Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Villa and BK8

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

None at all but you have to give credit for an attempted whataboutery that is so completely disconnected from the subject at hand.

Disagree, rumour is one of Sam Smiths nipple tassles had the Norwich crest on it...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The cancelling of Norwich Citys sponsorship a few years ago cause some fans didn't the fact the Company had an advertising campaign featuring a scantily clad woman on a bed (apparently, I never looked at it, which is what I suggest those who didn't like it should have done!) cost the club a considerable sum of money. - Your not telling me that Lotus have never used attractive girls for marketing purposes in the past?

Incidentally when Norwich were sponsored by the betting firm, whose name I can't recall, I never went on tier website and signed up to their betting thingamijigs!

When Norwich were sponsored by Flybe for one season in the 00's I didn't start flying with them all the time!

When Norwich were sponsored by Colmans in gthe late 90's I didn't become addicted to mustard likewise with Fosters lager in the late 80's!

3 minutes ago, kingsway said:

The cancelling of Norwich Citys sponsorship a few years ago cause some fans didn't the fact the Company had an advertising campaign featuring a scantily clad woman on a bed (apparently, I never looked at it, which is what I suggest those who didn't like it should have done!) cost the club a considerable sum of money. - Your not telling me that Lotus have never used attractive girls for marketing purposes in the past?

Incidentally when Norwich were sponsored by the betting firm, whose name I can't recall, I never went on tier website and signed up to their betting thingamijigs!

When Norwich were sponsored by Flybe for one season in the 00's I didn't start flying with them all the time!

When Norwich were sponsored by Colmans in gthe late 90's I didn't become addicted to mustard likewise with Fosters lager in the late 80's!

Why do these companies waste millions and millions when it clearly doesn’t work. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Why do these companies waste millions and millions when it clearly doesn’t work. 

Didn't work for me and I reckon the vast majority of Norwich fans!

Edited by kingsway

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I on occasion, adopt the LOTUS position.....

5 minutes ago, kingsway said:

Didn't work for me and I reckon the vast majority of Norwich fans!

Fair play, but if your allowing gambling companies on shirts let’s have a level playing field. Bang em all on if they can pay the money, be it drink, smokes and drugs companies. Who cares if it ain’t going to entice you individually. 

23 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

10-15 years time there will be a flood of lawsuits from young adults that have had irreparable damage done to their bodies by their parents/doctors letting them transition as pre teens. I don't doubt the legitimacy of gender/body dysmorphia but the way it's 'treated' is pretty insane. 

Only there won't as you're not legally allowed to transition until you are at least 17...

Perhaps try reading the NHS guidance on how it's handled before repeating "facts" presented by people with entrenched anti views.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/treatment/#:~:text=Transition to adult gender identity,a diagnosis of gender dysphoria.

• Like 2

On 02/02/2023 at 20:31, cornish sam said:

Only there won't as you're not legally allowed to transition until you are at least 17...

Perhaps try reading the NHS guidance on how it's handled before repeating "facts" presented by people with entrenched anti views.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/treatment/#:~:text=Transition to adult gender identity,a diagnosis of gender dysphoria.

By 17 the damage has already been done by those indoctrinating the minor in the first place. Jeez, a local school to me has already stated that it's 'OK' for your child to come to school dressed as they wish. We're talking under 10's. This in turn prompted parents to attempt to take their children out of said school. Result? Court case against the parents for interfering with their child's education expectations. 

They are there to learn to read, write and numeracy. Not as candidates for some experiment into gender neutrality.....

3 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

By 17 the damage has already been done by those indoctrinating the minor in the first place. Jeez, a local school to me has already stated that it's 'OK' for your child to come to school dressed as they wish. We're talking under 10's. This in turn prompted parents to attempt to take their children out of said school. Result? Court case against the parents for interfering with their child's education expectations. 

They are there to learn to read, write and numeracy. Not as candidates for some experiment into gender neutrality.....

Bonkers.

On 01/02/2023 at 20:43, Naturalcynic said:
On 01/02/2023 at 20:28, SwearyCanary said:

Yes I am. Proud of it.

Read above post. Don’t fear people more knowledgeable than you about things, learn from them and evolve. 

Outstanding, but with a rather alarming superiority complex.

Edited February 1 by Naturalcynic

Seems that way, doesn't it. I've had a few accolades doewn the years but I would never go touting them around....oh, maybe I just did, doh.......

1 hour ago, Foxy2600 said:

It's a very sensitive area. There are some kids who believe they are the opposite sex inside from ever since they can remember.....and there are other kids who are just a bit mixed up who maybe can't seem to fit in and then latch on to something, maybe gender change, as being the answer when maybe that isn't the krux of the issue - and because of the system, they are encouraged to pursue it as if it is right. 

As I say it's a hugely difficult issue and being too "pro" or too "anti" is not good.  In life the people who look after you - parents and teachers mostly - have a huge responsibility to give the right advice - and clearly some schools are better than others at dealing with the issue. There are those who promote freedom to choose too much - and that needs to be seen for what it is - not every kid who decides they want to be something else is right to pursue that - some just need counselling and not put under any pressure to be this - or that.....or the other.....

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It's a very sensitive area. There are some kids who believe they are the opposite sex inside from ever since they can remember.....and there are other kids who are just a bit mixed up who maybe can't seem to fit in and then latch on to something, maybe gender change, as being the answer when maybe that isn't the krux of the issue - and because of the system, they are encouraged to pursue it as if it is right. 

As I say it's a hugely difficult issue and being too "pro" or too "anti" is not good.  In life the people who look after you - parents and teachers mostly - have a huge responsibility to give the right advice - and clearly some schools are better than others at dealing with the issue. There are those who promote freedom to choose too much - and that needs to be seen for what it is - not every kid who decides they want to be something else is right to pursue that - some just need counselling and not put under any pressure to be this - or that.....or the other.....

I understand that LDC but seriously, make this decision when you are 18. If there’s a problem then pursue a solution yourself. Not reach for the NHS crutch for a sex change. The NHS was never intended for that. It was intended to look after working people to remain healthy and continue their toils or have a comfortable retirement - the NHS was never instigated for a lifestyle choice just because your schoolmates thought it’s a bit of a crack. Aneurin Bevan must be spinning in his grave.

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Seems that way, doesn't it. I've had a few accolades doewn the years but I would never go touting them around....oh, maybe I just did, doh.......

Yeah, you got all snooty about this before and then used your self proclaimed extensive knowledge of the education system to try and shame me for being proud of what I do and taking pride in doing a good job of it. The irony wasn’t lost in me then either. But then again I didn’t bring it up, the person disagreeing with me did to try and belittle me because they ran out of argument. Thanks for jumping on it several days later though. 

I wonder why teachers are leaving in droves and recruiting new ones is impossible. 

4 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

I understand that LDC but seriously, make this decision when you are 18. If there’s a problem then pursue a solution yourself. Not reach for the NHS crutch for a sex change. The NHS was never intended for that. It was intended to look after working people to remain healthy and continue their toils or have a comfortable retirement - the NHS was never instigated for a lifestyle choice just because your schoolmates thought it’s a bit of a crack. Aneurin Bevan must be spinning in his grave.

If you feel that you should leave this kind of thing until a person is 18, how do you plan on stopping mental suffering, self harm and suicide to at least that age? Many people who truly suffer with this suffer from far earlier than 18, you are advocating forcing their suffering throughout their most formative years just because you think some people go down this path "as a bit of a crack". There are many, many steps to go through before you even get considered for hormone treatment or any other physical intervention,big it was just a bit of a crack then they would not reach that stage.

Just out of interest, from your statement, do you also feel that mental health support should not be offered on the NHS to under 18s? What about children and adolescents with ADHD? Or autism? Or even children with illnesses as they are not working people at that stage!

Edited by cornish sam

6 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

If you feel that you should leave this kind of thing until a person is 18, how do you plan on stopping mental suffering, self harm and suicide to at least that age? Many people who truly suffer with this suffer from far earlier than 18, you are advocating forcing their suffering throughout their most formative years just because you think some people go down this path "as a bit of a crack". There are many, many steps to go through before you even get considered for hormone treatment or any other physical intervention,big it was just a bit of a crack then they would not reach that stage.

Just out of interest, from your statement, do you also feel that mental health support should not be offered on the NHS to under 18s? What about children and adolescents with ADHD? Or autism? Or even children with illnesses as they are not working people at that stage!

Oh Jeez! I just stated that back in 1948 3% of your wages wasn’t the be all  and end all. 

There were miners with lung problems, and glass workers with silicosis 

Thats what the NHS was set up for, a safety net!

it’s morphed into a cure all!. YeAh mental health is important - just saying to a kid ‘get a grip’ is no longer enough!  It has to be analysed and pored over. The kids no better for it….

27 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Yeah, you got all snooty about this before and then used your self proclaimed extensive knowledge of the education system to try and shame me for being proud of what I do and taking pride in doing a good job of it. The irony wasn’t lost in me then either. But then again I didn’t bring it up, the person disagreeing with me did to try and belittle me because they ran out of argument. Thanks for jumping on it several days later though. 

I wonder why teachers are leaving in droves and recruiting new ones is impossible. 

I only "jumped on it" after I saw it, I haven't been following this thread until today.

I know it's each to their own and we are all free to be how we want, but I just don't understand it. Surely you can be a fantastic teacher and know it, without needing to parade it around? 

53 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I only "jumped on it" after I saw it, I haven't been following this thread until today.

I know it's each to their own and we are all free to be how we want, but I just don't understand it. Surely you can be a fantastic teacher and know it, without needing to parade it around? 

Again. I didn’t bring it up again and I didn’t parade it around. It was brought up by someone else and I defended myself. 

2 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

Oh Jeez! I just stated that back in 1948 3% of your wages wasn’t the be all  and end all. 

There were miners with lung problems, and glass workers with silicosis 

Thats what the NHS was set up for, a safety net!

it’s morphed into a cure all!. YeAh mental health is important - just saying to a kid ‘get a grip’ is no longer enough!  It has to be analysed and pored over. The kids no better for it….

So now such industrial maladies are mainly removed should the NHS disband? It was never intended as a "safety net" it was intended to provide comprehensive care for all people who were in need of a cure. Since you care so much about Nye in his grave how about this quote from him:

"Not even the apparently enlightened principle of the 'greatest good for the greatest number' can excuse indifference to individual suffering. There is no test for progress other than its impact on the individual."

Yet here you are trying to show at best indifference, more realistically contempt for many individuals sufferings of many stripes, not just gender dysphoria.

Seems everyone on this Earth is entitied to UK  NHS except me… paid in since 1976 but at the point of delivery, apparently I’ll have to wait! 
Arrive in a rubber boat, it’s all available.

Have 10 kids in a war zone - come on down!

The quicker you thickos realise it’s unsustainable, the quicker the whole lot will be privatised. 9% of my income.

7 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

Seems everyone on this Earth is entitied to UK  NHS except me… paid in since 1976 but at the point of delivery, apparently I’ll have to wait! 

The quicker you thickos realise it’s unsustainable, the quicker the whole lot will be privatised. 9% of my income.

Can you explain why it was sustainable until 2010 but now isn't? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

And you "thickos" are constantly blaming the wrong people. Can't get into a hospital? It must be the fault of the 0.001% of asylum seekers. It definitely isn't the fault of the government,you keep voting for, that has chronically and ideologically underfunded it and hamstrung it for over a decade.

Wake up, take some responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

And you "thickos" are constantly blaming the wrong people. Can't get into a hospital? It must be the fault of the 0.001% of asylum seekers. It definitely isn't the fault of the government,you keep voting for, that has chronically and ideologically underfunded it and hamstrung it for over a decade.

Wake up, take some responsibility.

Don't worry. Less than 2 years to go. 

According to the latest poll in The Telegraph the Conservative MP's in Parliament will soon resemble the South Stand away section. For a Tuesday night game against Shrewsbury. 

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Don't worry. Less than 2 years to go. 

According to the latest poll in The Telegraph the Conservative MP's in Parliament will soon resemble the South Stand away section. For a Tuesday night game against Shrewsbury. 

I'll never underestimate the ridiculousness of the British electorate.😬

• Thanks 1

On 03/02/2023 at 09:31, cornish sam said:

But they were prescribed puberty blockers and other treatments. We won’t let people have a pint before their 18th birthday but will allow troubled young teens to take experimental drugs with numerous side effects.

I simply don’t believe a young teenager can be informed enough to know that they’d be happy being infertile in a decades time because the drugs they’d been given to prevent them going through puberty.

I don’t doubt there’s a psychological condition with people believing they’re supposed to be the opposite sex, however I believe those that actually suffer from it are tiny. For most kids it’s a fashion/phase they’ll grow out of, some will grow up gay and unfortunately there’s very high rates of autism amongst those who identify as transgender who require much psychiatric help

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

But they were prescribed puberty blockers and other treatments. We won’t let people have a pint before their 18th birthday but will allow troubled young teens to take experimental drugs with numerous side effects.

I simply don’t believe a young teenager can be informed enough to know that they’d be happy being infertile in a decades time because the drugs they’d been given to prevent them going through puberty.

I don’t doubt there’s a psychological condition with people believing they’re supposed to be the opposite sex, however I believe those that actually suffer from it are tiny. For most kids it’s a fashion/phase they’ll grow out of, some will grow up gay and unfortunately there’s very high rates of autism amongst those who identify as transgender who require much psychiatric help

Perhaps this might help you understand. Not everything is black and white 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/02/male-and-female-what-is-it-like-to-be-intersex

4 hours ago, Herman said:

Just back from a walk with a friend who said exactly the same thing. I do wish people wouldn't upset me on a Sunday. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Herman said:

As George Carlin (I think) said " just think how stupid the average person is and remember that half of them are dumber than that"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

Yet we let people sign up for the military when they are too young to have a pint. So you are starting from a false premise there in that puberty blockers just delay puberty until a point where the individual is able to make an informed decision on what they want to be in their life, and as such are only given for a few years. Whilst they can have some side effects (such as reduced growth) infertility is not considered to be one of them, hormone therapy can cause infertility, but that is not given until further down the path and after they have reached a point where the individual can make an informed decision. So for those that will grow out of it, they still can and whilst many kids do grow out of it (estimates vary but a Dutch study suggested it's only up to 27% who go on to reassign post adolescence, though the numbers increase markedly if they are referred after the age of 12)  puberty blockers are a fully reversible process. To get to the stage of physical intervention is not easy and involves a lot of assessment and therapy and many who feel this way don't go down the path of puberty blockers (this is a few years out of date but in 2017 it was reported that there were 800 kids on puberty blockers)

You do make an interesting point though about the incidences of autism and gender identity, however, just because they are higher doesn't mean that it is "just autism" making them say/think this. The brain is a weird and wonderful thing, there is also a higher than average incidence between autism and ADHD and it turns out that the main differences of brain function caused by both conditions are found in neighbouring regions of the brain. This doesn't mean that one causes the other, but rather that if there is a difference in development of a nascent brain it can affect more than one area and cause both conditions. Also, even if it were "just" autism, giving the autistic adolescent one less thing to worry about is helpful in that it can reduce the stress and allow the development of coping strategies that they may otherwise me too emotionally overwhelmed to develop and form habits around.

Edited by cornish sam
Clarifying on "growing out of it"