6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Agree. I quite like the bloke. One of Ipswich's better managers of recent years

Micks a dry old facker, great sense of humour. His ' sexy football ' comment was a class act. I wouldnt want him as our manager but  like him. 

22 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Mad Mick at CR on the last day of the season. 😀

I can imagine he will get a great reception. Agent McCarthy did a great job keeping his ex-club down the road away from promotion.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I can imagine he will get a great reception. Agent McCarthy did a great job keeping his ex-club down the road away from promotion.

I guess it's a matter of perspective, but I thought with the resources he had, he did a good job keeping them in the Champs and after he left they were relegated ?

2 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I guess it's a matter of perspective, but I thought with the resources he had, he did a good job keeping them in the Champs and after he left they were relegated ?

Indeed, but I think he got some sympathy from us for having to put up with working under Evans and for a binner manager, he came out of it quite well with us.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Indeed, but I think he got some sympathy from us for having to put up with working under Evans and for a binner manager, he came out of it quite well with us.

Fair point, he always kept his dignity unlike Lambert !

It was also very amusing that there was a widespread view at the time that he was basically getting them to over-perform, then they sacked him and promptly went downhill, proving exactly that.

• Thanks 1

I suspect this will be an important game for both clubs. Them syaing up, and us going up. I don't think he has any more love for the binners than we do. I think the approach should be of a shared dislike

'Mick McCarthy is our friend

is our friend

is our friend

Mick McCarthy is our friend, he hates Ipswich'

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

He did get a lot of flack from the binners support who did not appreciate his negative tactics or why they were necessary.

It culminated with him turning and telling them to "f-ck off."

It was during a game against City, and they were very negative during that game and he was getting constant stick. However, Chambers scored a surprise equaliser for them in the last minute causing his reaction.

They never appreciated that outburst though and the parting of the ways was inevitable even though he later apologised.

A manager swearing at his own fans. Love the man .... it was binners he swore at after all.

Edited by BroadstairsR

He was one of their best managers. Had them punching well above their weight as has been evidenced since his sacking. They're a top of L1/bottom Champ club in reality as much as they dont want to admit it. He had them mid-table/play-off chasing in the Champ. Hell of an achievement.

I like listening to Mick's strong Brogue Barnsley accent.....

He's a decent bloke is Mick and I don't mind him.....he'll do ok at Blackpool....