Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

VAR all time low

Tottenham v Brighton.  Two totally clear penalties not given for Brighton, despite VAR.  Onfield officials/VAR officials between them c*cked up on the two disallowed goals too.  The use of VAR continues to be useless.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

That Pukki decision a few years ago is still the worst for me

100% . They made the lines up. The perspective of the photo used and Pukkis body shape was non human. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

That Pukki decision a few years ago is still the worst for me

Arguably that moment was a turning point that led to our relegation. I'm not saying we would definitely have stayed up had we won that game, but it was as real kick in the nuts and mentally we appeared to lose a lot of confidence after that game

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LaUnionCanary said:

Spurs an elite club? Not for a long time.

I know that. It made me laugh that they still think they are and tried to get in on the breakaway super League. They're just a top flight Ipswich with a nicer ground. Won a few things years ago. 

What var seems to do is the opposite of what it's supposed to. The idea is great but it's the way it's used. 

It should be for seeing an obvious error by the ref and correcting it. Instead the idea seems to be. 'what decision do we want?' and coming to that decision. Quite often when the referee was right in the first place.

• Like 1

Just seen the highlights, absolutely disgusting officiating, just corruption at the highest level, can't have little old Brighton qualifying for the Champions league can we?

That made me as angry as if it happened to us. 

Just get rid of VAR now!!!

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Arguably that moment was a turning point that led to our relegation. I'm not saying we would definitely have stayed up had we won that game, but it was as real kick in the nuts and mentally we appeared to lose a lot of confidence after that game

Realms of fantasy springs to mind

No surprise to see the ref was Stuart Attwell after the way he almost single handed my turned around Leeds season and screwed us over in consecutive weeks last season. I still believe we would have won at Elland Road had he and the VAR official done their job properly and things could have been very different had Leeds lost to us and then at Everton the following week and we picked up a win at a time we were starting to improve. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't remind me

teemu-pukki-var.jpg

Still the best example of how useless the way VAR is implemented, but those two decisions at Spurs yesterday were nothing to do with VAR, they were purely wrong decisions by incompetent officials. 

Referees are being payed off and have been for decades

you’re telling me the amount of money in the game, in that league, and they aren’t on the take? They just do what they do out of some sense of “honour” for the beauty of the game?

Nope, corruption. Definitely.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

you’re telling me the amount of money in the game, in that league, and they aren’t on the take? They just do what they do out of some sense of “honour” for the beauty of the game?

If you have any corroborating  evidence im sure we'd  all love to see it, or was the comment spewed out  by a random Trope generator disguised as an Easter  Chick/ Frog whatever?

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Imo everyone should be angry about it. It is anti-football.

Totally agree with this.

13 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Agreed, I actually think yesterday was so obvious that the PL should just hold their hands up and replay the game, its disgusting. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

If you have any corroborating  evidence im sure we'd  all love to see it, or was the comment spewed out  by a random Trope generator disguised as an Easter  Chick/ Frog whatever?

I went to cork on business recently 

it rained the whole time

and west Cork is just as much a third world country as the rest of Cork

next.

15 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I went to cork on business recently 

it rained the whole time

and west Cork is just as much a third world country as the rest of Cork

next.

Liar . They wouldnt let you in. 

west Cork is just as much a third world country as the rest of Cork

...its got a higher standard of living than Norfolk, you sound like a typical island monkey.

Do your research or keep schtum

Next.

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Liar . 

Next.

When I was in Cork I was listening to the local radio and there was a news story about how a 100K tractor was won in a raffle by a dog

A dog

Third world England wannabes

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

When I was in Cork I was listening to the local radio and there was a news story about how a 100K tractor was won in a raffle by a dog

A dog

https://www.limerickpost.ie/2023/03/24/limerick-dog-unlikely-winner-of-e100000-tractor-in-raffle/

For everyone’s information here’s the dog

His name is Toby 

**** em. They wanted it to end the mistakes. Technology would stop it they said. You even get twats surrounding the ref even after he has checked his monitor. 

What it has proved is that they are never going to be happy.

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

A dog

😀The bit about the dog , could well be true. Tthe rest, just jealousy. 

https://www.limerickpost.ie/2023/03/24/limerick-dog-unlikely-winner-of-e100000-tractor-in-raffle/

For everyone’s information here’s the dog

His name is Toby 

Just seen that , fantastic stuff , well researched.  If Harry Redknapps dog can have a bank account, isnt it fair that Toby can win a Tractor? 

Ireland is a great place to live ... if you take of the union jack specs.

Nationalism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.

PS   I Dont believe  Toby has driven  the tractor  yet. So if you ask nicely , he may let you have a go next time you're over here on ' business'.  

Edited by wcorkcanary

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

**** em. They wanted it to end the mistakes. Technology would stop it they said. You even get twats surrounding the ref even after he has checked his monitor. 

What it has proved is that they are never going to be happy.

Give them all fair warning before next  season, adopt rugby protocols....only capt to speak to ref, sin bins etc.  Then stick to the changes and apply them in ALL cases.  

It'd  soon be a beautiful game again, imagine , no diving, no kane pretending he's  unconscious, no Roy Keane spittling in the refs face in a rage.

My Grandson always likes to remind me that footy is 90 mis of pretending to be hurt while Rugby is 80 mins of pretending not to be hurt. Sums it up for me. Yet i still prefer footy , imagine how much I'd  enjoy it if the games were actually sporting. 

20 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Just seen that , fantastic stuff , well researched.  If Harry Redknapps dog can have a bank account, isnt it fair that Toby can win a Tractor? 

Ireland is a great place to live ... if you take of the union jack specs.

Nationalism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.

I mean everyone might not be aware of this but I had a talk with a Girl from Cork and she informed me of the local Cork delicacy.

The Tayto Sandwich

Now, in the UK we are very used to making, say, a ham and cheese sandwich and adding some crisps. It’s a timeless classic.

In Ireland, oh boy…

So they go down to the local Lidl. Which, by the way, is the best supermarket you are going to get in county Cork. Once you are there you can dodge the locals fighting over the yellow ticket items and find yourself the crappest white loaf of bread you can find. I was told specifically the bread needs to be super, super crap. This was not hard to find. You then get yourself some Tayto Crisps. For those not aware Tayto is an Irish brand of potato crisps and it has a comedy mascot who I’m pretty sure was at one point elected as the head of Sinn Fein. You then just butter the bread and ram as many crisps as you can between two slices of bread, no filling, just crisps (I’m being serious) you then squeeze the whole thing down as hard as you can and eat it like a deformed pancake.

And they genuinely eat this over there all the time, you know, in West Cork, this “paradise”

In some ways they never recovered from the potato famine, they just became potatoes themselves 

Heres a link on how you can recreate the Tayto sandwich at home

https://meanwhileinireland.com/how-to-make-the-perfect-crisp-sandwich-dos-and-donts/

Edited by The Real Buh

I mean everyone might not be aware of this but I had a talk with a Girl from Cork and she informed me of the local Cork delicacy.

The Tayto Sandwich

Now, in the UK we are very used to making, say, a ham and cheese sandwich and adding some crisps. It’s a timeless classic.

In Ireland, oh boy…

So they go down to the local Lidl. Which, by the way, is the best supermarket you are going to get in county Cork. Once you are there you can dodge the locals fighting over the yellow ticket items and find yourself the crappest white loaf of bread you can find. I was told specifically the bread needs to be super, super crap. This was not hard to find. You then get yourself some Tayto Crisps. For those not aware Tayto is an Irish brand of potato crisps and it has a comedy mascot who I’m pretty sure was at one point elected as the head of Sinn Fein. You then just butter the bread and ram as many crisps as you can between two slices of bread, no filling, just crisps (I’m being serious) you then squeeze the whole thing down as hard as you can and eat it like a deformed pancake.

And they genuinely eat this over there all the time, you know, in West Cork, this “paradise”

In some ways they never recovered from the potato famine, they just became potatoes themselves 

Heres a link on how you can recreate the Tayto sandwich at home

https://meanwhileinireland.com/how-to-make-the-perfect-crisp-sandwich-dos-and-donts/

So much wrong  here that ill only point out its about as much local  delicacy as a chip butty is in England. You carry on with your  slightly strange views , me , ill be eating whatever is seasonal and fresh. Maybe popping down to the local  recently 2 Michelin starred restaurant.  

You be you mate, just dont expect us to lower ourselves. 😉

PM me in advance next time you're  over and  itll  save you the indignity of looking so ' English'. If im around , ill happily show you what you've missed on previous visits.

Lose your fear and the world becomes yours  . 

Smile at life and it smiles back.

You have much to learn Grasshopper.