Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Well at least we have Sara..

Quality player, works hard, makes good passes, set piece delivery is decent and is scoring a good amount of goals. Hopefully he’s still here next season

He’s not as bad as it once looked, in fact when he’s on song he’s quite good although 1 game in 3 he doesn’t show up and we struggle as we’ve become very reliant on him.

I expect him to be sold in the summer. Seems to be some transfer rumours building and Webber has run out of other assets to cash in on. 

I like Sara and the guy has come on leaps and bounds this season.

But modern football is weird isn’t it the guy has had a 4 or 5 good games in the championship and we are talking a few of about 24 million for him it’s just insane.

Yep, transfer market is crazy!

I guess he’s shown enough promise in his first season to pop up on a few radars and in honesty is one of the few assets we have that could potentially demand a sizeable fee (prob with Aaron’s and Sargent).

This next transfer window is so crucial to our future 

That's one positive. My suggestion for any attendees at Carrow Road who want the club to keep him is to start working on building an atmosphere where he might be tempted to stay. Only if you want to, of course.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ulfotto said:

I like Sara and the guy has come on leaps and bounds this season.

But modern football is weird isn’t it the guy has had a 4 or 5 good games in the championship and we are talking a few of about 24 million for him it’s just insane.

Was the same with Dickson Etuhu though wasn't it? Though perhaps to a lesser extent.

An offer for £25m and he will be gone. I can see him moving to Spain next.

Trouble is we got nothing for Cantwell, Pukki is worthless in terms of transfer fee and Max has only a year left on his contract. I just don't we can afford ro turn that sort of money down.

We also can't afford to replace Pukki so really should try as hard as possible to get him to sign a decent new contract. And then actually attempt to play to his strengths. Because I hate to imagine what next season might be like with Sargent and Idah as our two striking options...

But a few months ago it was all about Nunez and Sara was the dud. It's like a pendulum really so expect it to swing again before the end of the season.

I hope neither is sold and that we bring in players and a system that suits them both. 

5 minutes ago, Grando said:

We also can't afford to replace Pukki so really should try as hard as possible to get him to sign a decent new contract. And then actually attempt to play to his strengths. Because I hate to imagine what next season might be like with Sargent and Idah as our two striking options...

Goals goals goals.  I don't know what you're worrying about.

• Haha 1

Just now, nutty nigel said:

But a few months ago it was all about Nunez and Sara was the dud. It's like a pendulum really so expect it to swing again before the end of the season.

I hope neither is sold and that we bring in players and a system that suits them both. 

True.  I'm convinced Nunez will come good but I think it will be next season and the pendulum won't swing before the end of this one - but we might start to see some glimpses from Nunez again before the summer.  Sara has settled in now and I expect him to continue his good form for the rest of this season and then probably get sold unfortunately.  I'd love it if both were still here at the end of August 2023 along with some other quality additions obvs.

• Like 1