canarybubbles

Will this spoil Pukki's last home game?

I imagine almost everyone intended the game against Blackpool to be a big thank-you to Teemu for all that he has done for this club. Many people, though, will now probably think it needs to be a Webber Out protest, if only to send the message to Attanasio that this guy is no longer wanted anywhere near our club by a majority of the fans, and that the situation where he and his wife effectively behave like de facto owners is totally unacceptable in terms of conflict of interest.

It's sad that Teemu's last game for us is going to be played in such a toxic atmosphere. None of that toxicity can be laid at Teemu's door; a great deal of it can be laid at Webber's.

For the good of our club, we have to make sure that Attanasio is hearing more than the Webbers' self-publicity.

Lots of the reasons why on other threads I have said Webber and Wagner should leave the club before next Saturday. 

I think Pukki checked out mentally months ago tbh.

I'm sure he'll pop again as a guest during happier times down the line anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDMullins said:

There'll be no protesting,

Probably a few polite boo's.

Saturday is all about Teemu.

Shame it's on a Monday.

Pukki is finished history. Its all about instigating change for the next stage.

• Like 2

If he even gets on the pitch. Should have been on at half time today, would have given them something to think about

I was discussing this today that the game v Blackpool could end up with Teemu and his wife and kids on the pitch at a half empty Carrow Road which is not what the man or his family deserve.

• Thanks 1

It's just a shame that the current 'set-up' has fcuked it up for Teemu. Hopefully he starts and doesn't have to come on when we are losing 

Should be Delia's last appearance at Carrow Rd as well.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I was discussing this today that the game v Blackpool could end up with Teemu and his wife and kids on the pitch at a half empty Carrow Road which is not what the man or his family deserve.

Yes that would be awful to witness. Today should have seen far more anti Webber chants than we got. Yes they were audible but come on. At any other club the whole ground would have been on their feet and giving him both barrels. Webber and his wife get a very comfortable ride whilst he feels free to 'front up' the fans.   

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

It's just a shame that the current 'set-up' has fcuked it up for Teemu. Hopefully he starts and doesn't have to come on when we are losing 

One can but hope. Unfortunately when that day happens we will be treated to homage and grief the like of which you wouldn't believe. As we all know, none of our past players or managers has a statue outside 'FCR'. Well she may not have been a player or manager but I would be willing to wager that D Smith (owner) will be the first person associated with NCFC to have a statue erected in 'honour'.

When she does leave (if in fact she ever does) a simple and polite 'thank you and best wishes' should be sufficient.  

Im hugely conflicted though, because ultimately I want to reserve the right to express my displeasure at the season. how can we do both? 

My thoughts, 

22nd minute we have a couple of minutes constant applause and ‘Teemu Pukki baby’ chants. 

81st minute (90% of normal time), ‘pissing money, pissing money, pissing money up the wall. Pissing money up. The, wall’ or some other great Webber quote. Get it done before the final whistle so then at full time we can focus on cheering the lads on when they go their family lap of honour (Pukki in tow). This in my opinion is not the time to express our displeasure.

Probably a crap idea. I’ve been drinking 

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Im hugely conflicted though, because ultimately I want to reserve the right to express my displeasure at the season. how can we do both? 

My thoughts, 

22nd minute we have a couple of minutes constant applause and ‘Teemu Pukki baby’ chants. 

81st minute (90% of normal time), ‘pissing money, pissing money, pissing money up the wall. Pissing money up. The, wall’ or some other great Webber quote. Get it done before the final whistle so then at full time we can focus on cheering the lads on when they go their family lap of honour (Pukki in tow). This in my opinion is not the time to express our displeasure.

Probably a crap idea. I’ve been drinking 

I was thinking of a simple chant, 'Teemu in, Webber out!' repeated throughout the game? But even that spoils Teemu's last game, which no fan would want. It's a horrible situation. We need to make it clear that we don't want Webber here for a moment longer, but how can we do that without ruining the day for one of the club's greatest ever players?

And there must be a statue to Teemu, of course. And perhaps we could name something after him - the Teemu Pukki Training Ground or something?

We could also honour Webber by naming something after him. The Stuart Webber Gents' Toilets.

We could even be non-sexist and Zoe could have the ladies named after her as well.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Haha 1

Just now, SwearyCanary said:

If each displeased supporter grabbed a pen and paper, wrote a personal letter to the club and hand delivered it on the day, or posted in advance it would send out a very robust message.

5,000+ letters arriving at Carrow Road is something hard to ignore.  Imagine a queue pre-kick off for the clubs letterbox!  TV would lap that **** up straight away. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Congratulations on correcting the day.

To be honest I don’t really care. He’s just been an employee doing his job. He’s been very good at his job and if there was a get together after the game at the local spoons I’d buy him a pint but don’t think it needs much more than that. 

• Like 1

I don't think Attanasio needs anyone to tell him anything. He's got 10m invested and a seat on the board. If he doesn't know what's going on it really would be a case of a fool and his money...

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

To be honest I don’t really care. He’s just been an employee doing his job. He’s been very good at his job and if there was a get together after the game at the local spoons I’d buy him a pint but don’t think it needs much more than that. 

I don't agree. I think we need to make a difference between mercenaries like Rashica and players who have genuinely contributed to the club. Yes, Teemu was an employee and did very well out of it, but he deserves his version of a gold watch. I also feel the fans deserve the chance to expression emotion and gratitude for someone who has done so well for our club. Yes, football has become a business first and foremost, but for fans it is about emotion, ups and downs, and a big part of their lives.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't think Attanasio needs anyone to tell him anything. He's got 10m invested and a seat on the board. If he doesn't know what's going on it really would be a case of a fool and his money...

I hope you're right, and I suspect you are, but he's in a different continent and even in today's mediated world, it's not always easy to know what is happening at a local level. I'm sure when he comes to Carrow Road, everything is carefully planned so he only sees what the club wants him to see. He'll know that, of course, but will he have teams checking social media, for instance, to know how the fans really feel? Possibly, perhaps probably, but I think we should make sure that he does know what we feel just in case.

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You think Ryan Reynolds had a clue who Phil Parkinson was when he took Wrexham on?

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

I imagine almost everyone intended the game against Blackpool to be a big thank-you to Teemu for all that he has done for this club. Many people, though, will now probably think it needs to be a Webber Out protest, if only to send the message to Attanasio that this guy is no longer wanted anywhere near our club by a majority of the fans, and that the situation where he and his wife effectively behave like de facto owners is totally unacceptable in terms of conflict of interest.

It's sad that Teemu's last game for us is going to be played in such a toxic atmosphere. None of that toxicity can be laid at Teemu's door; a great deal of it can be laid at Webber's.

For the good of our club, we have to make sure that Attanasio is hearing more than the Webbers' self-publicity.

I sent him a tweet asking him to sack Webber. Why don't we all ask him via Twitter? He needs to be made aware of the fans feelings

4 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

You think Ryan Reynolds had a clue who Phil Parkinson was when he took Wrexham on?

Is that relevant?

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

I mean, it disproves your point.

Not really because Attanasio has been following what goes on for over  a year that we know of. He follows the social media. He even listens to canary call ffs

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not really because Attanasio has been following what goes on for over  a year that we know of. He follows the social media. He even listens to canary call ffs

Does he play Football Manager though?

Just now, CDMullins said:

Does he play Football Manager though?

No idea. 

He's not a PUP but let's see if we can get a pick out of him before he loses all that money going to hell in a handcart.

32 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I don't agree. I think we need to make a difference between mercenaries like Rashica and players who have genuinely contributed to the club. Yes, Teemu was an employee and did very well out of it, but he deserves his version of a gold watch. I also feel the fans deserve the chance to expression emotion and gratitude for someone who has done so well for our club. Yes, football has become a business first and foremost, but for fans it is about emotion, ups and downs, and a big part of their lives.

Sure, but he’s also been on holiday for a majority of this season. He’s done us a good services but don’t make the mistake of thinking he’s not a mercenary too. They all are at the end of they day they are only here cause we pay them and if someone offers them more they will be off in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Sure, but he’s also been on holiday for a majority of this season. He’s done us a good services but don’t make the mistake of thinking he’s not a mercenary too. They all are at the end of they day they are only here cause we pay them and if someone offers them more they will be off in the summer. 

Players are human beings. Unlike most of us, they are paid to do something they love. I agree that we mustn't romanticise our players' relationship to our club, but I think it's just as wrong to be cynical and say that all players are equally mercenary. I think there is a difference between Rashica and Hernandez, for example, or between Huckerby and Grabban.

Regarding Pukki specifically, IMO he hasn't been happy since the beginning of the 21/22 season when he had to start working alongside players who he quickly recognised were inferior to those of the previous season (especially the loss of Buendia), but has always behaved with impeccable professionalism and done his best on the pitch. I accept that he has looked semi-detached over the last few games, but who in the squad hasn't (except perhaps Hernandez)?