Sign in to follow this  
littleyellowbirdie

Empty thread

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Great politics for his constituents. Just keep asking the interviewer "Have you ever told a lie?". So that is the way to admit eventually that you did set up the interview.

The interviewer was absolutely hopeless!

That man is an ignorant bully. Someone like James O'Brien would have gently picked him apart but he would probably refuse the interview. 

On 04/02/2023 at 10:07, FenwayFrank said:

I notice Gary Glitter was released after serving half his sentence which shouldn't be happening in my opinion 

Oh come on. Come on . Come on . Come on.( I said)

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

11 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I think we put too many people in prison who really shouldn't be there. Council tax/TV licence avoidance? Doesn't deserve jail time for me. In fact, I'd say that for any financial crime and just keep prison for those who are physical threats.

Banging people up for low level stuff like council tax evasion is a bit harsh but financial scams affecting vulnerable people are very different. People have been known to take their own lives after being scammed and the scumbags who do it should be locked up, preferably for a long time.

10 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Oh come on. Come on . Come on . Come on.( I said)

Wouldn’t want to be in his gang would you?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Wouldn’t want to be in his gang would you?

He's been put in a hostel just North of Portsmouth. I know the estate it is on and I don't fancy his chances much if he regularly goes out for a walk, there are a few people on that estate who would happily "detain" him for a while. They definitely do not want to be in his gang.

Anyone remember the ukip councillor that wanted the death penalty brought in for suicide bombers? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

Anyone remember the ukip councillor that wanted the death penalty brought in for suicide bombers? 

The best way to stop dead people re-offending is to kill them.

Tell me I'm wrong you tofu eating, Guardian reading Wokerati. Go on, I dare you.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Banging people up for low level stuff like council tax evasion is a bit harsh but financial scams affecting vulnerable people are very different. People have been known to take their own lives after being scammed and the scumbags who do it should be locked up, preferably for a long time.

I'm actually not convinced on the last sentence there. For me, that's an argument for tougher financial penalties, or indeed giving the Proceeds of Crime Act more teeth / different penalties but at the moment I'm not quite sure how that would work off the top of my head.

I don't get the impression prison is much of a deterrent for those sorts.

The general consensus seems to be capital punishment is a bad thing, but what about bad refereeing? How about clueless managers? What are the arguments for and against? Could a  hanging in the centre circle at the end of the game help lighten the mood after a bad defeat?

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Could a hanging in the centre circle at the end of the game help lighten the mood after a bad defeat?

I'd prefer medieval stocks and a bucket of rancid meat and **** in the car park personally.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

I'd prefer medieval stocks and a bucket of rancid meat and **** in the car park personally.

That's an interesting option, but decamping to the car park? Wouldn't it be a good way to encourage people to stay until the end of the game to keep proceedings on the pitch? . If we're concerned about damage to the pitch, how about laying tarpaulin for proceedings?

35 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

If we're concerned about damage to the pitch, how about laying tarpaulin for proceedings?

Well the trouble with these medieval style punishments is the risk of cast iron kitchenware being thrown, which tarpaulin cannot protect.

Would going on to the roof be an option?  Rather than an out-right hanging we could just dangle them by their feet until they pass out.  We'd need some kind of declaration form -  So those afraid of heights can be dangled from the city stand.   Don't want to breach humane laws.

Although, that may bias the vote as I think vast majority would want South Stand to be host due to the additional height.... So declarations need to be kept private.

The other factor to counter in is that rather than people leaving the ground early, we may have to deal with extras turning up post match to observe.  This could just include casual by standers and those who have an active dislike to football in general.

Question is, come end of season we'd need to have a final dangle at the Cathedral... In that instance would it need an additional vote, or whoever had the most dangles across the season, maybe the person who had received less?  Or in fact, we universally agree who the scapegoat is in January so it's all prepared ready for May?

• Haha 1

On 04/02/2023 at 08:54, Nuff Said said:

As a confirmed bleeding heart liberal, that’s encouraging, I thought Cambridge was correct. Has that changed recently?

Yes it has, Cambridge has never been correct before.

Edited by LaUnionCanary
  • Haha 1