13 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

TBF, the administration of the NCFC Shareholders' Register is not beyond criticism.

Was Adam Drury really untraceable? Or Iwan Roberts?  

The main thrust of my point was that many of the 2003/04 squad purchased shares, something that doesn't appear to be widely known.

To be honest, the final sentence of my previous reply wasn’t aimed at you. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

The management of any database is fraught with potential issues, some down to the owner, others typically the result of external factors.

This of course doesn’t mean that they can’t be more proactive, as Adam Drury can usually be found in the Gunn Club and Iwan was in the press box last night! (Winks)

Edited by GMF
Typo

1 hour ago, GMF said:

I can’t emphasise this enough, despite what some may want to believe, this has nothing to do with D&M. 

So Delia and Michael didn’t want a 40/40 parity arrangement . Do you mind me asking how you know this ??

3 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

So Delia and Michael didn’t want a 40/40 parity arrangement . Do you mind me asking how you know this ??

I didn’t actually say that, although they are clearly agreeable to it.

Sure, I’ve been advised that was the proposal by several people within the Club. 

7 hours ago, Ren said:

Re point 5.  I am pretty sure that if you approached the club to purchase shares before MA appeared, the club were selling the unsold capital at £100 per share.  This was naughty as the club had a list of buyers who were prepaid to sell at £25 but of course the club would not have benefitted from that.  

It does indeed ask questions as to how we have suddenly arrived back at the price of £25 a share.   

Because Attanasio thinks he ought to get the club as cheaply as possible. Who are the club to say he shouldn't, given this is, for them, a once in a quarter century opportunity?

5 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Because Attanasio thinks he ought to get the club as cheaply as possible. Who are the club to say he shouldn't, given this is, for them, a once in a quarter century opportunity?

Maybe MA has a point in that he is bailing out the mortgaging of parachute receipts. At the same time though seeking interest on his loans in contrary to previous practice.

@Ren I don't believe the Club were selling at £100 per share recently but they did to some extent in 2014 and 2015 before Tom Smith bought the last allocation for £1.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, essex canary said:

Maybe MA has a point in that he is bailing out the mortgaging of parachute receipts. At the same time though seeking interest on his loans in contrary to previous practice.

@Ren I don't believe the Club were selling at £100 per share recently but they did to some extent in 2014 and 2015 before Tom Smith bought the last allocation for £1.

The last £100.00 allotment was back in 2014.

As for the £1.00 allotment, when are you going to let it go? Harking on about it isn’t going to alter it retrospectively, and, ultimately, does you no favours.

6 hours ago, GMF said:

The last £100.00 allotment was back in 2014.

As for the £1.00 allotment, when are you going to let it go? Harking on about it isn’t going to alter it retrospectively, and, ultimately, does you no favours.

Aside from the £1 issue the following are nonetheless relevant:

1. The proposals have not dealt with the issue of those who paid excess prices for shareholdings or who own excess holdings. The Independent Directors ought reasonably to have taken account of that in their Report even if it was before their time.

2. All board members should be responsible for ensuring that efforts to update the shareholder database are maximised especially when they actively want to use it.

3. Norfolk Group ought to demonstrate their commitment or otherwise to the Club's history and principles regarding shareholding.

4. Prior to the Canaries Trust the Club had a Shareholders Association that ought to actively tune in to these issues. Query whether the Trusts 'critical friend' role should extend to doing likewise? 

33 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Aside from the £1 issue the following are nonetheless relevant:

1. The proposals have not dealt with the issue of those who paid excess prices for shareholdings or who own excess holdings. The Independent Directors ought reasonably to have taken account of that in their Report even if it was before their time.

2. All board members should be responsible for ensuring that efforts to update the shareholder database are maximised especially when they actively want to use it.

3. Norfolk Group ought to demonstrate their commitment or otherwise to the Club's history and principles regarding shareholding.

4. Prior to the Canaries Trust the Club had a Shareholders Association that ought to actively tune in to these issues. Query whether the Trusts 'critical friend' role should extend to doing likewise? 

1. For the allotment of new shares, the club sets the price, but it’s down to potential buyers whether or not they want to accept the price. It’s exactly the same for subsequent transfers by existing shareholders. Beyond managing the transfer process, the club has no responsibility for the price.

2. Your comment implies that they aren’t doing so, although your assertion to support this is unclear.

3. Arguably this is a valid point. The moment of a new allotment probably isn’t the right time, but this would make sense in the near future.

4. I really can’t comment on the actions of the Shareholder Association. Aside from being aware of its existence, I don’t have any knowledge of them. Once the general meeting and AGM are done, I suspect there will be a meeting with the company secretary.  For the moment, I don’t have anything to say on this, but I suspect that there will be a few matters to discuss.

1 hour ago, GMF said:

1. For the allotment of new shares, the club sets the price, but it’s down to potential buyers whether or not they want to accept the price. It’s exactly the same for subsequent transfers by existing shareholders. Beyond managing the transfer process, the club has no responsibility for the price.

2. Your comment implies that they aren’t doing so, although your assertion to support this is unclear.

3. Arguably this is a valid point. The moment of a new allotment probably isn’t the right time, but this would make sense in the near future.

4. I really can’t comment on the actions of the Shareholder Association. Aside from being aware of its existence, I don’t have any knowledge of them. Once the general meeting and AGM are done, I suspect there will be a meeting with the company secretary.  For the moment, I don’t have anything to say on this, but I suspect that there will be a few matters to discuss.

Presumably once all this has been ratified we will hear more about the clubs future for all involved parties.

1 hour ago, GMF said:

4. I really can’t comment on the actions of the Shareholder Association. Aside from being aware of its existence, I don’t have any knowledge of them.

Didn't it cease to exist during the tenure of McNally ?

23 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Around that point, if I recall.

Most unusual for a group to be marginalised… (winks)

52 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I was never aware of its existence as such until discovering fairly recently that the apparent first Chairman of the AD group had previously been Chairman of the Shareholders Association. 

Just a belief that Non-Executive Directors should protect fans from CEO vandalism. They should also ensure the availability of the Shareholders Association in this instance as whilst pleasing to see that the Canaries Trust has made some good contributions, it's remit doesn't appear to be the same.

26 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Anybody a clue what ' CEO vandalism ' is ?

Constant Essex Overload?

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I was never aware of its existence as such until discovering fairly recently that the apparent first Chairman of the AD group had previously been Chairman of the Shareholders Association. 

Just a belief that Non-Executive Directors should protect fans from CEO vandalism. They should also ensure the availability of the Shareholders Association in this instance as whilst pleasing to see that the Canaries Trust has made some good contributions, it's remit doesn't appear to be the same.

Any chance we can have this in English please. 

3 hours ago, Soldier on said:

Presumably once all this has been ratified we will hear more about the clubs future for all involved parties.

You would hope so. 

12 minutes ago, Robert Ketts Yellow Army said:

Can someone summarise this thread in one paragraph please? 

American looking to invest in the club, taking a long while, Essex bloke unhappy with just about anything you could be unhappy about, you are welcome..............

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Robert Ketts Yellow Army said:

‘‘No one knows anything.’’

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Robert Ketts Yellow Army said:

There will be a full takeover but the most drawn out one in football history. 

23 minutes ago, Robert Ketts Yellow Army said:

“There’s still a chance Quagliarella could sign for us”

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

‘‘No one knows anything.’’

For £1.00 a share and I’ll tell you everything that’s wrong with NCFC… 

30 minutes ago, Robert Ketts Yellow Army said:

The inheritors aren’t happy, Tom’s still smiling, D&M won’t let go, Attanasio is doing his Nicholas Parsons impression, having bagged the Sale of the Century, but, apart from that, nothing to see here, please move on… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Anybody a clue what ' CEO vandalism ' is ?

I think someone wrote a rude name on the front of his maths book... 

35 minutes ago, GMF said:

The inheritors aren’t happy, Tom’s still smiling, D&M won’t let go, Attanasio is doing his Nicholas Parsons impression, having bagged the Sale of the Century, but, apart from that, nothing to see here, please move on… 

And Essex is unhappy that he might not make a fortune from his shares! 

Edited by Indy

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

And Essex is unhappy that he might not make a fortune from his shares! 

And Mark Attanasio aiming to satisfy his desire for share purchases at £1.00 a pop… 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

So you want the non executive directors to protect the fans from a CEO that we do not have ?

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So you want the non executive directors to protect the fans from a CEO that we do not have ?

I would have expected them to protect fans from him when he was here.

In a sense the same can be said about Stu with his comments about women's football and divorcees. 

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I would have expected them to protect fans from him when he was here.

In a sense the same can be said about Stu with his comments about women's football and divorcees. 

In the same sense this forum needs a moderator to protect posters from you.