Just now, Google Bot said:

WTF WOW!!!!!!!   Insane!! nearly +8 mins though!?

To be fair there was a sub after a player sat on the floor for a bit, fair play to the ref I say.

• Like 1

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

HAHAHA TalkSport said "There's Wednesday fans coming back in! They thought it was over!"

Actually looking forward to Adrian Durham's next show - never thought i'd say that!

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Well beyond time. A bit naughty.

Minimum of 6 minutes,  2 minutes were lost to injuries 

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Also, the Peterborough goalkeeper had the ball in his hands for more than 20 seconds on three separate occasions. That's an extra minute on its own.

Pretty sure you don't add time whilst the keeper is holding the ball, this is considered in play. 

The work those Wednesday players have put in.  I do wonder if they're going to tire with the additional 30.

1 minute ago, crab man said:

Pretty sure you don't add time whilst the keeper is holding the ball, this is considered in play. 

But the rule is six seconds. Technically, any longer than that should be an indirect free kick, but that never happens. In reality, the time just gets added on.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ref looked at his watch, put the whistle in his mouth.. Then took it out and let Sheffield have one last attack and well

When did this come into the modern game? When the ref can't blow the whistle whilst a team is attacking? They usually wait until its been cleared upfield.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ref looked at his watch, put the whistle in his mouth.. Then took it out and let Sheffield have one last attack and well

Yes that's what it looked like to me. Adding two and and abit minutes to six is a bit much but you always had the feeling that the ref was going to give them every chance.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yes that's what it looked like to me. Adding two and and abit minutes to six is a bit much but you always had the feeling that the ref was going to give them every chance.

It was only a minute-and-a-half beyond the 96 when the goal was scored. With the injury to Iorfa and the amount of time wasted by the Peterborough keeper, and extra two minutes was correct.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

It's a funny old game.

It's the whippets I fear for, many will be on the end of an angry kick if it stays like this