Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Well done to Brentford.

Incredible season, and fantastic result today given their lack of players and Toney right now.. Quite the uptick in fortures for them given they were in League two back in 2009 and only gained promotion to the Championship in 2015. Fair to say they're really showing how its done

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Incredible season, and fantastic result today given their lack of players and Toney right now.. Quite the uptick in fortures for them given they were in League two back in 2009 and only gained promotion to the Championship in 2015. Fair to say they're really showing how its done

They’ll be relegated next season 

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Getting results with key players out? I didn't think that was possible?

Anything is possible when they’re playing Tottenham Hotspur 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

They’ll be relegated next season 

Why the hint of bitterness buddy? Can’t argue they’ve done blinkin’ well

Just now, Danke bitte said:

Why the hint of bitterness buddy? Can’t argue they’ve done blinkin’ well

No bitterness at all, fair play to them but with Toney out until January and the fact they’ll lose players in the summer you struggle to see where they’ll get the points from.

Hope they do well as it’s good to see a club like Brentford do well a similar size club to our own. 

also don’t be fooled by the OP’s true intentions of the post after yesterdays interview with SW where he mentioned Brentford - he thinks he’s being big and clever whilst trying to get the attention he craves. No mention of the fact they played spurs who have been dreadful for months? 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Anything is possible when they’re playing Tottenham Hotspur 

A year ago we were getting 5 put past us by them 🙁

3 hours ago, Yobocop said:

No bitterness at all, fair play to them but with Toney out until January and the fact they’ll lose players in the summer you struggle to see where they’ll get the points from.

Hope they do well as it’s good to see a club like Brentford do well a similar size club to our own. 

also don’t be fooled by the OP’s true intentions of the post after yesterdays interview with SW where he mentioned Brentford - he thinks he’s being big and clever whilst trying to get the attention he craves. No mention of the fact they played spurs who have been dreadful for months? 

We’ve played 4 games without Toney this season. W3 D1 and in each both Mbeumo and Wissa have scored (really ought to have been W4 but for a goalmouth scramble 95th minute OG equaliser at Forest- includes wins v Liverpool and Spurs). Raya will be a big loss but should be for big money after being bought for £3m. I think we’ll be OK. 

7 minutes ago, aBee said:

We’ve played 4 games without Toney this season. W3 D1 and in each both Mbeumo and Wissa have scored (really ought to have been W4 but for a goalmouth scramble 95th minute OG equaliser at Forest- includes wins v Liverpool and Spurs). Raya will be a big loss but should be for big money after being bought for £3m. I think we’ll be OK. 

Binner 

19 minutes ago, aBee said:

Good luck to you. The Bees will drop in time but you’ve a few more years to go yet. Can we swap Webber for your equivalent in the summer please? 

They have a very good Head Coach and a system that everyone understands and buys into.

We lost our way when we had the same opportunity.

And they invested £51m last year and will probably do so again this coming season. 

They seem to understand the sort of players you need to survive.

27 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Unlike us they don't sell their best players...

I mean they built this current squad by consistently selling their best players year in, year out at Championship level. And they've done exceptionally well from it. I suspect they'll sell one or two of their best players again this summer, including Raya

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean they built this current squad by consistently selling their best players year in, year out at Championship level. And they've done exceptionally well from it. I suspect they'll sell one or two of their best players again this summer, including Raya

What a bonkers analogy even by your twisted standards. Let’s congratulate them by knowing how to recruit at this level once again. Unlike your hero they have people who know how to do the business at the top tier. 

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Why?

Read above can’t be bothered to type it out again 

36 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What a bonkers analogy even by your twisted standards. Let’s congratulate them by knowing how to recruit at this level once again. Unlike your hero they have people who know how to do the business at the top tier. 

He’s right, maupay being one example 

14 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Good luck to you. The Bees will drop in time but you’ve a few more years to go yet. Can we swap Webber for your equivalent in the summer please? 

Yes, nothing lasts forever so I’m just enjoying it while it lasts. I hope we don’t lose Phil Giles our DoF to anyone but I think if we do it’ll be to one of the top clubs. He came to the club with no background in football as one of Benham’s data scientists at his main business and got offered the job after a casual chat with his General Counsel in a lift on the way to a meeting. So you just need to find the right guy with a Maths PhD. 

13 hours ago, Yobocop said:

He’s right, maupay being one example 

Toney...Emi... enough said.

Well done Brentford and their excellent recruitment and coaching staff.

• Like 1