Sinani was excellent the other night, particularly when Max had to come on. So I think it’s incredibly harsh for him not to start. 

Nunez also looked class particularly when he turned and took on 3 players driving the ball forwards. So he has to start as well.

So I would have McLean Sinani and Nunez starting. Sara will take a bit more time, but he needs to sort his shin pads out which he was picking up every 2 minutes against Birmingham 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommo said:

Sinani was excellent the other night, particularly when Max had to come on. So I think it’s incredibly harsh for him not to start. 

Nunez also looked class particularly when he turned and took on 3 players driving the ball forwards. So he has to start as well.

So I would have McLean Sinani and Nunez starting. Sara will take a bit more time, but he needs to sort his shin pads out which he was picking up every 2 minutes against Birmingham 

I wonder if that shows Sara was really nervous and forgot to tape them up before he left the dressing room. Needs a bit more time.

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Sorenson

Sara   McLean

Sinani        Cantwell       Rashica

Pukki

Gunn Omabamidele Nunez Dowell Hernandez Sargent Hugill

With 5 subs being able to be used , there can be no excuse for Smith to not force a win

If come 5 oclock tomorrow he hasnt won any of these first 3 fixtures , he's out for me. Nothing but back to back wins and 6 pts vs Huddrsfield/Millwall can or should save him

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I wonder if that shows Sara was really nervous and forgot to tape them up before he left the dressing room. Needs a bit more time.

Possibly so. He is clearly desperate to impress but will need a bit more time. Hull away isn’t one for me that he should be starting but Nunez looks like he is hitting the ground running rather nicely 

• Like 1

If Hayden was fit or if we had another suitable holding midfielder I would play McLean at LB but we don't so....

GK  Krul

LCB  Sorensen

CB  Hanley

RCB  Omobamidele 

LWB  Hernandez 

RWB  Aarons

CM  McLean

CM  Nunez

AM  Cantwell

ST  Hugill

ST  Pukki

Subs:  Gunn, Gibson, Gibbs, Sara, Dowell, Rashica, Sargent, 

15 hours ago, Indy said:

I’m with you CP, Gibbs is a very rare gem who will only get better with game time! He deserves to start. I’d like to see Sara for McLean but McLean is a Smith shore bet to start every game he’s available for!

Well I hope none of our players are on the beach already (perhaps this is what people mean when they say Kenny goes missing! 🙂)

Think Gibbs as a starter is a decent shout, assuming Sørensen fills in at left back.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Buendia Than Barnby said:

Well I hope none of our players are on the beach already (perhaps this is what people mean when they say Kenny goes missing! 🙂)

Think Gibbs as a starter is a decent shout, assuming Sørensen fills in at left back.

I must admit I use my iPad for this forum, it auto corrects to words I most use and I hardly ever notice! Sure indeed…..😉💚💛

• Like 1

Gunn

Aarons, Hanley, Omobamidele, Sørensen

Sara, Gibbs

Sinani, Nunez, Cantwell

Pukki

Sinani and Gibbs in for Reward of good performance the other night 

Rashcia Sargent Mclean all had a chance time for others to claim the shirt !! 

• Like 1

Gibbs is the one I am keeping an eye on. Probably proving why Man Utd were in for him before we swooped. I think it will be 

Krul

Aarons Omabamidele Hanley Sorensen

McLean Gibbs

Sinani Nunez Cantwell 

Pukki

Bench

Gunn Sara Dowell Gibson Hugill Hernandez Rashica

2 hours ago, Indy said:

I must admit I use my iPad for this forum, it auto corrects to words I most use and I hardly ever notice! Sure indeed…..😉💚💛

Damn autoincorrect (half-expected mine to change that to autocorrect, but to its credit it appears to be self-aware!)

17 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think the training video showed the difference in character between our 2 South Americans. Nunez seemed more outgoing & self-confident compared to Sara.

19 hours ago, Mark .Y. said:

That's an interesting twist, play 12  🙂

Apparently when Terry Venables was appointed England boss he showed his wife his planned teamsheet for the first game. She said, that looks good, love, but I don't think you're allowed 12 players. So it happens to the best of us, @Yellow Shirt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Krul

Aarons

Hanley

Omobamideli 

Sorensen

Gibbs

McLean

Nunez

Rashica

Pukki

Cantwell

I think Kenny will add experience to the midfield plus he's our only fit left footer (assuming Gibbo and Sinani won't start).

Yup, pretty sure this will be the team. Sara only managed 60-odd minutes in the week, don't think he's quite there yet.  Ditto Dowell. Can see the evidence for Sinani over Rashica, but I think Milot gives us something different - hopefully Cantwell and Núñez give us enough creativity to add to Rashica's directness.