Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Cancelling Sky Sports

So purely by coincidence I’ve just cancelled Sky Sports which I get via NowTV.

To let people know, it did offer me a 6 month reduced price to stay, so even if you want to keep the subscription for all the rubbish sport* over the summer, it’s worth doing the cancel option to see what they offer you.

Don’t worry about cancelling by accident, you have to confirm about 11 times to actually cancel.

*in my opinion….

• Like 1

Also when I was in the account I decided my family don’t appreciate Sky cinema enough, so I cancelled that too. And I threatened to cancel the Sky entertainment package and it gave me 50% off for 6 months.

I'm now going to give paramount+ a trial so I can watch the new Star Trek series and Yellowjackets 👍

I use Nowtv quite a lot but always cancel and refuse the offers they make they then come crawling back weeks later. My target prices are as follows Sports 19.99 a month, movies 1.99 a month and entertainment 5.99.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

I tried paramount plus, absolutely dire selection of content. 

Yeah I’ll see what they have. but with Star Trek brave new worlds and Yellowjackets that’s probably me sorted for a few months over the summer anyway.

As soon as the playoffs finish I’ll be cancelling too and won’t renew until I get an acceptable offer , I have it through Now tv too

Edited by FenwayFrank

59 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Sky so expensive - perhaps switching to the radio will save the pounds- 

Surely its the Wireless.

I cancelled last July after many years. What a relief. 

We missed the sport tho and invested in  firestick with a secret app. 70 quid a year and back up and running.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I cancelled last July after many years. What a relief. 

We missed the sport tho and invested in  firestick with a secret app. 70 quid a year and back up and running.

Why do you pay a year? 

Thought sticks gave access to the free streams, if you  know how to use it. 

Edited by Greavsy

2 hours ago, baldy09 said:

Sky so expensive - perhaps switching to the radio will save the pounds- 

I hear books and newspapers are inexpensive too. 🤔

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

As soon as the playoffs finish I’ll be cancelling too and won’t renew until I get an acceptable offer , I have it through Now tv too

Yep, me too, exactly the same. Tempted to cancel it now, as we're not likely involved,  but you never know! 

47 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Why do you pay a year? 

Thought sticks gave access to the free streams, if you  know how to use it. 

Secret apps are waaaay more reliable than free streams. Plus for convenience and ease of use it cannot be beaten.

One off payment for every channel you'll ever need.

• Like 1

But the post I quoted stated every year 

I get if you don't have the skills or time to set it up yourself you pay a one off for some one to do that 

It's quite ironic that people think subscription is too dear but are happy to charge people a subscription for something they get, sorry steal, for free. 

Edited by Greavsy

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

It's quite ironic that people think subscription is too dear but are happy to charge people a subscription for something they get, sorry steal, for free. 

Eh?

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But the post I quoted stated every year 

I get if you don't have the skills or time to set it up yourself you pay a one off for some one to do that 

It'll be an IPTV service.

So the people / company charging will have their own servers and fallback links. All the streams will be encoded and only accessible via an account login - which is what people pay for.

I get your point completely but that's the theory behind it.

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It'll be an IPTV service.

So the people / company charging will have their own servers and fallback links. All the streams will be encoded and only accessible via an account login - which is what people pay for.

I get your point completely but that's the theory behind it.

Cheers Hoggy,

But the people who charge, don't own the source they charge for access to,  whilst I accept they own the gateway infrastructure, just not the end product. 

• Like 1

For 70 quid a year I get an organised interface that gives me instant access to all live TV, on demand box sets and films in a user friendly package plus daily incripted messages to update me on where to find the latest content.

15 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

I use Nowtv quite a lot but always cancel and refuse the offers they make they then come crawling back weeks later. My target prices are as follows Sports 19.99 a month, movies 1.99 a month and entertainment 5.99.

I get sky sports and bt sports extra including prem sports ( 3 pm ko sats) for  a combined price of €23.41 . Never ever pay those conts full price.  Cancel and refuse first offers...as Ulfotto says, they work on the premise that any money is better than no money. Haggled the hd down to €3 per month permanently too....works a treat .