Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Which 5 teams do you dislike the most?

Dislike Leeds, Palace, Watford, Bournemouth, West Ham and Cardiff.  Would probably dislike Sheffield United if I didn't live in Sheffield and go to the odd game on a freebie and Ipswich if I still lived in East Anglia and they were ... well ... better.

Dislike many fans of any of the big six teams for the most part.  I've married into a family of Evertonians so I should also say Liverpool but i do quite like watching them play.  Ditto Man City and peak Fergie Man United - you should hate them but they are / were just so good.  Have never warmed to Arsenal though.

On a continental note, I like enjoy watching most of the top Dutch sides and dislike Bayern and Real for obvious reasons as well as Juve for some of their murkier activities in the late 70s early 80s.

I like Brentford, Brighton, Coventry and Sunderland and have a historic soft spot for Forest because my dad used to play in the same youth team as Cloughie and I've read pretty much every book out there on him.  And Farsley Celtic because they were one of my Champ Manager saves and me and mate went to watch them play Oxford United for a laugh a few years ago at a ground that was worse than many i played on at school.  Bizarrely Carl Serrant (former England B international) was playing for them and we ended up having enough beers to make buying replica shirts (one home, one away) at half time for an exorbitant price that would make the Canary Club shop blush seem like a good idea.  Still sometimes wear it for 5-aside.

I also occasionally pop along to watch Hallam FC in non-league - the oldest football ground in the world and entry is a relative pittance.

Soft Spot 

Oxford (like the kits) - Real Madrid - Arsenal (after watching all or nothing) - Ajax - Lazio (Gazzetta Football Italia) 

Dislike Apart from the obvious

Coventry - Villa - Liverpool - Newcastle - Sheff Utd. - its not the players.....in most cases just a dislike for their supporters ! 

3 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Which 5 teams do you dislike the most?

And, excluding Norwich, which 5 teams do you have a soft spot for?

Don't you mean clubs? Players come and go, so who anyone disliked 5 years ago are likely as not no longer there.

Dislike Liverpool man City Nottingham forest Leeds inter Milan

Like kings lynn Tottenham hartlepool Cambridge United and FC Bourg Humbeek of Grimbergen.

Dislike: Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leeds, Rangers

Like: Shamrock Rovers, Ajax, Celtic, Bayern (not so much anymore, spent time in Munich), Athletic Bilbao

Dislike: Ipswich, Man Utd, Leeds, Celtic, Galatasary

Soft Spot: Swindon, Spurs, Wrexham, (HaHa), um, England, N.E Patriots 🤔 

4 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Why Rotherham?

I have Rotherham supporting friends and they always seem like a nice bunch of fans.It must be tempting if you live somewhere like that to support a bigger neighbour in this case Wednesday or United, but they stick with their team.

I suppose a lot of it is luck. Could easily have run into some knobheads and ended up with a different opinion.

1 hour ago, Kathy said:

I have Rotherham supporting friends and they always seem like a nice bunch of fans.It must be tempting if you live somewhere like that to support a bigger neighbour in this case Wednesday or United, but they stick with their team.

I suppose a lot of it is luck. Could easily have run into some knobheads and ended up with a different opinion.

Softspots : Newcastle,  Everton, Plymouth, Dortmund and Napoli

Dislikes: Scum, Dirty Leeds, Manure, Wolves and Sheff Utd

Hate: Real Madrid, Barcelona (both due to the ESP scandal), PSG and to a lesser extent any club bankrolled by dubious regimes. I do feel a little sorry for their fans though - clubs basically get turned into playthings and as much as I hate such clubs, I realise that they're still very much part of their communities and that's reason enough for me not to want them to go under.

Like: Energie Cottbus (lived near there for a year. very much fallen from their peak which was pretty much when I was there in 2000-1),

Rosenborg BK (loved their spell when Nils Arne Eggen was there first with some wonderful runs in Europe for a Norwegian team), 

IFK Mariehamn (wandered into their stadium in 2017, and ended up chatting with their Director of Football. Who even got me an IFK Mariehamn shirt with my name on the back - and there's part of me that loves the idea of an underdog team, magnified in Mariehamn's case by all being Swedish speakers in Finland on a remote group of islands off the coast, pulling out the Finnish title in 2016). 

Edited by TheGunnShow
Better to split that second part up.
  • Like 1

Hate: Ipswich (obs); Liverpool; Man Utd; Chelsea; Arsenal. Can I go for 6 and add Spurs? All entitled fanbases who are largely morons.

Like: Hamilton Academicals; Hartlepool; Chesham United; Blackpool; Plymouth. Largely unheralded underdogs with proper fans.

Dislike

That lot, Everton, Liverpool, Newcastle, and the fifth one is whoever we are playing against on any given day.

Err I support Norwich so no one else.

20 hours ago, Kathy said:

I live in Rotherham. Walking about, in terms of replica shirts Rotherham is by far the most common one to see. As you say, you might think no sh*t Sherlock, but there are other options. Never see Barnsley, occsional Wednedsday shirt. Quite a few Sheff Utd shirts.

When I was a lad growing up in Burton it was either Man Utd, Villa or Derby. Burton were in the Beazer Homes 2nd division back then though, so things may well have changed.