1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Well this is the problem with limited game time.  But when someone claims one of our better passers of the ball is 'limited' what else can you throw at them to objectively show they're wrong in that judgement?

Aligning Sorensen to Sargent is totally different because Josh has had a continuous run in the team.  And I'm not getting into a "He's limited", "No he's not" to and fro - as it's pointless.

If anything goes against Sorensen at defensive mid is his lack of physicality/bite.  That's why we're looking at more blood and thunder players like Normann and Hayden as a preference.

Anyone who's watched Jacob can see his number one assets are composure and passing ability, surely?!  Or have I lost the plot!? 🙂

I’m not sure we can objectively say much at all about him purely down to lack of evidence to support. Subjectively some will see Sorensen as an expansive passer, others will see his lack of evidence and lack of game time as evidence in itself to the contrary. In truth there isn’t a truly objective view available yet. As I said, I’d love him to be the answer and I do like Sorensen, more just playing devils advocate. I can’t shift the feeling that not having Hayden fit is a blow to us potentially this season and I ultimately have to conclude that’s because I don’t see Sorensen filling that role as well as I feel it needs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

In truth there isn’t a truly objective view available yet

Then this is a subjective argument.  So do we now just repeat a pattern whereby I disagree that he's of limited passing ability and @kirku tells me he is?

I've made my point clear and supplied examples to support an opinion.  As said before, not interested in playground back and fourths like many are here.  Discussion over for me.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’m not sure we can objectively say much at all about him purely down to lack of evidence to support. Subjectively some will see Sorensen as an expansive passer, others will see his lack of evidence and lack of game time as evidence in itself to the contrary. In truth there isn’t a truly objective view available yet. As I said, I’d love him to be the answer and I do like Sorensen, more just playing devils advocate. I can’t shift the feeling that not having Hayden fit is a blow to us potentially this season and I ultimately have to conclude that’s because I don’t see Sorensen filling that role as well as I feel it needs. 

Completely agree.

Objectively, we can only say that he's had extremely limited game time in his natural position, has never been first choice for two different management teams, and each year we've brought in loans from PL clubs to play in his position.

And there's probably a reason for that.

As I previously said, it's like Cody McDonald all over again. The less he plays, the better he gets. Somehow.

Edited by kirku
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Then this is a subjective argument.  So do we now just repeat a pattern whereby I disagree that he's of limited passing ability and @kirku tells me he is?

I've made my point clear and supplied examples to support an opinion.  As said before, not interested in playground back and fourths like many are here.  Discussion over for me.

1) "You haven't a scooby what you're talking about"

2) "As said before, not interested in playground back and fourths like many on here. Discussion over for me."

Classic

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Silky skills.

Indeed! What a shame that some posters on here would rather throw abuse at him and hope he fails rather than see him perform like we know he can.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Indeed! What a shame that some posters on here would rather throw abuse at him and hope he fails rather than see him perform like we know he can.

That is the sad state of social media. Wildly inadequate individuals venting their spleen against successful people who have achieved some degree of high profile.

I have little doubt that footballers are constantly reminded of this from within the club. In Todd's case Neil Adams has had the responsibility of easing him back into the fray, but it must be hard to ignore the targetting on social media. Todd seems to be doing fine so far.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Silky skills.

Todd Cantwell is back!

Good signs, but he has a lot to prove still imo.  When he plays well in a competitive match and does it the following match and the following match to that and keeps that going over a season will I think he is "back".  Lots has been said about him, good and bad over the last two or three years, but show boating in a friendly is not showing anything other than that he has ability as a flair player - but that flair has to be there consistently all the time once the season starts, because without the flair, he is quite ordinary. I sincerely hope he can find his best form though if he is staying with us, because another season of "is he, isn't he" stuff and the distraction that causes, will be tedious to say the least.

It’s great to see him with good skills and showing a positive attitude again. I think last season most of us (including me) wanted him out this summer as he only has one year left now. However, I’m now happy for him to stay provided he signs a new contract as the last thing we want is for him to make a great performance in the Championship this season and then go for nothing next summer

He’s looking good but if he’s staying he needs to sign a new deal, I still get the feeling we may see him depart before the end of the window if not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

He’s looking good but if he’s staying he needs to sign a new deal, I still get the feeling we may see him depart before the end of the window if not.

If we are still looking to get rid I’m not sure why he would’ve seen him play so much pre season or even feature so heavily in club videos.

Guess it may be just putting him in the shop window but it’sa bit risky as you’re trying to establish your side and style like I think smith is.

Maybe he is getting that one last chance especially as smith was interested in signing him for villa.

i fully agree it would be good to see him sign a new contract. If we do give him yet another chance then he should repay us by signing