TIL 1010

Delia Going Nowhere ( And She Admits to Booing )

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hes telling me otherwise in this thread...

Rather silly of me to  think you could be told anything of course but i am sure Nutty will agree it was a mere handful who were happy with what was going on at the club in attendance and as i said the place was packed out so don't assume that was the sum total of the fanbase who were disgruntled.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

You do realise The Apologists think it is a very small minority who are against her reign continuing ?

Despite 78% of their favourite fan site wishing her gone. And they claim we are not living in the real world. Luckily I take as much notice of them as I do, a rant from our owners using our club to push her own product.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Rather silly of me to  think you could be told anything of course but i am sure Nutty will agree it was a mere handful who wre happy with what was going on at the club in attendance and as i said the place was packed out so don't assume that was the sum total of the fanbase who were disgruntled.

Well if that's true those people have put up with another 12 years without doing anything else 

I don't think they're the types to enforce any sort of change.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Rather silly of me to  think you could be told anything of course but i am sure Nutty will agree it was a mere handful who were happy with what was going on at the club in attendance and as i said the place was packed out so don't assume that was the sum total of the fanbase who were disgruntled.

Clearly just not a very pro-active group of disgruntled fans then. Maybe the sofa at home was just too comfy to push for that change... 🙂 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No no no, look she just wrote a book. And ooh look, some cushions.

Yes and they were Norwich City coloured cushions until Lorraine Kelly told her no they were Ukranian.

If the current situation with Chelsea doesn’t open your eyes and confirm how fortunate we are with our majority shareholders, then nothing will. 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I think it is more to do with a lack of verbal fluency. Whilst some may be just sh1tstirrers, others are genuine but don't have the mental dexterity to comprehend something that is nuanced: to use a term that seems ubiquitous of late, they are binary thinkers.

Owners says in one interview "we'd put it to the fans if we got an offer we liked"

Owner says in another interview "we are not selling"

But if it makes you feel better you keep being an arrogant idiot.

C

Just now, corbs said:

If the current situation with Chelsea doesn’t open your eyes and confirm how fortunate we are with our majority shareholders, then nothing will. 

Yes because all investment in clubs is like Chelsea... Sigh

46 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You obviously have forgotten the 500 people who turned up to discuss our situation following relegation in 2009 at St Andrews Hall.

Oh come on Tilly, not again!

Were all of those 500 against Delia and MWJ remaining at the club?

13 minutes ago, corbs said:

If Abramovich wasn't close to Putin, Chelsea would have got away with it. I don't see the same outrage been shown against Bournemouth.

And if we do have the same outrage against Bournemouth, we shouldn't be taking money off them for Cantwell.

Edited by Capt. Pants

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Owners says in one interview "we'd put it to the fans if we got an offer we liked"

C

@PurpleCanary I wasn't expecting to have this confirmed quite so literally quite so soon!

Kenny, it's not exactly what she says. Won't sell is different to not looking to sell. She was asked if she had been tempted to leave and sell up - she said no. She didn't say she wouldn't consider an offer if a good one was made.

Again, that comes down to certain things as well, which Purple will be able to confirm, but a good offer also impacts upon other shareholders too I believe.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Abramovich wasn't close to Putin, Chelsea would have got away with it. I don't see the same outrage been some against Bournemouth.

And if we do have the same outrage against Bournemouth, we shouldn't be taking money off them for Cantwell.

I'm not convinced that the Bournemouth owner is an Oligarch spending ill-gotten gains. 

Everton should be more of a focus for that.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I think it is more to do with a lack of verbal fluency. Whilst some may be just sh1tstirrers, others are genuine but don't have the mental dexterity to comprehend something that is nuanced: to use a term that seems ubiquitous of late, they are binary thinkers.

For all your so called intelligence you like being abusive to fellow fans. That's a bit pathetic really. 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm not convinced that the Bournemouth owner is an Oligarch spending ill-gotten gains. 

Everton should be more of a focus for that.

I guess you are appalled we took an Oligarchy money for Godfrey then? 

12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:
1 hour ago, Badger said:

C

??? I don't understand why you are upset - I was defending you! 🤦‍♂️

Some have accused you of being a sh1tstirrer but I stood up for you and gave another, more likely, interpretation! So much for trying to help people!

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

For all your so called intelligence you like being abusive to fellow fans. That's a bit pathetic really. 

It is hardly abusive - it was sympathetic (a bit "do-gooder" if you like).

Look don't take this personally, I am trying to help you (despite your tantrums) - try the following link:

https://www.dictionary.com/

10 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Factcheck.

Screenshot_20220312-172005.png

All seats were taken that night and some standing around the entrance doors.

32 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Despite 78% of their favourite fan site wishing her gone. And they claim we are not living in the real world. Luckily I take as much notice of them as I do, a rant from our owners using our club to push her own product.

"favourite fan site" - forum, I think the vast majority of fans use social media platforms like twitter and facebook these days. It says a lot that the "favourite fan site" struggled to get 0.1% of a capacity Carrow Road to respond to such a poll. 

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

we took an Oligarchy money

Whilst I am in a helpful mood, you might find this useful:

The Cambridge Guide to English Usage

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

All seats were taken that night and some standing around the entrance doors.

And everyone said they wanted Delia and MWJ to sell up? 

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Thing is, no, I'm not really. But I understand that more and more clubs are being owned by individuals or collections of individuals who've been involved in some pretty dire stuff. And unfortunately, we can't fully escape that. We can do little bits as a club though (and a bit more than we are doing currently, in my opinion).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Only a handful suggested otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I don't think you'll find any evidence either way. I'm not even sure we did take oligarchy money although if it's being paid in installments then probably some is.

My views don't change with the wind. You'll do well to make me out as a hypocrite over this.The weathercocks on crack are elsewhere.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

And how well did that work out in actually getting new owners? It didn't. At all. And 500 is still a really small chunk.

And on top of that, we are in a much stronger position as a club now compared to then.

Didn’t you know?  500 people (in a place with, I believe, 900 capacity) when you have over 20,000 season ticket holders and many more casual fans, is some sort of majority….

It’s certainly great that people have their opinions and will fight for them, but do need to be aware there are other perfectly reasonable opinions which are not ‘wrong’, just different.

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

None did. It wasn't even discussed.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Didn’t you know?  500 people (in a place with, I believe, 900 capacity) when you have over 20,000 season ticket holders and many more casual fans, is some sort of majority….

Maybe there were 18,000 standing around outside? I've not heard anyone say that yet, but you never know..

So some on here think our owners are the best and we can't get better..why?

On the pitch? Team has not improved and probably is worse than 3 years ago despite lots of "self funded" sky money. Recruitment head more worried about his mountain challenge, in January,  than finding a replacement for Idah to give us any chance of staying up. Sold most of our talent. Only Aaron left.

Ground? No investment despite us selling out weekly. No plans in place to increase the ground size to improve revue.

Customer service? Getting or changing tickets is a nightmare because the ticket office has been stripped of all staff and you can not get hold of anyone. After we took tax payers money to pay salaries...Away ticket shambles.. need I say more

Sponsorship debacle.. cost us how much?

Ambition? Happy to be top 26.. don't care if we are not in the top flight. No successful football business achieves its potential if the owners state their target isn't even the top league?

The only argument for keeping our owners is.. there isn't anybody out there who wants us (don't believe that at all... But put the club up for sale and lets see) and it could be worse. 

Owners have given us a base on which to build. They have reached their limit and need to go.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

You obviously have forgotten the 500 people who turned up to discuss our situation following relegation in 2009 at St Andrews Hall.

Perhaps there were 500 discussing our relegation in 2009. Around 50,000 turned up to celebrate our promotion 10 years later!

image.png.acb95879518cf3848467c432cd4e18e9.pngimage.png.acb95879518cf3848467c432cd4e18e9.pnghttps://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich-city-championship-title-parade-2019-7952114

image.png.a2e02947d48b4214796838d5e9d1c82f.png

image.png

18 minutes ago, Badger said:

??? I don't understand why you are upset - I was defending you! 🤦‍♂️

Some have accused you of being a sh1tstirrer but I stood up for you and gave another, more likely, interpretation! So much for trying to help people!

I'm not upset just putting you right 👍