7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The spread is around 295 Australia 1st innings runs. I think they’ll fall well short of that. 

I predict 238.

1 minute ago, Fen Canary said:

Just Stop Oil w@nkers at it again. Judges need to start clamping down on these attention seeking tw@ts 

They need to be sent to the US to protest. They won't last long there!

4 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

They need to be sent to the US to protest. They won't last long there!

Seeing as they attempted to ruin the days play by throwing paint on the wicket, they should be fined how much it would cost to reimburse every spectator there 

Well it will be Wimbledon next. That's a lot of courts to protect. Hope the old england club got the hoovers ready

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Well it will be Wimbledon next. That's a lot of courts to protect. Hope the old england club got the hoovers ready

Unfortunately I think you’re right. Young Tarquin and Sebastian will end up dumping Wotsits on one of the ball girls 

8 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

They'll want maximum exposure so they'll go for centre court. I doubt you're going to get much publicity for disrupting the last 16 of the mixed doubles. 

I'm very onboard with the right to protest/acts of civil disobedience etc and I do get why high profile events are the place for it but I do wonder how many people they expect to win over by disrupting things loads of people are looking forward to. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

They'll want maximum exposure so they'll go for centre court. I doubt you're going to get much publicity for disrupting the last 16 of the mixed doubles.

I guess I agree since it seems more about just doingit  rather than trying to maximise the impact with what would be disrupting play across the entire tournament. Anyways enjoy the cricket everyone.

37 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Seeing as they attempted to ruin the days play by throwing paint on the wicket, they should be fined how much it would cost to reimburse every spectator there 

It's not paint.

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is now the time to point out that just stop oil is backed and funded by an oil heiress?

Its all a conspiracy to make the public hate these lot😉

That's not entirely true though, is it?

2 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

That's not entirely true though, is it?

Cambridge posted it so I automatically assumed it was at least 50% ****.

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

No connection to the oil industry since 1984, how tenuous do you want to get.

JSO want to prevent new licences being issued, looks like a good match.

How do you think her and her family have millions that they can just randomly pull out of thin air to donate, Hmmmm?

Its all a big conspiracy! Now excuse me I have a tinfoil hat to take off 😉

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"Aileen Getty has not personally worked in the oil industry and has poured much of her fortune into philanthropic ventures related to the climate crisis. Getty Oil sold its oil reserves to Texaco in 1984. The Aileen Getty Foundation “supports organisations and individuals around the world committed to responding to the climate emergency and treating our planet and its inhabitants with kindness and respect”, according to the foundation’s website".

Whatever you do, don't let the facts get in the way of a post.... 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Thanks 2

Disappointingly sloppy cricket from England today, carrying over from the first test.

Can't keep dropping catches and giving up so many no balls while expecting to win. 

Only just caught up with this. For deciding to bowl first to work you are counting on it going so well it counters the potential disadvantage of batting last. If that strategy doesn't pay off you are on the back foot from the start. And in a series when you are already one down.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Only just caught up with this. For deciding to bowl first to work you are counting on it going so well it counters the potential disadvantage of batting last. If that strategy doesn't pay off you are on the back foot from the start. And in a series when you are already one down.

Lord’s has seemingly seen low scoring first innings in recent years - and the conditions this morning should have been tailor-made for us to create chances.  I think putting them in was the correct choice, but we didn’t create anything like enough. One thing I’m fairly sure of is that in the same circumstances we’d have struggled.  

Unfortunately the truth is we are Spurs and the Aussies are Man City just the bit better all round, occasionally we might get a win but in the series we’re going to lose.

We’re a good side just not good enough!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Unfortunately the truth is we are Spurs and the Aussies are Man City just the bit better all round, occasionally we might get a win but in the series we’re going to lose.

We’re a good side just not good enough!

Not wrong there - we might be more exciting but we aren’t as good.

There’s a reason why sides play test cricket the way they do - changing it to fit what we want to do is fine and dandy, but Aussies are showing you don’t need to to win and there’s room for both.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Cummins said he'd have bowled if he'd won the toss. It was the correct decision to bowl, just not as poorly as we have.