Latest update on his injury is positive (see below), but at the same time very concerning from a Norwich position. It looks like years of injury problems facing us unless he has an operation that can fix it.

“Apparently it’s something he has had before where his kneecap dislocates and moves out of position.

I note that the Posh have yet another striker who is gaining acclaim in Johnson Clarke-Harris.

I initially thought yet another youngster from their conveyor belt and that perhaps we could snap him up before others pounce.

Then I discovered that he was 28 and not such a find.

Then again, Teemu Pukki was that age when he came to City.

This is of course thinking which expects another Championship season when snapping up prospects from the lower leagues and a loan or two from the PL. might be the basis of our approach to the market. 

Should we develop wings, or a goal-scoring touch, and fly into the play-offs and beyond, then Mr. A. from across the pond might well have more ambitious ideas.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Bali really has done fantastically well - loans out to lower divisions are rarely so impressive. I know people question his defensive work, but I wish he was playing with us now on the wing in front of Max rather than Marquinhos.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 2

Just now, canarybubbles said:

Bali really has done fantastically well - loans out to lower divisions are rarely so impressive. I know people question his defensive work, but I wish he was playing with us now on the wing in front of Max rather than Marquinhos.

Godfrey was probably the last one to have such an effective spell out on loan and that worked out brilliantly. The only question is what is his best position?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Latest update on his injury is positive (see below), but at the same time very concerning from a Norwich position. It looks like years of injury problems facing us unless he has an operation that can fix it.

“Apparently it’s something he has had before where his kneecap dislocates and moves out of position.

Ouch. That sounds painful. Will an op definitely fix it? If so book it for May 8th. Get it done so he has summer to recover as much as possible. 

6 hours ago, king canary said:

Godfrey was probably the last one to have such an effective spell out on loan and that worked out brilliantly. The only question is what is his best position?

Wasn't Cantwells spell in the Netherlands after Godfrey? That one also worked out pretty well. Since then it's not really worked on most fronts. Bali has looked great for posh, I'd have no problems letting him develop in the first team at RB if Max leaves in the summer, but I'd be interested to see him at RW really, a position we severely lack 

9 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Everyone else connected with Norwich City has been unaccountably overlooked this year.

Many apologies to @Diane and congratulations on your nomination. And thanks to @Greavsy who pointed this out on another thread.

EFL Supporter of the Season 

Les Miller – Luton Town

Diane Blazier – Norwich City

Paula Martin - Reading

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Many apologies to @Diane and congratulations on your nomination. And thanks to @Greavsy who pointed this out on another thread.

EFL Supporter of the Season 

Les Miller – Luton Town

Diane Blazier – Norwich City

Paula Martin - Reading

Apologies to you too for not noticing your thread and mentioning Diane's nomination here.

However that said she quite rightly deserves a thread of her own!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Wasn't Cantwells spell in the Netherlands after Godfrey? That one also worked out pretty well. Since then it's not really worked on most fronts. Bali has looked great for posh, I'd have no problems letting him develop in the first team at RB if Max leaves in the summer, but I'd be interested to see him at RW really, a position we severely lack 

Wouldn't say Hernandez's loan to Brum was a bad one, it kept him ticking over nicely. That said, that was not about developing a youngster but about keeping a fringe player match fit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Wouldn't say Hernandez's loan to Brum was a bad one, it kept him ticking over nicely. That said, that was not about developing a youngster but about keeping a fringe player match fit.

15 hours ago, king canary said:

You are forgetting Gibbs loan to Ipswich, that went pretty well.  😉

Bali's position in any team is the key question, and does that fit with the overall team plan.  The best I have seen him play was left wing against Swansea.  He has always looked a really talented lad.  Perhaps competition for Onel..... or the other way around.

Diane a shoe in supporting this City side this season makes Diane some kind of martyr.  Like many others however Season Ticket holders have only themselves to blame for having to watch every week.  Us members can pick and choose which games to watch that's why no attendance since October.  Not missing it at all.  

Been member for over 20 years even forked out the exorbitant £50  in 2019. But no more will be general sale buyer next season if I go at all.

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Diane a shoe in supporting this City side this season makes Diane some kind of martyr.  Like many others however Season Ticket holders have only themselves to blame for having to watch every week.  Us members can pick and choose which games to watch that's why no attendance since October.  Not missing it at all.  

Been member for over 20 years even forked out the exorbitant £50  in 2019. But no more will be general sale buyer next season if I go at all.

Are you excited for the 23/24 season Pete? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 hour ago, pete said:

I expect the club sees it as a mutual thought.