Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Heatwave..

13 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

The BBC news output has slowly but surely turned from being an actual news outlet to being more of a magazine type programme akin to Lorraine  or the One Show.

… and apparently “The One Show” is a “staple” of “British” TV viewing.

No it’s not, it’s trash TV and like “You’ve Been Framed”, well overstayed its welcome. Only watched it with interest when Ben Fogle visited Sealand, a rusty platform off the North Sea in which its owner self-declares their own land. Every other time I’ve caught it, they talk typical magazine gossip with celebs tripe.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

The BBC news output has slowly but surely turned from being an actual news outlet to being more of a magazine type programme akin to Lorraine  or the One Show.

…. and last nights programme….. Huw Edwards had on his video wall a collage of his “colleagues” from various regions, before he said he would hand over to them “wherever you are”.

Mine and the better half’s friends from Brighton told us, their BBC South East Today presenter immediately sucked up and went “Thanks Huw!… in the South East!…”, only for them to switch off as it went to a video of a beach talking about the latest news craze. They hate living down there and think their local news anchors are semi-pros who will never make it to mainstream TV, they go on as if the South East is something great, yet all along it’s to blame for Delta Kent Variant Covid.

They said to us that the presentation was typical magazine-like. Which is the BBC for you anyways.

Don’t even get me started on Eastenders and that actor who plays Ben, always getting violent and repeating lines like “YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE ME!”. The better half…. well I love her loads although she always watches Eastenders, but as soon as that show ends and the BBC and their licence fee goes, this country will be a much better place to live in as well as our relationship. 

They were purely negative during Covid ruining everyone’s mental health, day in day out, now they even shoehorn negative Brexit opinions in their show’s scripts when characters argue. What next?, heatwaves!?.

Edited by KernowCanary
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

…. and last nights programme….. Huw Edwards had on his video wall a collage of his “colleagues” from various regions, before he said he would hand over to them “wherever you are”.

Mine and the better half’s friends from Brighton told us, their BBC South East Today presenter immediately sucked up and went “Thanks Huw!… in the South East!…”, only for them to switch off as it went to a video of a beach talking about the latest news craze. They hate living down there and think their local news anchors are semi-pros who will never make it to mainstream TV, they go on as if the South East is something great, yet all along it’s to blame for Delta Kent Variant Covid.

They said to us that the presentation was typical magazine-like. Which is the BBC for you anyways.

Don’t even get me started on Eastenders and that actor who plays Ben, always getting violent and repeating lines like “YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE ME!”. The better half…. well I love her loads although she always watches Eastenders, but as soon as that show ends and the BBC and their licence fee goes, this country will be a much better place to live in as well as our relationship. 

They were purely negative during Covid ruining everyone’s mental health, day in day out, now they even shoehorn negative Brexit opinions in their show’s scripts when characters argue. What next?, heatwaves!?.

Good rant 👍

9 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

From that detailed review it seems I made the right decision to not have a TV in the house!

13 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

Tl;dr - the BBC have made some programmes I don’t like! Wah!

Just looking at Michael Fabricant now on the morning TV news and I'm wondering if it came off during those two shocking days of heat😅

👴?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sonyc said:

Just looking at Michael Fabricant now on the morning TV news and I'm wondering if it came off during those two shocking days of heat😅

👴?

As long as he is making sure that whatever it is clinging to his scalp he is making sure it is well hydrated.

• Haha 1

Nevermind, if it comes to the worst we can always drink and paddle around in our own sewage...oh wait, we already are... 💩🇬🇧 😂

Apples

• Like 1

I should be too old to be shocked, but I did find this a horrific wake up call. As the title says, it is a long read, so to summarise, two retired men have exposed completely supine regulation by the Environment Agency who have allowed the water companies to continue to pump untreated sewage (AKA sh1t) into rivers without justification (other than increased profit). If it wasn’t for their ability to collate and analyse data, the power of freedom of information requests and sheer tenacity no one would know.

This is the country of reduced regulation and small government the two contenders for the Tory leadership are actively promoting.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/aug/04/sewage-sleuths-river-pollution-slow-dirty-death-of-welsh-and-english-rivers?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Like 1

I'm suffering more this week due to the mugginess of the air more than the heatwave of the last two weeks. I hate humidity, just end up sweating all day and have to take multiple showers or dips in the ocean to cool off. The 2 weeks before this one I was fine, really enjoyed it but this week has been horrific.