Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Blackcats*

2 minutes ago, mrdi said:

Pukki had the demeanour of a stroppy child today, almost to the point of resenting being out there. Sure, we created next to nothing for him but he's becoming a shadow of the player he's been for us. The reality of him today is arguably sadder than the idea of not seeing him at all. 

I really agree with this, for me Pukki was never at the races today, sometimes you can stay at a club too long. He has been outstanding previously but Sargent up top on Wednesday please DW.

21 minutes ago, mrdi said:

Pukki had the demeanour of a stroppy child today, almost to the point of resenting being out there. Sure, we created next to nothing for him but he's becoming a shadow of the player he's been for us. The reality of him today is arguably sadder than the idea of not seeing him at all. 

Probably not a popular opinion but I totally agree. He just didn't seem bothered today. You can't always demand endless through balls, sometimes you need to do a bit of work yourself and he didn't look like he fancied it today. Made life very easy for Baath.

Why we continue to try to fit 2 strikers on the pitch at the same time I do not know. We looked our best when we had Idah up front alone. Playing 2 up front together just means we're one player down in the middle of the pitch, and when one of the strikers drop in it never amounts to much.

Our build up from the back was poor all day but I can't help but think it would at least be a bit better if we tried to find someone else in the middle of the pitch. There's countless times where our players make one big circle with Sara in the middle, it makes it so easy for sides to cut off the passing angles.

Wagner's subs all poor today too imo, when things aren't working why would you make like for like changes? None of the lads who came on offer anything substantially different than who they replaced, and we didn't try to alter our shape at all either.

• Like 1

Pukki hasn’t committed to his new contract and to be honest might be a good time to be dropped in favour of Sargent. Trouble is Idah as back up just isn’t working, we really need another striker.

32 minutes ago, repman said:

Why we continue to try to fit 2 strikers on the pitch at the same time I do not know. We looked our best when we had Idah up front alone. Playing 2 up front together just means we're one player down in the middle of the pitch, and when one of the strikers drop in it never amounts to much.

Our build up from the back was poor all day but I can't help but think it would at least be a bit better if we tried to find someone else in the middle of the pitch. There's countless times where our players make one big circle with Sara in the middle, it makes it so easy for sides to cut off the passing angles.

Wagner's subs all poor today too imo, when things aren't working why would you make like for like changes? None of the lads who came on offer anything substantially different than who they replaced, and we didn't try to alter our shape at all either.

I tend to agree with most of this.

The 'must play' Pukki attitude then with Idah, Sergent or even Nunez not in their 'best' positions seems to leave us a missing cog elsewhere.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

I tell you what, Sunderland really wanted that Friendship cup today.

The celebrations at the end were… yeah.

Will there be a open top bus parade of the friendship cup? They’ll have to watch out for the donkeys running wild through the city centre.

Today was as assured as eggs are eggs, after they were hammered at home 5-1 last week and with our so shaky and mistake ridden defence.

We are what we are, a mid table Champs side, its only for the general mediocrity of most teams in this division this season that we  are keeping at or around a sniff of top 6 that  keeps some fans thinking we will be there come the end..some hope.

Never mind, always the  probable double header with the Binners next season...anyone relishing that just yet?

51 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I tell you what, Sunderland really wanted that Friendship cup today.

The celebrations at the end were… yeah.

Will there be a open top bus parade of the friendship cup? They’ll have to watch out for the donkeys running wild through the city centre.

Is our squad going to their city centre for training then?

We looked like Liverpool against Bournemouth yesterday,  disjointed and half-arsed. Never gonna score in a million years and even missing a penalty. All after toasting Manure 8-0. Funny old game. 

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Pukki hasn’t committed to his new contract and to be honest might be a good time to be dropped in favour of Sargent. Trouble is Idah as back up just isn’t working, we really need another striker.

Idah needs a run of games if you ask me. In the same way Sargent did at the start of the season. I think the issue is that he is being asked to play wide or off Pukki when he is a target man, and is far better through the middle. He is a literal like for like, in terms of striking birth, player for Sargent. 

Arguably Idah has had a run of games and was played out of position in a curious line-up.

Worringly Sargent was equally ineffective; out wide or through the middle.

We need better to get out of this league.

8 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Right, off to a 5-a-side tourney. Let's hope we do better second half!

Well, we didn't seem to do better second half, and whilst my team got to the semi-finals without conceding a goal in the group stages, we lost on penalties after a 0-0 draw.

Didn't concede in open play in four games, got knocked out anyway!

Just watched Tony Mowbray's post match interview. Very impressive. Would have been a much better appointment than Mr. Smith.