Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

BT Sport

Anybody see the web post about BT Sport being taken over by Warner Bros ( I think ) read it a few times and was completely confused !

Basically BT Sport have been bought by Warner Bros who also own Eurosport (the random sports channels nobody outside of cycling fanatics and snooker perverts watch) and are planning to merge the two but nothing more is clear.

It sounds like BTSport as we know it is for the chop- what will replace it is unclear as is how much it would cost. 

Edited by king canary
  • Haha 1

Just now, king canary said:

Eurosport (the random sports channels nobody outside of cycling fanatics watch)

Snooker as well, excellent snooker coverage.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

BT Sport is pretty good - I dare say any changes won’t be for the better for us punters.

BT has a weird selection of sports rights. All the European football but very little domestic, a couple of not that popular here American sports like MLB and College football, WWE. 

I imagine it makes sense to combine what they have with the Eurosport offerings. Whether this means a price increase I do not know.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Basically BT Sport have been bought by Warner Bros who also own Eurosport (the random sports channels nobody outside of cycling fanatics watch) and are planning to merge the two but nothing more is clear.

It sounds like BTSport as we know it is for the chop- what will replace it is unclear as is how much it would cost. 

And Skiing and Ski Jumping

13 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2023/feb/21/eurosport-bt-sport-disappear-tnt-rebrand-tv

so they’ll be putting the various bits together and rebranding. Could be more of a competitor to Sky for sports but obv they’ll want to charge more for the package.

As long as Now tv keep it going at around  ten euros a month  I'll be keeping it. ...as it includes premier sports in the package which ; as im not in uk  allows me to watch 3pm sat ko. Naaarich were on five or six tines at 3 pm last season.. 

• Like 1

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

As long as Now tv keep it going at around  ten euros a month  I'll be keeping it. ...as it includes premier sports in the package which ; as im not in uk  allows me to watch 3pm sat ko. Naaarich were on five or six tines at 3 pm last season.. BT also  gave me  the bicggest laugh on sport tv for ages when Chris Sutton told Robbie Savage that Celtic reserves was a bigger job tham managing Leicester ( when Brendan Rogers jumped ship) 

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Snooker as well, excellent snooker coverage.

Absolutely this. Probably watch more snooker than any other sport these days!

19 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Its better  on an old black and white telly. 

25 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Same here, absolutely love it. Sad state of affairs that a couple of people can push balls around a table with sticks and it is unarguably more of a sport than Premier League football. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Same here, absolutely love it. Sad state of affairs that a couple of people can push balls around a table with sticks and it is unarguably more of a sport than Premier League football. 

Sad but true. Its a game of skill and cunning.  Unlike footy which is pretty much about money. 

Its almost a reversal of footy in fact , where the best  become the richest, rather than the richest become the best. 😇

• Thanks 1

Tried watching the Australian tennis on Eurosport. Coverage was not good - too few matches to watch, user unfriendly website with lack of links - and worse, could not get it to work well on my laptop. Only thing they could suggest was to change to a different browser. All very well, but I have no issues with any other streaming service on firefox, the browser I use. Won't be using them again.

I read somewhere yesterday that Sky is not keen on renewing its deal for Championship football when the current deal expires in a year. Apparently the biggest audience for a championship game this season is 600,000.

An American company is rumoured to be interested but it wasn't one I'd heard of before. 

Did anyone else see this story? Think I saw it on Facebook but can't find anything now.