Sign in to follow this  
zema abbey football genius

First game at FCR this season…

More chance of me scoring got to be one of the most waste of money ever spent

We've lost and been dismal in every game I've been to this year and last year so I'm staying away for the run in. You're all welcome. I used to be a bit of a lucky charm for us but weirdly every since about 2014 or so I've rarely seen us win and I go to 5-10 games a year. Because of work and other commitments I rarely went in Farke's first promotion season and look what happened there, think I only went to the Leeds and Stoke (although we were good in that game) losses early on. 

Good news for next season is I'll be working pretty much every weekend so I won't be jinxing things. It's always been the dour seasons where I get to go to a lot of games, last year/Farke's first PL season/The AN and Irvine 2016 season and relegation under Hughton/Adams. I must have a worse win ratio than Dean Smith at CR! 

Just now, Richard Richard said:

Never heard of a gamp. Did you mean gimp?

Whatever suits you sir....they're both water resistant....(so someone told me).....Google gamp and enlighten yourself....

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, daly said:

More chance of me scoring got to be one of the most waste of money ever spent

I bet you will be there moaning about the drum as well.

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Whatever suits you sir....they're both water resistant....(so someone told me).....Google gamp and enlighten yourself....

Oh - a brolly!

I planned on posting last night, but didn’t arrive home until very late!

Despite the result, I enjoyed the game…I don’t think anyone could argue that we didn’t deserve to win.

Very good opening 20 mins or so…if Pukki or Sargent take their chances in that period I think it would have been a very comfortable win. 

We huffed and puffed second half & the obsession of playing it out from the back seemed to frustrate everyone around me (indeed we nearly scored first half via a Gunn ‘boot down the middle’)

As a solo fan yesterday, thanks to the chaps around me in the Barclay Upper for their company…myself and one bloke nearly banged heads as Tzolis blazed that last min chance high and wide!

As for the drum…slightly ambivalent. The Sara song was painfully overdone! Miss the old ‘just can’t get enough’ days…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zema abbey football genius said:

Miss the old ‘just can’t get enough’ days…

Didn't they play that at the final whistle following a victory?  Its been a while.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, zema abbey football genius said:

As for the drum…slightly ambivalent. The Sara song was painfully overdone! Miss the old ‘just can’t get enough’ days…

Problem with the drum is, its too repetitive, same ole thing, loads of "yellow army"  and the "Sara" song , what happened to all our other songs, plus it drowns out the Snakepit, cant hear them at all now.  Always makes me smile that most people who post they like it sit well away from the Barclay 😄

9 hours ago, Diane said:

Problem with the drum is, its too repetitive, same ole thing, loads of "yellow army"  and the "Sara" song , what happened to all our other songs, plus it drowns out the Snakepit, cant hear them at all now.  Always makes me smile that most people who post they like it sit well away from the Barclay 😄

That's not nice from a prospective EFL supporter of the season. :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

That's not nice from a prospective EFL supporter of the season. :classic_laugh:

But quite possibly true.  Drum over there? Yeah why not. Drum just behind/ in front/ next to ya? No thankyou very much. 

11 hours ago, zema abbey football genius said:

I don’t think anyone could argue that we didn’t deserve to win.

Your first time here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

But quite possibly true.  Drum over there? Yeah why not. Drum just behind/ in front/ next to ya? No thankyou very much. 

Im quite happy to declare I'm not for the drum personally, and it's not near me. 

I'd admit I'd be even more against it if it was nearer me though. 

• Sad 1

Should allow our resident Cozy Powell into the Director's Box and plonk him directly behind Webbo and wife Zoe on the 22nd April against Swansea.....See how long our drummer boy lasts.... 

If the club are happy to have the drummer, then they should also be happy for him to play wherever he's located in the ground....

32 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You witnessed a classic and can tell the grandchildren all about it in decades to come. 

Unbelievably my first game at Carrow Road was a 4-3 win vs Everton back in the 90s.

I thought that was the standard of entertainment on offer every week…my visits in the proceeding years haven’t exactly lived up 🙈

36 minutes ago, zema abbey football genius said:

Unbelievably my first game at Carrow Road was a 4-3 win vs Everton back in the 90s.

I thought that was the standard of entertainment on offer every week…my visits in the proceeding years haven’t exactly lived up 🙈

Nice one!!! I was at that match too. Towards the end of the season? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 hour ago, zema abbey football genius said:

I’ve just looked it up - 21st March 1992. 

Darren Beckford scored a hatrick…not sure whether he ever scored again…hahaha

Last City goals at the River End, I can see them now.