Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Reasons why any investors would think we are a good prospect

The main one is that they don't have to spend a huge amount to get the squad up to scratch for next season. It is already in quite good shape, with youngsters coming through with loads of potential, mixed with experience. 

Krul/Gunn/Barden/McGovern

Byram/Mumba/Aarons      Hanley/Omo/Gibson/Zimbo/Tompkinson    Gianoulis/Mumba

Sorensen  McLean

Cantwell/Placheta/Tzolis/Onel/PLM/Rowe/Springett/Rashica

Sargent/Idah/Pukki/Hugill

Even if we sell one or two, the rest of the squad is strong - and we will undoubtedly be able to buy one or two (a DM or two would be useful) with the proceeds of any sales, so a huge outlay to buy players is not needed.

Secondly we are so well supported and a one club county.

Then we have a stadium that has development potential without needing to spend massively to build a new one somewhere else. 

Fourthly - we are already viable and run on a sustainable level, meaning no outstanding debt to cover so any money invested would be of positive value. 

In short, we are exactly what any ethically minded investor would want.

I'm sure there are other good reasons? 

I would think Aarons will be gone, poor old Zimbo is somewhat injury prone, Cantwell is a liability,Tzolis looks to be on his way to Belguim if stories are to be believed, Placheta is a headless chicken with zilch end product and Hugill is not in my book an option to fire goals but apart from that....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The main one is that they don't have to spend a huge amount to get the squad up to scratch for next season. It is already in quite good shape, with youngsters coming through with loads of potential, mixed with experience. 

Krul/Gunn/Barden/McGovern

Byram/Mumba/Aarons      Hanley/Omo/Gibson/Zimbo/Tompkinson    Gianoulis/Mumba

Sorensen  McLean

Cantwell/Placheta/Tzolis/Onel/PLM/Rowe/Springett/Rashica

Sargent/Idah/Pukki/Hugill

Even if we sell one or two, the rest of the squad is strong - and we will undoubtedly be able to buy one or two (a DM or two would be useful) with the proceeds of any sales, so a huge outlay to buy players is not needed.

Secondly we are so well supported and a one club county.

Then we have a stadium that has development potential without needing to spend massively to build a new one somewhere else. 

Fourthly - we are already viable and run on a sustainable level, meaning no outstanding debt to cover so any money invested would be of positive value. 

In short, we are exactly what any ethically minded investor would want.

I'm sure there are other good reasons? 

I seem to remember you stating that because we weren't a port no-one would want to touch us.

Strange you didn't mention any of your above points in mitigation at the time.

Maybe Mark Attanasio doesn't like ships. Or water. Or maybe he doesn't worry about such irrelevant matters when he's trying to invest in a football club and not a synchronised swimming team.

OTBC

• Haha 2

Debt free.

Training facility set to be top 10 in the country (apparently).

Category 1 Academy with proven record of getting players into the first team and selling for big money. the 1 club county/next door's county being **** poor probably helps too in this regard.

Will always sell out season tickets.

Always in with a good shout at challenging to be in the Premier League or in it.

It's obvious why an invester would be interested. We're more than capable of being a Premier League club with some stability like a Brighton with some sensible investment. Then you're selling the club for 4 or 5 times what you paid.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I seem to remember you stating that because we weren't a port no-one would want to touch us.

Strange you didn't mention any of your above points in mitigation at the time.

Maybe Mark Attanasio doesn't like ships. Or water. Or maybe he doesn't worry about such irrelevant matters when he's trying to invest in a football club and not a synchronised swimming team.

OTBC

Yes, but all of these points have been made in general to those who argue that 'the club's a joke' all of this time. Truth is Norwich is out on a limb, Premier League players have openly said they hate making the trip to Norwich because it's out on a limb, but we find ourselves with a serious potential investor on our hands, which underscores how well the club has done to make the club an attractive prospect for investment in spite of that. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I doubt the prospective owners/investors know absolutely anything about our squad.

The main reason is we are debt free (at the moment) so in theory it's easier to make a return. 

Hopefully there is a desire to build bigger and better things and win trophies!

29 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Yes, but all of these points have been made in general to those who argue that 'the club's a joke' all of this time. Truth is Norwich is out on a limb, Premier League players have openly said they hate making the trip to Norwich because it's out on a limb, but we find ourselves with a serious potential investor on our hands, which underscores how well the club has done to make the club an attractive prospect for investment in spite of that. 

I'm not quite sure why you replied to me but thanks all the same!

Anyways, which Premier League players have openly said, "they hate making the trip to Norwich because it's out on a limb." 

Lots of Premier League players quite clearly liked coming to Carrow Road this year...unfortunately.

OTBC

11 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I'm not quite sure why you replied to me but thanks all the same!

Anyways, which Premier League players have openly said, "they hate making the trip to Norwich because it's out on a limb." 

Lots of Premier League players quite clearly liked coming to Carrow Road this year...unfortunately.

OTBC

Much as I love Norfolk, it's awful to access from the rest of the country; other than that I remember seeing a story in the Pink'un where some player elsewhere had specifically singled out Norwich as a place he hated going because it was such a drag getting there. Maybe someone else can remember who it was. 

23 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Much as I love Norfolk, it's awful to access from the rest of the country; other than that I remember seeing a story in the Pink'un where some player elsewhere had specifically singled out Norwich as a place he hated going because it was such a drag getting there. Maybe someone else can remember who it was. 

I think that was Robbie Savage, maybe still bitter from the time he was playing for Derby, took ages to leave the pitch when substituted and we scored and won in time added on.............

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I would think Aarons will be gone, poor old Zimbo is somewhat injury prone, Cantwell is a liability,Tzolis looks to be on his way to Belguim if stories are to be believed, Placheta is a headless chicken with zilch end product and Hugill is not in my book an option to fire goals but apart from that....

Remember also that it is not established yet that Pukki and Krul will be here for certain next season.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I doubt the prospective owners/investors know absolutely anything about our squad.

The main reason is we are debt free (at the moment) so in theory it's easier to make a return. 

Hopefully there is a desire to build bigger and better things and win trophies!

We won't be using the term 'squad', it'll be the roster.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Easy to get to from the south-east and London (M25, M11, A11) and the Midlands (M6, A14, A11).  Less easy from anywhere north of that, thanks to the largely single carriageway A17 and A47, but easy enough to fly into.  In truth, Norwich is no more “out on a limb” than many other places and I’m sure many supporters of London clubs don’t exactly relish the prospect of a 10 hour round trip up to Newcastle!

27 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I think that was Robbie Savage, maybe still bitter from the time he was playing for Derby, took ages to leave the pitch when substituted and we scored and won in time added on.............

Judging by the time it took him to leave the pitch it was a surprise he got back to Derby in time for the following season.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Remember also that it is not established yet that Pukki and Krul will be here for certain next season.

Many are taking this for granted. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see both go.

12 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Easy to get to from the south-east and London (M25, M11, A11) and the Midlands (M6, A14, A11).  Less easy from anywhere north of that, thanks to the largely single carriageway A17 and A47, but easy enough to fly into.  In truth, Norwich is no more “out on a limb” than many other places and I’m sure many supporters of London clubs don’t exactly relish the prospect of a 10 hour round trip up to Newcastle!

It is usually quicker to travel North/South in this country than East/West, be it road or rail. I was surprised that Manchester to Sheffield by road takes 1.5 hours but the distance is less than 40 miles.........

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Most of them come on a plane. In the general scheme of Premier League football it's not that expensive. 

But years and years ago John Bond was asked at a shareholders meeting why we won all our home games and lost our away games. "The A17" was his response. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:
1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Many are taking this for granted. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see both go.

Me neither - and maybe one or two others. Farke was a big reason why some of our players came to Norwich at all. I wonder how Zimbo feels for instance, maybe others too.  Still feel Zimbo has a role to play this coming season so hope he stays - at his best, as good as any  CB we've got.

2 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

I can get from Sheffield to Norwich in 2hrs 45 minutes without breaking the speed limit now, when back in the 80's it was easily 3 and half. I always go down A1 to the A14, its half an hour quicker. It ain't so bad now they have sorted the A14.

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

It is usually quicker to travel North/South in this country than East/West, be it road or rail. I was surprised that Manchester to Sheffield by road takes 1.5 hours but the distance is less than 40 miles.........

Tell me about it!  And currently they are laying a new gas main in Mottram which adds another 45 minutes to that. Sheffield to Manchester in 2hrs 15 minutes recently, that's only half an hour less than the time it takes me to get from Sheffield to Norwich (without speeding - I think I could possibly do it in same time without scaring my passengers - 80-85mph ish)! 

• Like 1

The location seems irrelevant to the Americans, they are showing a definite interest in a club in the sticks.  Hope their visit left a positive impression of the Fair City, doubt the performance did.  There are many reasons for being attractive debt free, own ground, academy, things which not be resultant of extensive finance.  The team however does need investment, DM, CB, CM and CF would be ideal, at least £20m.  If takenover Krul and Pukki will want to stay, Turkey not a location to impress.