Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Almost 70 percent possession and over 700 passes..

Not far into the Championship season at all but I would wager these two are probably some kind of record. Guess as much as we can say that we need to work on getting the ball into the net can we at least give the team and set up some credit for this? Very impressive stats, and almost 90 percent pass accuracy too much as I will say it felt much lower than that!

stats.png

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I will say it felt much lower than that!

Maybe the stream / TV coverage didnt show them all thus skewing your figures!   

I'm sure we probably achieved similar stats under Farke in our second promotion. There must have been a fair few games where the opposition barely touched the ball, hard to remember who the opposition were given we weren't allowed in the stands!

Would be interested to see what the stats for each half were, as the 2nd half they were down to 10 men for most of it, so would likely be 10 men behind ball and just break (like their goal)

I’m pleased with the number of fouls given the relative possession, about time they got stuck into other teams was good to see and Goss commented on it positively as well, bit of fight, passion and game management on display.

Edited by Monty13

29 minutes ago, wr4sb said:

Would be interested to see what the stats for each half were, as the 2nd half they were down to 10 men for most of it, so would likely be 10 men behind ball and just break (like their goal)

Don't have the passing stats for each half.

Screenshot_20220817-154237_Flashscore.jpg

Screenshot_20220817-154218_Flashscore.jpg

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

I’m pleased with the number of fouls given the relative possession, about time they got stuck into other teams was good to see and Goss commented on it positively as well, bit of fight, passion and game management on display.

Agree with this, one of the reasons Man City give so little away on the break is that they're the best at fouling teams before they get the chance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wr4sb said:

1st half we made 394 passes, 325 in the 2nd to a total of 719. Converse, Huddersfield made 202 in the 1st and 150 in the 2nd

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yet some have claimed elsewhere we were playing long ball to Sargent.

Yes, bizarrely.

While these are undoubtedly great statistics which highlight the merits of what Smith is trying to do, it also highlights the continuing flaws. We still need a lot of chances to score, and our opponents seem to score with relatively few chances. Even against 10 men we leave gaping holes for teams to exploit. 

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

While these are undoubtedly great statistics which highlight the merits of what Smith is trying to do, it also highlights the continuing flaws. We still need a lot of chances to score, and our opponents seem to score with relatively few chances. Even against 10 men we leave gaping holes for teams to exploit. 

But to be fair the main signing to protect the defence, Hayden, isn’t fit yet, and of the two players who might have played there instead, Sorensen is injured and McLean was having to fill in at left-back.

@Petriix @PurpleCanary

To repost from Riccardo’s match report:

Posted 22 hours ago

Think may be overlooked how important and effective Gibbs role was tonight.

We looked a far better structured unit with that role being played.

Amazing to me we went a whole premier season without it. Extraordinary really. Tactically so fundamental to so many things.

Parma

20 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

@Petriix @PurpleCanary

To repost from Riccardo’s match report:

Posted 22 hours ago

Think may be overlooked how important and effective Gibbs role was tonight.

We looked a far better structured unit with that role being played.

Amazing to me we went a whole premier season without it. Extraordinary really. Tactically so fundamental to so many things.

Parma

Now all we need is a reasonably disciplined number 8 beside him, then we can accommodate a creative number 10...