TIL 1010

2023/24 Memberships Now On Sale.

How to reduce 10% to 4% in one easy lesson and pay £1 plus extra per match when for most of them it is unnecessary.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

How to reduce 10% to 4% in one easy lesson and pay £1 plus extra per match when for most of them it is unnecessary.

I take it you won't be wanting a ticket for Scum away then ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I take it you won't be wanting a ticket for Scum away then 

He's more interested in Burnley.  ...oh and Money. Loves Money. 

Money's not to blame, but loving it......different story altogether.  

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I take it you won't be wanting a ticket for Scum away then ?

Last time I went pubs open at 6am Sunday morning then older folk have to do an unnecessary long circuit around Portman Road. Disappointed to miss in some ways but best left to the atmosphere crowd. 

9 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I suppose the majority will be using their away match pick for ipswich...although if luton stay down the same meagre allocation of 1000 tickets remains an issue

Maybe they won't be able to meet the match pick demand? The other risk is that people who have a greater tendency to travel the length and breadth of the country get displaced for the plum and closest match. Not a good system.

34 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Maybe they won't be able to meet the match pick demand? The other risk is that people who have a greater tendency to travel the length and breadth of the country get displaced for the plum and closest match. Not a good system.

No they don’t. Those people simply pick that match if they want it. The system seems to have worked remarkably well.

Just now, Commonsense said:

No they don’t. Those people simply pick that match if they want it. The system seems to have worked remarkably well.

If I were in charge of ticketing, I would make it clear from the outset that the scum match is exempt from match picks, otherwise you're just going to get 90% of people using their pick for that one, and the possibility of not being able to meet demand. I think our max allocation would be around 3,000, and we sell a lot more away memberships than that.

I didn't bother with the away membership last year; it feels like a 'stealth tax', and times are hard at the moment. I think it'd be more equitable to just do it by number of away matches attended in the previous season... so 10+, 6-10, 1-5, then ST holders, then home members, then general sale.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

If I were in charge of ticketing, I would make it clear from the outset that the scum match is exempt from match picks, otherwise you're just going to get 90% of people using their pick for that one, and the possibility of not being able to meet demand. I think our max allocation would be around 3,000, and we sell a lot more away memberships than that.

I didn't bother with the away membership last year; it feels like a 'stealth tax', and times are hard at the moment. I think it'd be more equitable to just do it by number of away matches attended in the previous season... so 10+, 6-10, 1-5, then ST holders, then home members, then general sale.

100 per cent with you on that one. A great post.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah including Ipswich feels like an error, no idea why they didn't make Ipswich exempt!

Personally I'd go back to the old way of having one membership. The away/home one always felt very cash grabby, especially for fans like me who might want to go to 2 or 3 games home and away and then need to shell out £50 for the privilege. At least it's better than when each separate one was £50 though.

What games realistically are you going to need an away membership? Luton or Ipswich? Luton may not even be in the league. I guess play offs if we make it which adds some value but seems unlikely on this seasons performance. 

4 hours ago, king canary said:

Yeah including Ipswich feels like an error, no idea why they didn't make Ipswich exempt!

Personally I'd go back to the old way of having one membership. The away/home one always felt very cash grabby, especially for fans like me who might want to go to 2 or 3 games home and away and then need to shell out £50 for the privilege. At least it's better than when each separate one was £50 though.

Has that decision been made, then? Is Ipswich definitely available as a match pick? I haven't purchased an away membership, so I don't know.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Has that decision been made, then? Is Ipswich definitely available as a match pick? I haven't purchased an away membership, so I don't know.

Think I saw the club twitter saying it was.

• Like 1

Just now, king canary said:

Wow, that's a big mistake if so. I'd almost be tempted to buy one just to 'guarantee' a ticket to the derby match, but then in effect all you're doing is charging your fans an extra £25 for the 'privilege' of going to Bintown... or, as may come to pass, being charged £25 for the 'privilege' of being told that the game is oversubscribed and they can't even go to Bintown after all.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I’ve seen that tweet too, got a similar response to here

What are the rules for away allocation in the Championship? You'd assume that scum would sell us the lowest number of tickets they're allowed to, seeing as they'll have no difficulty filling it under the new regime. Are we guaranteed 10% of the stadium, i.e. 3,000 tickets?

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

What are the rules for away allocation in the Championship? You'd assume that scum would sell us the lowest number of tickets they're allowed to, seeing as they'll have no difficulty filling it under the new regime. Are we guaranteed 10% of the stadium, i.e. 3,000 tickets?

I think it's a minimum of 2k or 10% of the stadium (whichever is lower) that have to be offered to away clubs.

Just now, ncfcstar said:

I think it's a minimum of 2k or 10% of the stadium (whichever is lower) that have to be offered to away clubs.

Blimey. If they are permitted to only offer us 2,000 tickets, the decision to sell the derby as a 'match pick' looks even more ill-advised!

25 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Blimey. If they are permitted to only offer us 2,000 tickets, the decision to sell the derby as a 'match pick' looks even more ill-advised!

Yes Club have confirmed Ipswich is included in Match Picks, and likely to be 2,000 offered strange, but consistent with how match picks have been managed previously with no game excluded (remember Rotherham and Luton everyone's fears at start of season ) last season and neither sold out, although i'm sure regardless of "form" at the time Portman Rd away section will be sold out. 

Edited by Lessingham Canary
spelling error

So match pick is no guarantee of a ticket  just merely a chance of a ticket. Good job i have a back up of being in Group 1.

5 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

It does, but there’s plenty who don’t fancy going.  I’ve been more often than I care to remember, more often than not in the home fans thanks to family - think I saw us win once.  

First time in a long time I'll not be buying.

Dad's health hasn't been great, the hustle and bustle of a match wouldn't be ideal.

Coupled with having a little boy and a big house move.

For the first time in years, Norwich City have moved down the priority list, also sold my share in my race horses.