Sign in to follow this  
kenfoggo

Birmingham Tuesday (at home).

28 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Looks like there's no stream on TV for this one. No international coverage. Audio passes for radio norfolk commentary available on club site for £2.50

So annoying. 

I've got precisely no sympathy for any club complaining about streaming piracy, when it's 2022 and there's no legitimate streaming option for people who live hours away for a Tuesday evening game.

23 hours ago, kenfoggo said:

I am hoping that both teams will be taking this fixture seriously and so put out their strongest sides 

One problem with that, our manager doesn't know what his strongest side is. 

Personally I hope to see either Idah or Hugill up front, and stating their case for a place in the side.

1 minute ago, Orly said:

So annoying. 

I've got precisely no sympathy for any club complaining about streaming piracy, when it's 2022 and there's no legitimate streaming option for people who live hours away for a Tuesday evening game.

Sky Sports News sometimes show the goals as they go in, not sure about tonight.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Personally I hope to see either Idah or Hugill up front, and stating their case for a place in the side.

Yeah I'd love to see Idah or hugill as well, I think deano will rest pukki😃

20 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

That's assuming any goals actually go in 🤪

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

That's assuming any goals actually go in 🤪

If we're starting Adam Idah tonite , then probably not🤔

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Be nice to see Ruddy again today

You going to be there? 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I believe this is at our discretion when it comes to cup games. But I hope he can't play as you just know he'd f*cking score.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-birmingham-dean-smith-injuries-team-news-9196034

City loanee Przemyslaw Placheta scored the winner at the weekend in a 2-1 home victory over Huddersfield but the Pole is ineligible to face his parent club. 

Sounds like we'll field a strong side, certainly from our 18 man core squad. Max is available, he's a tough little ****, but I wouldn't be disapointed if he's rested.

I wouldn't expect Pukki to play but there's a strong argument for getting other players to gel with him so who knows!

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Along came Norwich..?

298265639_7863475857058987_7676882525324

A come along moment is when a club is losing against others and then get a result against you.  That stat is about us already, maybe "Along came Smith" would fit though? 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orly said:

So annoying. 

More to the point the proceeds could have gone to the CSF. I guess there must be TV rights out there stopping us showing the game? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Doesn't know what his strongest side is YET.

Tonight gives some players like Hernandez, Sinani, Gill, Hugill, Gunn a chance to stake their claims plus give Sara some minutes.

Give that young CB a go

Will be interesting

Not sure how the defence  will line up as we seem to be a bit short on fit full backs and Centre backs right now, maybe Hanley if he's still going to be suspended for Saturday?

What sort of lineups are we expecting?

Gunn
Tomkinson - Hanley - Gibson - McCallum
Ramsey - McLean - Sara
Sargent - Hugil - Hernandez

I'm thinking Omobamodele and Aarons will  be rested. McLean to be given a chance to make the holding position his after Sorensen's less than impressive start to the season. Sinani for one of the wings maybe but we should be pretty strong.

27 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Gunn
Ramsey - McLean - Sara

I'm thinking Omobamodele and Aarons will  be rested. McLean to be given a chance to make the holding position his after Sorensen's less than impressive start to the season. Sinani for one of the wings maybe but we should be pretty strong.

Another chance for Hugill to get a goal or two.. Not that it matters as I'm sure Smith will still sub on Sargent rather than him anyways

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Goals?  For us?  That's a bold assumption. 😉

41 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Gunn
Ramsey - McLean - Sara

While I agree about McLean, I do wonder whether Sorensen just needs a few games to get up to speed, we’ve seen it make a difference with many players.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

While I agree about McLean, I do wonder whether Sorensen just needs a few games to get up to speed, we’ve seen it make a difference with many players.

Whilst sharpness will come with games I just don't see him as a Dean Smith ball winner. I think Smith wants a physical player that will snap in with challenges and cover lots of ground. Sorensen is more of a technical player and he's not even standout at that side of the game. 

I think he's best suited to being a ball playing CB in a less physical league.

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Gunn
Ramsey - McLean - Sara

Gibbs will start surely?

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Gibbs will start surely?

Depends on how we view him and the game really, thought he looked okay in pre season but nothing special. I think we probably need the game to build familiarity with players that are actually going to get Championship games. Considering we've already signed 4 midfielders including a youngster on loan I'd be surprised if Gibbs was really being considered.

Dowell I'd honestly forgotten about.

With Dimi out for awhile, could drop Lungi into that position as he has played there before and keep McCallum fresh for the weekend. Would love to see Jordan get a start up front, he did nothing wrong in pre season and gives him a chance to remind Deano hes still good enough to hassle Champs teams and even get a goal or two.