Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Red Lion Canaries

Imagine if ...

Recommended Posts

Our ladies team had a crowd of 7,585 - at Carrow Road - today. 

And they won 5-3.

And the game ended an hour ago.

And I had to post this since there was nothing here and y'all are still going on about how great the men's team used to be back in the day before these ladies were born.

Amazing.

Hope many of you not sat at home on the internet took your kids or grandkids to their first 'big' game today, and they had a great time, and a really bad pie at half time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Red Lion Canaries said:

Our ladies team had a crowd of 7,585 - at Carrow Road - today. 

And they won 5-3.

And the game ended an hour ago.

And I had to post this since there was nothing here and y'all are still going on about how great the men's team used to be back in the day before these ladies were born.

Amazing.

Hope many of you not sat at home on the internet took your kids or grandkids to their first 'big' game today, and they had a great time, and a really bad pie at half time.

I took my granddaughter to her first ever game and she loved it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic news. We haven't had the best season with the men's squad, but this a positive. Didn't Norwich Ladies once have the goalscoring record once? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Red Lion Canaries said:

Our ladies team had a crowd of 7,585 - at Carrow Road - today. 

And they won 5-3.

And the game ended an hour ago.

And I had to post this since there was nothing here and y'all are still going on about how great the men's team used to be back in the day before these ladies were born.

Amazing.

Hope many of you not sat at home on the internet took your kids or grandkids to their first 'big' game today, and they had a great time, and a really bad pie at half time.

Random criticism - I don’t see anyone ‘going I about how great the men’s team used to be before these ladies were born’ - Unless they are 3-4 years old.  I suppose it depends what game you went to.

I’d have probably gone to the game today had I lived locally, but it’s a 7 hour round trip, it’s more than enough to do for the men’s games.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Red Lion Canaries said:

Our ladies team had a crowd of 7,585 - at Carrow Road - today. 

And they won 5-3.

And the game ended an hour ago.

And I had to post this since there was nothing here and y'all are still going on about how great the men's team used to be back in the day before these ladies were born.

Amazing.

Hope many of you not sat at home on the internet took your kids or grandkids to their first 'big' game today, and they had a great time, and a really bad pie at half time.

Passive aggressive own goal. Oops!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Random criticism - I don’t see anyone ‘going I about how great the men’s team used to be before these ladies were born’ - Unless they are 3-4 years old.  I suppose it depends what game you went to.

I’d have probably gone to the game today had I lived locally, but it’s a 7 hour round trip, it’s more than enough to do for the men’s games.

It would have been more worth the trip that the men's games this season. I'm gutted to have missed it because I had a course to attend 10-3, but made sure the in laws could take the kids. They were absolutely buzzing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear people who went enjoyed it. Hopefully they get more opportunities to play at Carrow Road - it isn't for me, but the turnout was decent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine if women’s football didn’t interest some people? Doesn’t make them sexist or anti women’s football. Supporting a men’s teams doesn’t mean you’re obliged to support the women’s team. 
 

im pleased for them and I hope women’s football continues to grow, it just simply doesn’t do it for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Imagine if women’s football didn’t interest some people? Doesn’t make them sexist or anti women’s football. Supporting a men’s teams doesn’t mean you’re obliged to support the women’s team. 
 

im pleased for them and I hope women’s football continues to grow, it just simply doesn’t do it for me.

What he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens when gender neutral football comes round? Will that fall under men's or women's supporters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Indy said:

What happens when gender neutral football comes round?

What about club neutral so that players can pick and change which team they're playing for across the 90 mins? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

What about club neutral so that players can pick and change which team they're playing for across the 90 mins? 

Maybe that's what the Arsenal men's team do after going 2-0 up.

Btw well done ladies. OTBC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the highlights. Some suspect goalkeeping at times but likewise some excellent finishing. Seemed a great occasion one which the players will remember for a long time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...