1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

We can get a waiver.

You’d better ask Zoe (Essex has her email addy) as she’s the expert on waivers, apparently…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

I have no idea what our losses are or how all this affects FFP.

Now you can see why some of us are eager to see the next set of financial statements. Just how much have we left to play with? Its' why I expect a lot of the money from Attanasio will be pegged to commercial rather than sporting infrastructure. Its the way he does things.

26 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Now you can see why some of us are eager to see the next set of financial statements. Just how much have we left to play with? Its' why I expect a lot of the money from Attanasio will be pegged to commercial rather than sporting infrastructure. Its the way he does things.

I can't wait :classic_ninja:

Heard that a new stand, a legacy if you want is high on the agenda. Think most of us would agree if finance allows this should be high on the list of priorities. Always needs to be a balance between on/off field expenditure though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Heard that a new stand, a legacy if you want is high on the agenda. Think most of us would agree if finance allows this should be high on the list of priorities. Always needs to be a balance between on/off field expenditure though. 

That would be a great legacy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's OK, we can sell the training ground and lease it back, sell Carrow Rd. and lease it back, take a loan out on future ticket sales & Tom can work his magic on a few big sponsorship deals. These are sure fire ways to success, nothing can go wrong. 

Before you all laugh, a majority owner can do this. 

This is the trust. This is what you vote for. 

Ultimately - unilaterally - this is what Delia is (uncomfortably) deciding. 

And you were worried about the waiver?

Parma 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Unthink road said:

Hmm, I thought Zoe said that was years away due to the astronomical build costs.

Not saying I wouldn't welcome it, so long as we don't have to sell players to fund it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hmm, I thought Zoe said that was years away due to the astronomical build costs.

Not saying I wouldn't welcome it, so long as we don't have to sell players to fund it.

The rebuilding of the City stand is the equivalent of an NCFC can, always being kicked down the road on a cost basis…

15 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Indeed it will be nice to hear more on things as and when he is allowed to get more involved .

41 minutes ago, GMF said:

The rebuilding of the City stand is the equivalent of an NCFC can, always being kicked down the road on a cost basis…

Or is it a Delia Smith regime can?

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Or is it a Delia Smith regime can?

What’s a regime can, and does it come with its own big stick?

57 minutes ago, GMF said:

What’s a regime can, and does it come with its own big stick?

There’s a loyalty bonus of free pitchforks and torches after five years.

To be fair to Zoe, and the board, from the discussions I've had with her I think they are doing all they can to get the 'new stand' into a position where it can be built once the funding (and demand) is there.  Not necessarily a kicking of the can, and you could easily question the plausibility of building the stand when you look at attendances in the last 18 months. 

2 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

To be fair to Zoe, and the board, from the discussions I've had with her I think they are doing all they can to get the 'new stand' into a position where it can be built once the funding (and demand) is there.  Not necessarily a kicking of the can, and you could easily question the plausibility of building the stand when you look at attendances in the last 18 months. 

Exactly. Why no EFFECTIVE initiatives to recycle the 10 per cent of seats left vacant by season ticket holders each match? It will be much cheaper and improve the atmosphere. The German connection can show the way.

3 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

It’s certainly true to say that it’s only recently that they have owned the additional land needed to make this possible, the relevant deal being struck by Ben Kensell just prior to his departure.

But the messaging has been similar for years now, certainly since David McNally’s time, being the combination of affordability and the logistics of accommodating season ticket holders during the build period. However, the appetite to deal with this has come across as lukewarm at best.

Historically, they’d rather spend any Premier League media money on players, or settling debt. No one seemed willing to grasp the nettle. Now they have fewer excuses.

It’s definitely a stated aim for all. Think they were waiting/hoping for cost of build/materials to come down before pushing the button on it so to speak.

2 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

It’s definitely a stated aim for all. Think they were waiting/hoping for cost of build/materials to come down before pushing the button on it so to speak.

My view is that what we have experienced in the past 12 months is a catching up of artificially constrained inflation generally in the economy - where we are now is where we would have been if government policy had not been suppressing prices and wage increases such that inflation was below GDP rises. Rather than wait for prices to fall (they won't) lock prices in now to guard against future increases (although I know from personal experience that will be extremely difficult to achieve and Liverpool experienced that on their Anfield Road expansion, with the contractor going in to liquidation rather than complete a loss making contract). More welcome though will be Attanasio's ability to lock in finance costs.

So, no point in hanging around, things will only get more expensive.

17 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

That would be a great legacy.

I Think if Delia and Mwj are not making a profit from their shares and MA is loaning the club money instead to gain their shares ,

it would be Lovely to have a New Stand named after them ,

Delia and MWJ could of sold the club for 60 ? /80 ? /100 ?  million and walked away with a pocket full of money ,

but instead are injecting that money back into the club which not many families / people would do 

• Thanks 1

Has our nation got a clue? Just look at HS2. More feet on the ground rather than head in the clouds would serve better. Same for NCFC.

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I Think if Delia and Mwj are not making a profit from their shares and MA is loaning the club money instead to gain their shares ,

it would be Lovely to have a New Stand named after them ,

Delia and MWJ could of sold the club for 60 ? /80 ? /100 ?  million and walked away with a pocket full of money ,

but instead are injecting that money back into the club which not many families / people would do 

If the minority shareholders don't get a better deal than S&J maybe the new stand could be named after them too?  After all unlike S&J they haven’t had any choice in the matter. Even more so for the inheritors amongst them.

Just now, essex canary said:

If the minority shareholders don't get a better deal than S&J maybe the new stand could be named after them too?  After all unlike S&J they haven’t had any choice in the matter. Even more so for the inheritors amongst them.

I'm sure they can have a brick in the wall with their name on. It would match the wall on the other side.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I'm sure they can have a brick in the wall with their name on. It would match the wall on the other side.

It certainly would for me. Maybe the City Stand one will be complimentary? Time may require the messages to be updated.

Pink Floyd got it right as usual.

Edited by essex canary

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The minorities, unlike S&J, voted in favour of the waiver and there’s no point in moaning about it, just because the result didn’t go as you wanted.

And those same minorities are perfectly entitled to sell their shares, at whatever price they want, rather than waiting for MA to play Father Christmas, and make them an offer in a few years time. One which, undoubtedly, you won’t like. 

13 minutes ago, GMF said:

The minorities, unlike S&J, voted in favour of the waiver and there’s no point in moaning about it, just because the result didn’t go as you wanted.

And those same minorities are perfectly entitled to sell their shares, at whatever price they want, rather than waiting for MA to play Father Christmas, and make them an offer in a few years time. One which, undoubtedly, you won’t like. 

Shef still thinks £150 or so in the near future. There has been another Father Christmas at £200. Given my quantity MA may still be the best bet at least for some enhancement on £25? Then again don't count on it. His hand could have been forced at £25 which could have been accompanied by an outline plan for an enhanced settlement going forward. Probably would have cost him peanuts so why didn't he go for it or why didn't those voting "For' call his bluff?

Edited by essex canary

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Shef still thinks £150 or so in the near future. There has been another Father Christmas at £200. Given my quantity MA may still be the best bet at least for some enhancement on £25? Then again don't count on it. His hand could have been forced at £25 which could have been accompanied by an outline plan for an enhanced settlement going forward. Probably would have cost him peanuts so why didn't he go for it or why didn't those voting "For' call his bluff?

A buyer purchased just one share for £200, yet you’ve ignored all the other transactions listed at lower prices.

One swallow doesn’t make a summer and, if you think that MA will base his valuation on a single transaction, you’ll be disappointed.

46 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You would have to ask them,  always presuming that clarity is ever given on the actual numbers, but don’t hold your breath…

1 hour ago, ncfcstar said:

In your talks with the girl Zoe has she intimated by how much they are going to increase the stadium capacity? I hope you have pointed out that the financial outlay will not be worth it unless they get the capacity up to at least 35,000 if they harbour ambitions of being in the EPL. It makes no sense at all spending money to increase the capacity by only 3,000 to 5,000.

The underlying issue is whether the club has any realistic chance of staying in the EPL for any sustained period in order to justify a new stand. 

It is ironic that supporters who are calling for ground improvements are the very same people who are holding the club back by keeping Delia in situ with all that that entails in terms lack of ambition on the pitch and running a player manufacturing business instead of a football club.