Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

At present 10th!

It will need a miracle to salvage anything from this season now.

It seems that , as I speak, 10th in the Championship is about right, considering the awful displays this year.

It was a pipe dream to ever think of promotion this season, don’t think anyone has done that three time in succession. 

Given we have a new manager in probably fair for him to get time to build his team before we try going up. Not saying we need to abandon promotion hopes but fair to say automatic promotion is baring a miracle almost out the question

14 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

It seems that , as I speak, 10th in the Championship is about right, considering the awful displays this year.

It was a pipe dream to ever think of promotion this season, don’t think anyone has done that three time in succession. 

Under Smith, yes we probably would have missed the play offs.

But how’s the time to be optimistic and get behind the team!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes, that’s totally right - we’ve only got 22 games left, so it must all be over.

You do realise that we’d go back to 5th if we won tonight?

4th.

• Like 1

We could go 4th with a win. Top two is probably gone (barring going on a ridiculous run and winning every game) but playoffs are within our own control. First though we need to stop the rot. A draw would be fine right now. 

Didn’t realise we have had the England teams attacking coach for 5 years with us for the last 6 months 

Not impressed so far

More of the same

39 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Fulham did just recently, but two of those promotions were from play offs.

3 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

I do believe that to ever gain promotion  we need a major overhaul of players

Just getting back to normal will do me. Its awful when so many of us want our coach dismissed. I will be satisfied with a decent game tonight.

• Like 1

The table is very compressed in the zone of the playoffs and just below, so a single win or defeat can make a huge difference.

But I think 10th is a pretty fair reflection of our season so far TBH - that was the level we were certainly heading for under Smith, actually lower if anything.

Its such a relief to have Smith out of the way and to hope the team and crowd will be energised.

• Like 1