Sign in to follow this  
Inch High aka Inchy..

Trying to imagine Luton..

Think they have to spend a fair amount on the ground just to get it to premier league standard 

2 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Think they have to spend a fair amount on the ground just to get it to premier league standard 

Groundshare with mk dons? 19 miles away, a tad over 30,000 capacity? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I am given to understand they will need to spend £10M to bring their ground u to the required Premier League standard. The saga of a new stadium has dragged on for years and years.........

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am given to understand they will need to spend £10M to bring their ground u to the required Premier League standard. The saga of a new stadium has dragged on for years and years.........

I remember the Kohlerdome, back in the early 80s, maybe they’ll resurrect that?!

55 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I remember the Kohlerdome, back in the early 80s, maybe they’ll resurrect that?!

They have had planning permission for a new stadium for five years, originally it was going to be out of town at Jct 10 of the M1, that site has now been sold after approval to build a new retail park and hotel on the site, the money for that will go towards a new stadium in the centre of Luton, I think the detailed designs for the new stadium has been agreed. I get my info from my uncle who lived in Luton for over 40 years and who has just moved back to Norfolk after 70 years away........

• Like 1

Luton were in the Premier League before in that ground. A few years ago, mind.

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Luton were in the Premier League before in that ground. A few years ago, mind.

Surely you mean Div 1. Pretty sure they've never been Premier League.

Did anyone else have Luton membership back in the day?

I remember going to a programme seller in Bungay to buy a load of Luton programmes to get the membership coupons

I got in the season we shipped 4 goals but was refused entry the day we drew 0-0 to go top*

*IIRC 

Never a dull moment being a Luton fan, the ultimate yo yo club... from Championship to Non-League back to Championship. They're always either on their knees or punching way above their weight.

Edited by Michael Starr

Luton beat City 1-0 in a FA Cup semifinal replay in 1959, Billy Bingham scored.  My uncle swore to his dying day that it was offside, no VAR in those days.