Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Boris Johnson Deliberately Misled The House

Sunak needs to vote in favour of the Committee's recommendations and then tell the World that we are moving on from Johnson. He has a few klingons to manouvre past in Rees Mogg, Fabricant and Dorries. But they will be forgotten in the coming weeks. Just ignore Johnson. Don't give the lying, privileged, spoilt brat any more oxygen.

I despise most Tories but that does not stop me wanting Sunak to be given the opportunity to sort out the economy.

8 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Yeah, but Scotland voted to stay part of this Tory-voting cluster**** of a nation!!!

And luckily for them they did otherwise their economy would be in the toilet.

If you think Brexit is bad Scottish independence would be an even worse nightmare.

Anybody who is anti brexit but pro Scottish independence is a nutjob, half the arguments in favour of it all just retooled pro brexit statements 

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And luckily for them they did otherwise their economy would be in the toilet.

If you think Brexit is bad Scottish independence would be an even worse nightmare.

Anybody who is anti brexit but pro Scottish independence is a nutjob, half the arguments in favour of it all just retooled pro brexit statements 

Garbage. I'm pro Scotland staying in the UK, but even I acknowledge they'd be fine in the long run.

They've a bigger population than Ireland. They invented the telephone. They produce the single greatest luxury product on the planet (scotch). They'd probably rejoin the EU before long.

They'd experience short term economic pain, but would end up fine on their own.

Edited by canarydan23

A report on the World Service this evening quoted an unnamed member of the Privileges Committee, who said it had decided to give Johnson 40 days suspension but after his response to the report they increased it to 90 days.

Edited by benchwarmer

11 hours ago, benchwarmer said:

The amount of partying that went on in Downing Street and elsewhere was far in excess of what you'd normally expect to find in a typical well-functioning workplace, even without covid restrictions.  And I bet we don't know the half of it.

But what else can we expect when there are five (subsidised) bars in the Houses of Parliament, open all hours, and 'work' doesn't start until after 'lunch'?  Partygate is just an extreme example of the dominant culture. 

Bet Dominic knows about 10x worse and like him or not he is biding his time before spilling the beans.

3 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Poor Glenda

They had the chance to kill Boris off when 'he got covid' should've taken it 

His claim that he "nearly died" of covid is another lie btw, and insulting to those who did.

Edited by benchwarmer

That Guto Harri comes across as a lying bag o'****e. Definitely caught fleas.

32 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Looks like Dacre is giving him a column in the Daily Heil. 🤣

I saw that. Way to ruin the credibility of a paper. Bring in a charlatan who was sacked from another paper for lying, has been seemingly ejected from political life due to being a liar, and .... get him to restart his media "career".

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I saw that. Way to ruin the credibility of a paper. Bring in a charlatan who was sacked from another paper for lying, has been seemingly ejected from political life due to being a liar, and .... get him to restart his media "career".

The credibilty of the Heil doesn't need Johnson to ruin it, that ship sailed a long time ago.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

The credibilty of the Heil doesn't need Johnson to ruin it, that ship sailed a long time ago.

To the devil his own.

8 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Dunno, it almost seems to be as if Dacre thinks his readership are all BoJo fans when the tide's turned against him. Don't get me wrong, anyone still supporting him is delusional...

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Dunno, it almost seems to be as if Dacre thinks his readership are all BoJo fans when the tide's turned against him. Don't get me wrong, anyone still supporting him is delusional...

Trump's figures went up after his court hearing. Its because there is no grey area so its up or down. And the same with Boris. Many will think and know he is a a liar but will now question things because of what he has said.

Right down to the illusion that he keeps fit every morning. As an ex long distance runner I can assure that wha the wears is not for running, its for the beach. Nobody wears a dress shirt, bermudas and hush puppies to run with. And of course, you sweat profusely. Its all part of the Johnson myth. Because why is he still so fat?

As QT said last night, move on, ignore the **** and pressure Sunak to get things done.

I tend to think that Sunak should show some leadership, remove the whip from anybody who votes against the report.

The issue is simple. Johnson was an attack on the very institution and workings of of our democracy. It relies on ministers telling the truth to parliament. 

We'll put aside he also lied to the late Queen and as is an overall scoundrel.  

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Looks like Dacre is giving him a column in the Daily Heil. 🤣

It turns out that he hasn't got permission to do this. 

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I tend to think that Sunak should show some leadership, remove the whip from anybody who votes against the report.

The issue is simple. Johnson was an attack on the very institution and workings of of our democracy. It relies on ministers telling the truth to parliament. 

We'll put aside he also lied to the late Queen and as is an overall scoundrel.  

I couldn't help laughing when Mata's little boy Guto cried foul about Johnson losing an income. No such cries when Boris deprived May of her income.

59 minutes ago, Herman said:

It turns out that he hasn't got permission to do this. 

What? Johnson? Not following rules? Really? Well, I never would have guessed!!!

EDIT: I guess we have a new breed of rat, namely "rattus johnsonicus".

Boris Johnson failed to inform watchdog over new Daily Mail column (msn.com)

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

What? Johnson? Not following rules? Really? Well, I never would have guessed!!!

EDIT: I guess we have a new breed of rat, namely "rattus johnsonicus".

Boris Johnson failed to inform watchdog over new Daily Mail column (msn.com)

Boris spox: "Boris Johnson is in touch with Acoba and the normal process is being followed"

Acoba: "An application received 30 minutes before an appointment is announced is a clear breach"

@johnestevens

3 hours ago, The Raptor said:

IMG-20230616-WA0003.jpg

Nadine thinks she is "brighter" than those in number 10, worrying thing is she maybe not far from the truth