TeemuVanBasten

Should Delia Put The Club Up for Sale?

Should Delia Put The Club Up for Sale?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should Delia Put The Club Up for Sale?

• Yes
    • No

30 minutes ago, Badger said:

Well seeing you raise it, let's talk about Southampton FC. As you say the old owner put the club up for sale but it was in March 2020 not early 2021. It took nearly 2 years.

The important issue, however, is that he put it up for sale for £259 million, having paid £210 million for the club. In other words, he got 40% of what he asked for and less than half of what he paid for it. By making his desire to sell he placed himself quickly on the distressed seller list and alerted the bargain hunters!

You have provided an excellent example of why clubs tend not to put themselves up for sale!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1252424/Southampton-Gao-Jisheng-club-up-for-sale-250-million

Delia paid about a million for her shares didn't she, a couple more million for loans converted to equity.

Don't think there's any danger of her only getting £1.2m for them do you?

As Delia has previously stated, the club is not for sale. Her attitude does the club no favours. 

All the legalities have been taken care of to hand it over to Tom. 

Whether he shares his Aunties' distain of the EPL I'm yet to find out, but the completely delusional self funding model will certainly be here to stay, so expect little and get nothing. 

It seems that the predominant view on this message board - and at Carrow Road more generally - is near total acceptance of our business model notwithstanding the implications for our continual failure on the pitch. When your customer base is so content with the club’s approach what possible incentive is there for the owners to sell?

9 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

It seems that the predominant view on this message board - and at Carrow Road more generally - is near total acceptance of our business model notwithstanding the implications for our continual failure on the pitch. When your customer base is so content with the club’s approach what possible incentive is there for the owners to sell?

This poll doesn't seem to support this assertion at all, 85% of people who have voted want Delia to sell the club and just 15% support her succession plan.

Nutty Nigel and Hogesar just eptitomise what a 'vocal minority' is, with 36 posts between them on this thread. 

The 15% make their presence felt on threads like these, but the data tells the real story.... even Putin would consider this a landslide victory.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

17 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Yes. You would. The business I work for, and had a minor stake in, was not for sale. Guess what? It sold.

You don't have to sell if you are a major shareholder and the owner has said she is not selling... or are you accusing her of lying.

Anyway, I'm done. Looking forward to not getting depressed most Saturday and treating NCFC as a minor hooby that's visited once or twice a year. 

All those albums I can buy with the £150 saved every match day.... 

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

This poll doesn't seem to support this assertion at all, 85% of people who have voted want Delia to sell the club and just 15% support her succession plan.

Nutty Nigel and Hogesar just eptitomise what a 'vocal minority' is, with 36 posts between them on this thread. 

The 15% make their presence felt on threads like these, but the data tells the real story.... even Putin would consider this a landslide victory.

Highland Canary is talking about the view of the message board and you are talking about the response to a single post on the message board.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

This poll doesn't seem to support this assertion at all, 85 old guys who have voted want Delia to sell the club

Fixed it for you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Highland Canary is talking about the view of the message board and you are talking about the response to a single post on the message board.

Indeed, yes. That a couple of years back in the championship may leave us only a ‘Maddison’ away from administration again seems to be the most significant driver of the need for further investment in the club.

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lovely to see the tide tuning and quite emphatically too. This board is a very conservative one so the vote says a lot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

You don't have to sell if you are a major shareholder and the owner has said she is not selling... or are you accusing her of lying.

Anyway, I'm done. Looking forward to not getting depressed most Saturday and treating NCFC as a minor hooby that's visited once or twice a year. 

All those albums I can buy with the £150 saved every match day.... 

I'm glad for you, as a Norwich fan I don't think I could do that. 🙂

As for the poll itself, it's all conjecture and whining online until we actually hear this 85% at the ground. Unless the 85% on here who want Delia to sell, don't actually attend games?

Looking at the names posting in here, most of them confess to rarely going or are exiled so it makes sense I guess.

30 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

"You don't need luck when you've got 85% of the population behind you"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm glad for you, as a Norwich fan I don't think I could do that. 🙂

As for the poll itself, it's all conjecture and whining online until we actually hear this 85% at the ground. Unless the 85% on here who want Delia to sell, don't actually attend games?

Looking at the names posting in here, most of them confess to rarely going or are exiled so it makes sense I guess.

I think many had voted with their feet on Saturday Hogesar by walking out of the ground by the time we'd seen the 75th minute, including many who sat in the City Stand around the Director's box and behind the dugouts. What more of an indication of current dissatisfaction do you need? 

I was interested to see that the most passionate pro-Deliarite on this thread was @canarydan23 who seemed deeply unhappy at the £34 season ticket price increase a couple of months ago, and was talking about not renewing back in October when we sacked Farke. Perhaps some of those who claim to be pro-regime aren't quite as happy as they make out? 

I bet it would only take a new owner to cut season ticket prices to £479 to get most of the fans immediately on board. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think many had voted with their feet on Saturday Hogesar by walking out of the ground by the time we'd seen the 75th minute, including many who sat in the City Stand around the Director's box and behind the dugouts. What more of an indication of current dissatisfaction do you need? 

I was interested to see that the most passionate pro-Deliarite on this thread was @canarydan23 who seemed deeply unhappy at the £34 season ticket price increase a couple of months ago, and was talking about not renewing back in October when we sacked Farke. Perhaps some of those who claim to be pro-regime aren't quite as happy as they make out? 

I bet it would only take a new owner to cut season ticket prices to £479 to get most of the fans immediately on board. 

I walked out too. Not against the owners though. You certainly can't say with any conviction whatsoever that those who walked out were against the owners?

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I walked out too. Not against the owners though. You certainly can't say with any conviction whatsoever that those who walked out were against the owners?

It’s coming, don’t let it spoil your lunch break though. 

Just now, hogesar said:

Norwich vs Middlesbrough should have taught Norwich fans to never leave early. 

Perhaps the fans should have a vote. 

Yellow and Green A4 paper on the seats before a game, lift up Yellow for Nephew Tom, Green for finding a buyer. 

You are probably too young to remember when we did this to vote on whether to have yellow shorts or green shorts after Delia tried to scrap the green ones (she sat in the Barclay Lower for that vote, and was pretty much the only person in that stand to raise yellow).

She also has precedent for saying that she wishes they could have more votes like this, on issues like asking the fans whether they should sack a manager.

So let her practice what she preaches, and lets have a vote, a vote on her succession plan. Would you object to that?

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yellow and Green A4 paper on the seats before a game, lift up Yellow for Nephew Tom, Green for finding a buyer. 

You are probably too young to remember when we did this to vote on whether to have yellow shorts or green shorts after Delia tried to scrap the green ones (she sat in the Barclay Lower for that vote, and was pretty much the only person in that stand to raise yellow).

She also has precedent for saying that she wishes they could have more votes like this, on issues like asking the fans whether they should sack a manager.

So let her practice what she preaches, and lets have a vote, a vote on her succession plan. Would you object to that?

Don’t hold your breath on that happening. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Delia paid about a million for her shares didn't she, a couple more million for loans converted to equity.

Delia and MWJ have put in somewhere between in the £8m - £10m regio  for their shares. I think we had a more accurate estimate as we did work it out a while back based on the accounts with the only unknown being the figure they paid Watling which makes it impossible to arrive at a precise figure. 

But in any event, yes were their holding in the club to be sold its clear they would comfortably recover that money and a considerable sum on top unless they agreed to sell on a no net profit basis as Abramovich is suggesting he is prepared to do. 

The alternative as I have mentioned on here previously is to bring new capital into the club and a change of control through the resolution that allows the board to issue a further 1 million shares. That could, in theory, see an investor take a controlling stake in the club without Delia and MWJ selling their stake although they would have to agree to it (i.e. in essence agree to step into a Foulger type role where they held a significant stake in the club but were no longer controlling owners). That would leave them with their equity in the club albeit presumably as it would no longer be a controlling intereest and there would be more issued shares it would devalue their shareholding to a degree. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s coming, don’t let it spoil your lunch break though. 

Sorry, armchair fans don't get a vote 🙂

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No, I wouldn't object to that. The fans who turn up every week getting to vote on a succession plan is more than fair enough in my book

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I walked out because I was just finding the whole thing so frustrating. Partly due to the fact we have f**ked up again and are uncompetitive (i.e. owners/webber) but admittedly also because VAR completely ruined the game and effectively decisions by VAR ended it as a spectacle in the space of 20 minutes in the sceond half. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Got your ticket for Leeds and Leicester yet? 

Leeds yes, Leicester no. Why, you actually attending a game or two? Or just posting on here about it? 🙂 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I doubt it.

I was just trying to show you why putting a football club "up for sale" is a bad idea as it attracts the "bargain hunters."

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

No, I wouldn't object to that. The fans who turn up every week getting to vote on a succession plan is more than fair enough in my book

Good, it sounds like a decent plan to me.

What about the fans who can't attend every week as they live 240 miles away but have accrued approximately £14,000 worth of shares in the club (cost price) as a result of Delia getting the begging bowl out, can they have a say? 

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I walked out because I was just finding the whole thing so frustrating. Partly due to the fact we have f**ked up again and are uncompetitive (i.e. owners/webber) but admittedly also because VAR completely ruined the game and effectively decisions by VAR ended it as a spectacle in the space of 20 minutes in the sceond half. 

The VAR decisions were correct. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Good, it sounds like a decent plan to me.

What about the fans who can't attend every week as they live 240 miles away but have accrued approximately £14,000 worth of shares in the club (cost price) as a result of Delia getting the begging bowl out, can they have a say? 

Yeah, you'd have to find a sensible cut off point for who can / can't be taken as a serious vote though. Not sure where the constraints would be on it (one of the problems associated with Delia yesterday saying a potential new owner would be put to a fan vote)

Whenever these types of threads come about, it becomes painfully obvious that some just simply can't bear the thought of "mummy" Delia not being at the club 😂 bless.

What are you scared of? How can you possibly be satisfied by what is going on at the club and being the laughing stock of the country whenever we are in the top tier? She isn't going to live forever, you know.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think that our experience of 2016 demonstrates that we need a very clear understanding of the alternatives before sputting something up for a referendum!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Fixed it for you

Where does the idea that those who aren't pro Delia/MWJ are old come from?

My general experience is the older fans are generally more keen on the current owners while the younger fans who have only ever known the footballing world as it is now, dominated by foreign ownership and huge transfer fees are more pro 'sell up to a rich person.'