Sign in to follow this  
YellowCanary

P.N.E.

Six goalless draws plus four 1-0 s in twelve matches with the other two matches featuring only 2 goals. If they are looking for a new manager perhaps Chris Hughton would improve the entertainment value?

• Haha 1

If our fall from the PL was due to our not giving it a go, what is the cause of WBAs fall from the PL and their now slide in the Championship ? Did they give it too much of a go, and are now shagged out ? Looking at the table there does seem a fair few who others, are we to suppose, didn't give a go either, hence their being out of the PL. Rum ole game, if you ask me.

Edited by PockthorpePete

Their fans are unhappy and seem to think that their manager has little choice but to effectively play 6 defenders and 2 DMs because they don't have any wingers. Some are calling for him to be sacked for boring them to death. 

10 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

We (as in the fans as well as the team) have to be prepared to be patient on Sat

Depends on the performance. If we're trying to be positive and looking to create chances, then yes. 

Patience is needed, sure. More than anything, speed and precision in possession will be key. Width would be nice as well.

The brave call here would be to put McLean at left-back. Byram's not really likely to get up, and if you're up against a very organised, but very defensive team then they have to be stretched to create more gaps. Giannoulis and Aarons bombing on would be ideal, but it's not an option, obviously.

A willingness to chance an arm and crack one from outside the box isn't bad either. Make them think about having to come out on occasion.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Patience is needed, sure. More than anything, speed and precision in possession will be key. Width would be nice as well.

The brave call here would be to put McLean at left-back. Byram's not really likely to get up, and if you're up against a very organised, but very defensive team then they have to be stretched to create more gaps. Giannoulis and Aarons bombing on would be ideal, but it's not an option, obviously.

A willingness to chance an arm and crack one from outside the box isn't bad either. Make them think about having to come out on occasion.

You don't normally beat packed defences by going up the middle. SO I think we ought to be looking for width against them. Onel doesn't seem to dominate from the start. Whether that is because we often seem better paced in the 2nd half or that the opposition are ready for him I don't know.

Our best provider from width is Max. But with Sarge in front of him, he isn't performing as he could. And with every other wide player out on loan, we are desperately short of wide players.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

You don't normally beat packed defences by going up the middle. SO I think we ought to be looking for width against them. Onel doesn't seem to dominate from the start. Whether that is because we often seem better paced in the 2nd half or that the opposition are ready for him I don't know.

Our best provider from width is Max. But with Sarge in front of him, he isn't performing as he could. And with every other wide player out on loan, we are desperately short of wide players.

Agreed, which is why I suggested a brave move would be to get McLean in at left-back - he'll probably go up more than Byram and widen the pitch when we're in possession.

Onel's the obvious 60-min sub when they're fatigued.

6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Their fans are unhappy and seem to think that their manager has little choice but to effectively play 6 defenders and 2 DMs because they don't have any wingers. Some are calling for him to be sacked for boring them to death. 

It’s funny how other people see them,admittedly only seen v West Brom I thought they were quite watchable,no more boring than us at mo with a good young English manager 

Something feels like it has to give and I just have this strong feeling that we will see goals this Saturday. No idea why, just an intuition I suppose.

On paper we have struggled to break down teams and also not had enough shots or chances recently. You'd think with Preston's defence and incredible defensive record that they're going to make it so tough for us Saturday. On paper therefore, it feels like it might be a very low scoring match. Interesting to see if we get something much different. 

I can see us doing something inept in the first 10 and having to endure 80 minutes of amateur dramatics, spot the ball and watching the goalie point at his mates before he takes a run up.

It's going to be wba all over again.

I'll bring a pillow 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Something feels like it has to give and I just have this strong feeling that we will see goals this Saturday. No idea why, just an intuition I suppose.

On paper we have struggled to break down teams and also not had enough shots or chances recently. You'd think with Preston's defence and incredible defensive record that they're going to make it so tough for us Saturday. On paper therefore, it feels like it might be a very low scoring match. Interesting to see if we get something much different. 

First goal wins it. 

But we are in the fortunate position of having 3 or 4 players who can win a game on their own at this level. 

I think we’ll blitz them, they are solid but very unspectacular. Some team are going to get a thrashing off us soon enough, probably on Saturday.