it's learning the social history then great. If it's putting on events and wearing rainbows then probably not. 

Can only imagine the impact social media is having on this generation of kids (and parents). I find myself regularly opening twitter and that's far less addictive than something like tiktok.  I'm guessing  body dysmorphia  is on the rise and you've got lots of little Andrew Tate wannabes  running around all over the place.

5 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Having watched that video I don't see your point. It's only sexualisation because the likes of Samuels (who is not much of an expert and really is just a rent-a-gob) put their own sexual "spin" on things. Pretty certain the kids won't find anything sexual in that, they'll just see a bloke wearing strange gear dancing around.

If parents are smart about this, they can turn this into a good learning opportunity. The real problem is that sex education here is so poor. That's a key reason why the UK has so many teenage pregnancies relative to other Western European countries. Throw in much more focus on the history of Pride and indeed how homosexuals were persecuted and I think we're onto a winner in several different ways.

I'll bet religion has ****ed up far more kids and will continue to do so.

Family Values.jpg

Edited by TheGunnShow

5 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Exactly. I'll bet the nuclear family model is pushed infinitely harder during the early years than anything else, but no-one mentions it as it's their natural inclination so it's not seen as "pushing it". It is easing a little, but go back to when we were kids (mid 1980s for me) and look at dolls/figurines/comics etc. of the time. Boys were nearly always action men or heroes, girls were often bystanders/nurturers.

Heck, I had a pink polo shirt that I loved as a kid, and remember being told "that's a girl's colour". Tough sh-it, I liked the colour, I'm wearing it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Exactly. I'll bet the nuclear family model is pushed infinitely harder during the early years than anything else, but no-one mentions it as it's their natural inclination so it's not seen as "pushing it". It is easing a little, but go back to when we were kids (mid 1980s for me) and look at dolls/figurines/comics etc. of the time. Boys were nearly always action men or heroes, girls were often bystanders/nurturers.

Heck, I had a pink polo shirt that I loved as a kid, and remember being told "that's a girl's colour". Tough sh-it, I liked the colour, I'm wearing it.

I really don’t get what your problem is with the “nuclear family” but you seem to want to have a go about it at every remotely related opportunity.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

We teach pride to all years at high school. We don’t ‘push it’. 

That may or may not be true in your school, but I know several people whose children were forced to take part in pride parades at school despite the fact they didn't particularly want to participate.

4 hours ago, Ian said:

That may or may not be true in your school, but I know several people whose children were forced to take part in pride parades at school despite the fact they didn't particularly want to participate.

Imagine!! Forcing a child to do something it didn't want to, God Forbid!! 

Eat your Dinner...no thanks

Tidy your room.....nope

Time for school ... **** off

Don't steal..... I'll do what I want

Thou shalt not kill..... ooops Too late.

7 hours ago, Monty13 said:

I really don’t get what your problem is with the “nuclear family” but you seem to want to have a go about it at every remotely related opportunity.

I don't have a problem with it. I'm simply saying it gets pushed far harder, and from a far earlier age, than anything Pride-related. And anyone complaining about Pride or similar being "pushed" needs to take a look at that model first.

15 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Do you teach them that women can have penises and testicles?  Also the Turing Apple logo is an urban myth so I trust you’re not teaching that as being factual.

Edited by Naturalcynic

39 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I don't have a problem with it. I'm simply saying it gets pushed far harder, and from a far earlier age, than anything Pride-related. And anyone complaining about Pride or similar being "pushed" needs to take a look at that model first.

Could you give some examples on how the nuclear family is being pushed?

To be honest two parent families are probably something that should be being pushed more on society as a whole these days. Single parent families make up 15-20% of homes, and obviously higher in some demographics.  Children in single parent homes do worse than children with both parents. I don't think data exists for same sex couple parents but I can't see those kids doing worse than single parent kids. 

21 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Do you teach them that women can have penises and testicles?  

They probably offer transitioning meds with the turkey twizzlers in the canteens.

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Could you give some examples on how the nuclear family is being pushed?

To be honest two parent families are probably something that should be being pushed more on society as a whole these days. Single parent families make up 15-20% of homes, and obviously higher in some demographics.  Children in single parent homes do worse than children with both parents. I don't think data exists for same sex couple parents but I can't see those kids doing worse than single parent kids. 

I already gave a rough outline in a post that wasn't a response to yours but to @SwearyCanary instead. Go through all your toys/books etc. as children and look at the roles boys and girls played. Many of the books you'll have read will have had the nuclear family model as the basic storyline. Heck, even when I learned French and German at school, the stories were all based around a notional family with a husband, wife, and children.

As for the research on single-parent families, there are a lot of problems with it. The likes of Elyakim Kislev and particularly Bella DePaulo (who also happens to have a PhD from Harvard in statistics) have shown amply how much of that research is quite badly flawed. I'll also point out the famously poor Mark Regnerus study re. kids of same sex couples which was so bad Harvard University used it as a prime example of how not to carry out sociological research. Unfortunately I'm out of the country now otherwise I'd have readily put in quotes from an excellent book called Singled Out by DePaulo, which shows how much of such research is badly executed, but if it interests you then consider that book a warm recommendation. (Speaking of which, I remember recommending it to @Danke bitte some time ago).

It would be far more accurate to say poverty is the root problem rather than any specific number of parents/sexuality involved in the set-up.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

For someone that doesn’t have a problem with it I can remember multiple other times where you’ve used a discussion about something else to complain about it. 

As someone who has young kids in school I can tell you there is lots taught about different types of families nowadays, so no idea what you’re basing your view on.