Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop14

Boycott the Spurs Game

If we really want to hammer home how disgruntled, upset, and angry we are at the state of the club, we all need to boycott the last home game of the season. Dean Smith said a few weeks back that he can’t see any apathy in the stands. We need to ensure that he, along with Mr Webber and Delia/MWJ, are under no illusions that apathy is rife and we’re done with the embarrassment.

Besides, who on earth wants to spend a nice, late Spring Sunday afternoon watching our pathetic excuse of a football team get demolished by Spurs? I can’t think of a more joyless experience. If you need a dose of football that weekend, go find a local Sunday league game to watch, it will be infinitely more rewarding.

A former manager of ours during the wilderness years of the mid to late 00s once said that the biggest problem with this football club is that no matter how bad it gets, there’s still 25k+ fans in the ground week in, week out. Let’s change that for Spurs.

It was sad to see so many empty seats come the 90th minute at Carrow Road on Sunday, but it hammered home the point that it isn't acceptable and it had an impact because it is so unusual. I couldn't see fans walking out like that under Farke.

But you're right, if anything is going to happen it needs to be something like this. Imagine them coming out to an empty stadium for the last home game of the season. Would be a complete embarrassment in the press.

At the very least I hope they don't do a "lap of honour" at the end. What are supposed to do, boo them round and throw rotten tomatoes? 

I’m conflicted. I’ve already got tickets for me and a relative visitor from overseas who wanted to go to a game, but I do feel strongly a message needs to be sent. I’ll need to split the difference and turn up but not stick around after.

To me it looked like around 500 to 700 boycotted yesterday in the South Stand alone from my view in The City Stand. Mind you there were loads of empty seats elsewhere even before West Ham commenced their canter to spank us off the park.

13 minutes ago, AJ said:

I hope they don't do a "lap of honour" at the end

Its been a lap of appreciation for the last few seasons -not sure who appreciates who though! 

6 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I’m conflicted. I’ve already got tickets for me and a relative visitor from overseas who wanted to go to a game, but I do feel strongly a message needs to be sent. I’ll need to split the difference and turn up but not stick around after.

That’s fair enough, I wouldn’t expect anyone with a relative who has travelled from abroad to not go! Likewise, if you go with kids who enjoy the experience, it’s not fair on them to deny them the day out. It’s more a suggestion to those who attend by themselves/with mates.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

To me it looked like around 500 to 700 boycotted yesterday in the South Stand alone from my view in The City Stand. Mind you there were loads of empty seats elsewhere even before West Ham commenced their canter to spank us off the park.

Yeah i noticed a few empty seats, I do think some of that is covid related though, especially in the City Stand. The whole place was fairly empty after about 70 minutes though.

• Haha 1

There was also no songs or chants from the home crowd at all, dont recalling heating OTBC during the actual game. Not a cristism, just shows how dejected everyone is feeling. To be fair, West Ham fans were having a fun time, some good banter as well.

Edited by Satriales

I agree. Stay away. Send a message. Not many of the players deserve a lap of honour anyway. 

Select your excuse for yesterday's empty seats...

1. Covid

2. On Holiday

3. Work commitments

4. Nice weather so rather go out for the day 

5. Too expensive

6. Plastic fans

7. Can't be ar$ed

8. Expecting a walloping

9. We're so sh!t

10. Send a message to the hierarchy

They will still record the season tickets as attended plus I want to see a few of the people I sit with, so I will be going.
Iv'e already paid so my still counted non attendance will mean nothing to anyone.

The boycotting makes no difference unless it includes next season. 

I have no wish to boycott the Spurs game or next season so will be there as usual.

@Midlands Yellow how long have you been boycotting and what difference has it made to get the changes you want?

• Like 2

Just now, nutty nigel said:

I have no wish to boycott the Spurs game or next season so will be there as usual.

@Midlands Yellow how long have you been boycotting and what difference has it made to get the changes you want?

I’m not asking you to boycott matches. I’m sure you’ve not missed a minute and get reserve matches in too. I was merely point out the fans who are attending in fancy dress, yellow and green seats seems the popular choice. Did you notice them yesterday? 

I’m not sure about this boycotting lark. I understand the desire to “send a message” but with little change seemingly in the offing, from what I’m reading this might be our last ever chance to see Norwich play in the Premier League. And that nice England captain Mr Kane will be playing, a Golden Boot winner and all time England great, you wouldn’t want to miss that either. 👍 OTBC/boo  

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not quite sure what you mean by this? What if club wide, positive changes occur over the summer? I suspect Delia and co will be more inclined to make changes if a crowd of sub 15k turns up for the last game of the season than she would if we got a full house.

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m not asking you to boycott matches. I’m sure you’ve not missed a minute and get reserve matches in too. I was merely point out the fans who are attending in fancy dress, yellow and green seats seems the popular choice. Did you notice them yesterday? 

I notice that you have interest in other people's money and other people's tickets but no interest in doing anything to further your aims yourself except for posting far more often on here.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I’m not sure about this boycotting lark. I understand the desire to “send a message” but with little change seemingly in the offing, from what I’m reading this might be our last ever chance to see Norwich play in the Premier League. And that nice England captain Mr Kane will be playing, a Golden Boot winner and all time England great, you wouldn’t want to miss that either. 👍 OTBC/boo  

You do know i hope that we are coming straight back up and Fulham are swapping places with us again ?

Apperently. 😂

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

You do know i hope that we are coming straight back up and Fulham are swapping places with us again ?

Apperently. 😂

A lot of people see us as being in a tailspin too. Terminal decline. 

It'll be a full house against Tottingham....a rockin' and atmospheric stadium and everyone in fancy dress....

Bleacher Report..We the minions!....

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I notice that you have interest in other people's money and other people's tickets but no interest in doing anything to further your aims yourself except for posting far more often on here.

I’ve noticed things about you too, but being a gentleman I’ll keep them to myself. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Not quite sure what you mean by this? What if club wide, positive changes occur over the summer? I suspect Delia and co will be more inclined to make changes if a crowd of sub 15k turns up for the last game of the season than she would if we got a full house.

We paid for the tickets over two years ago so any boycott is pretty pointless. But fill your boots if it gives you some comfort or purpose. 

What changes do you want to see in return for the boycott?

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’ve noticed things about you too, but being a gentleman I’ll keep them to myself. 

Don't worry about me and other people. What are you doing to try to effect change? It's a fair question isn't it?

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Apperently. 😂

Well, I already have money on it 🙂

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Don't worry about me and other people. What are you doing to try to effect change? It's a fair question isn't it?

Well I’m 90% sure Wednesday will be another predictable no show. So if our dear leaders get a mention in the away end I’m joining in too. I won’t be moaning at any individual players though, it’s not their fault they aren’t up to the job. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well I’m 90% sure Wednesday will be another predictable no show. So if our dear leaders get a mention in the away end I’m joining in too. I won’t be moaning at any individual players though, it’s not their fault they aren’t up to the job. 

So nothing yet but you might join in if SOMEONE ELSE does something 😜

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

So nothing yet but you might join in if SOMEONE ELSE does something 😜

It’s pretty much how it works at a match, I guess you start all the pro club chants at Carrow Road ? 

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well I’m 90% sure

Thats good enough for most things NCFC these days! 

Edited by Greavsy

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s pretty much how it works at a match, I guess you start all the pro club chants at Carrow Road ? 

I'm renowned for it in 'the blankets'.

So what have you actually done to try to effect the changes you want? I think it's a fair question?