Sign in to follow this  
Mr Angry

Declan Rudd retires through injury

Shame for him.  I hadn't realised the situation was that bad.  Any bets on how long it will be before he turns up at Colney?

He's already got an alternative business interest that will keep him busy. I believe he's the co-founder of Future Football Elite, a youth football coaching organisation, based in Norwich.

Shame that he's had to retire so relatively young, but he's done some pretty good things in his career.

Never did become the next David de Gea though................................................

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Shame that he's had to retire so relatively young, but he's done some pretty good things in his career.

Never did become the next David de Gea though................................................

Ah, but who ever said he would?  Not me......I did once say he could be our David de Gea, which is slightly different.......

It’s a shame some classic muddled thinking by Alex Neil. He should have backed Rudd over Ruddy when we returned to the championship instead of signing McGovern as well.

• Like 2

Loads of people on Twitter saying we should make a role for him here at Norwich.

Well of course, why wouldn't there be people saying that? 🙄 Make a handful of appearances at Norwich and you're a club legend.

Always sad to read of careers brought to an early end but good luck for the future to Declan.

Edited by TIL 1010

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ah, but who ever said he would?  Not me......I did once say he could be our David de Gea, which is slightly different.......

Doesn't matter Lakeyo, its funny.  Dorrans on the left anyone😉👍😇

13 hours ago, lake district canary said:

You're not wrong lakey.  

Him and Jed Steer were two very promising young goalies - I remember even Harry Redknapp bigging them up ….

Declan had himself a career of sorts - it went very quiet on the Jed Steer front though …

Sad news but Declan's young enough to pursue a different career path....that's if he isn't already?.....Good luck to him.....