Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Canaries star granted UK stay after battle

Cedric is such a kind man who loves to help others; that last sentence 'Mr Anselin said he did not wish to comment out of respect for those who are yet to receive their settled status' says it all.

Really pleased for him.

Indeed, a nice story. Handy that he was one of those light skinned forrinerz doh?! Disgusting that this is even a story in the 21st century. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, spencer 1970 said:

Indeed, a nice story. Handy that he was one of those light skinned forrinerz doh?! Disgusting that this is even a story in the 21st century. 

No, the correct procedures were followed.  No need for your throwaway race-baiting comment.

• Haha 1

Would we have been able to sign Buendia under the current post-Brexit rules?

No trouble for the big clubs, of course, because the players they're signing will have the necessary points for a visa.

14 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Would we have been able to sign Buendia under the current post-Brexit rules?

No trouble for the big clubs, of course, because the players they're signing will have the necessary points for a visa.

He's Argentinian so I would have thought so subject to work permit.

Didn't stop us signing PLM either, it's just the bargain basement EU furriners that we can't get so easily.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Didn't stop us signing PLM either, it's just the bargain basement EU furriners that we can't get so easily.

I'm not sure whether the fact that he was already in the EU would have made things different from signing someone directly from Argentina. But the new rules do mean that we can't go for Bundesliga 3 or whatever any more. Webber better start adding the National League to his spreadsheet.

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I'm not sure whether the fact that he was already in the EU would have made things different from signing someone directly from Argentina. But the new rules do mean that we can't go for Bundesliga 3 or whatever any more. Webber better start adding the National League to his spreadsheet.

Yeah I'm not sure either.

You'd like to think we"ve progressed a bit since German 4th Division. Plus we don't play Farkeball anymore.

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

He has Spanish citizenship so didn't need a work permit at the time, but with the new rules in place he wouldn't have been close to getting a work permit.

Lees-Melou was a regular player in a Band One league, so he got one pretty comfortably.

14 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't think we would have been able to sign him. He was playing in the Spanish second division, so would not have attained the points that would be required. (Top division etc).