Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

England v Sweden

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

4th goal would be saved by any GK in top four divisions- entertaining stuff though.

Why does the women's game need to continually be compared with men's (if that is what you're inferring, as you don't actually say so). As you say, its entertaining, so just give it a rest (EVERYONE) and enjoy.

And did you not see Almunia and Gomes play?

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

Why does the women's game need to continually be compared with men's (if that is what you're inferring, as you don't actually say so). As you say, its entertaining, so just give it a rest (EVERYONE) and enjoy.

Touchy! I guess the answer is that we are used to watching the men’s game so comparisons are inevitable. Bottom line is that three of the four goals should have been saved by any half competent GK- no idea what that standard is in womens game not having watched much of it. 

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

4th goal would be saved by any GK in top four divisions- entertaining stuff though.

Any female GK would have saved the one Rob Green let in v USA in the 2010 World Cup. You got a point?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Touchy! I guess the answer is that we are used to watching the men’s game so comparisons are inevitable. Bottom line is that three of the four goals should have been saved by any half competent GK- no idea what that standard is in womens game not having watched much of it. 

It was conceded because of poor positioning by the keeper, this happens in the mens game too, David Seaman v Brasil in 2002?

• Like 1

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Women demand equality and parity with men so comparing the low standard of what the female game offers is perfectly legitimate.

Chalk and cheese. So how about a bit of honesty and reality instead of simply parroting the hype.

Well done England Ladies and well deserved.

You can't  compare it with the mens game but neither should you. It is sufficient in and of itself.

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Women demand equality and parity with men so comparing the low standard of what the female game offers is perfectly legitimate.

Chalk and cheese. So how about a bit of honesty and reality instead of simply parroting the hype.

Binner.

• Haha 1

Yes actually I am when i can't watch or read about a women's football match without some mention of how it compares to the men's game. Russo has scored 2 goals in this tournament alone that all professional men's players would be proud of (and plenty can only dream of scoring.) There are plenty of awful GKs in the men's game who have made worse mistakes than those tonight.

Don't use 'we' to in anyway group me in with you. Yes I'm more used to watching men's football but that doesn't mean I watch women's constantly thinking about how it compares. I enjoy it for what it is, a highly skilled, exciting, fast paced entertaining sport. Its actually more free flowing than men's football as there's less cheating and histrionics. Its been a pleasant change - why not talk about that in your comparisons if you must.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You can't  compare it with the mens game but neither should you. It is sufficient in and of itself.

No you can't. 

It's not fair on the men.

• Haha 1

The Lionesses showed real intensity and desire in this game tonight (and in the Spain game), I’d love to see that in the mens team instead on the insipid ‘must not lose’ attitude under Southgate.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Yes actually I am when i can't watch or read about a women's football match without some mention of how it compares to the men's game. Russo has scored 2 goals in this tournament alone that all professional men's players would be proud of (and plenty can only dream of scoring.) There are plenty of awful GKs in the men's game who have made worse mistakes than those tonight.

Don't use 'we' to in anyway group me in with you. Yes I'm more used to watching men's football but that doesn't mean I watch women's constantly thinking about how it compares. I enjoy it for what it is, a highly skilled, exciting, fast paced entertaining sport. Its actually more free flowing than men's football as there's less cheating and histrionics. Its been a pleasant change - why not talk about that in your comparisons if you must.

Ooh really really touchy! And for no reason really. But I guess virtue signallers gotta virtue signal…

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

This is a really poor comment from someone supposedly held in such high regard on this board. The insinuation it's significantly inferior to men's football it can't be compared? 'Sufficient'? Sorry, but **** off.

Anyway, enough. I'm off to enjoy the post match.

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

If any of these bUt ThE gOaLiEs ArE ****, wOuLdN't HaPpEn In ThE mEn'S gAmE weirdos watched their kids in a grassroots game, do you reckon they'd be moaning that they can't kick it as far as professional men?!

Not that we need to worry about that scenario. You need to have sex to have kids.

Great game to watch, weathered an early storm and played some very good football, deserved the win and the scoreline.

6 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Its actually more free flowing than men's football as there's less cheating and histrionics.

This ^^

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

👏 well done all those who want to show they are better human beings than comparison makers. Imagine being one of those…the horror!! 

Well done all those who nail their colours to the mast of ‘being a t w @ t’ enjoy..

Edited by Rivvo

👏 well done all those who want to show they are better human beings than comparison makers. Imagine being one of those…the horror!! 

Thanks. And well done to all those who want to show us all they're virgins. It's not that embarrassing. 

5 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Great game to watch, weathered an early storm and played some very good football, deserved the win and the scoreline.

👍

Turned on for second half and fully enjoyed it. England played well, plenty of quality pressing,scored a worldie and got into the final easily. Well done ladies.

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

The insinuation it's significantly inferior to men's football 

You said it.

I enjoyed it for what it was just as I enjoy watching my grandsons under 15's on a Sunday. Neither pretend to be Premiership footballers but why should they.

7 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Well done all those who nail their colours to the mast of ‘being a t w @ t’ enjoy..

I shall hang my head in shame as you thank the Lord that you are not an inferior person because you hold *all* the right views. Take pity on the rest of us mere mortals 

Just now, ricardo said:

You said it.

I enjoyed it for what it was just as I enjoy watching my grandsons under 15's on a Sunday. Neither pretend to be Premiership footballers but why should they.

No, you're right, they shouldn't. Because if they pretended to be Premier League footballers it would be less entertaining and enjoyable than this tournament has been.

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Thanks. And well done to all those who want to show us all they're virgins. It's not that embarrassing. 

Eh? You lost me there. Was it an attempt at humour or are you seriously suggesting that, because I compared the standard of the Swedish GK with male counterparts, I cannot possibly have had sexual intercourse? 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I shall hang my head in shame as you thank the Lord that you are not an inferior person because you hold *all* the right views. Take pity on the rest of us mere mortals 

I just enjoy it for what it is, you felt the need to post  on this clearly labelled thread saying only virtue signallers enjoyed the game, Ricardo a virtue signaller, who would have thunk it?

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Eh? You lost me there. Was it an attempt at humour or are you seriously suggesting that, because I compared the standard of the Swedish GK with male counterparts, I cannot possibly have had sexual intercourse? 

It's not the only reason.

• Haha 1