No one mentioned that McLean had one of his better games and totally nullified Gallagher.

He had a very good game given the quality Palace had last night.

• Like 1

Agree  Indy 👍.  But you have to admit it's not fashionable to talk like this about Kenny it gets annoying for some to talk about Kenny in that context. 🙄 

Did he? 28% possession and conceded over the double the amount of shots we had. I'd say they totally controlled midfield and our inability to win second balls or collect from the centre halves and play were the reason we didn't take three points. Normann in for McLean asap.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Did he? 28% possession and conceded over the double the amount of shots we had. I'd say they totally controlled midfield and our inability to win second balls or collect from the centre halves and play were the reason we didn't take three points. Normann in for McLean asap.

It’s possible to say Mclean had a pretty good game but also at the same time we were dominated in midfield. He (or indeed PLM) needs a more solid defensive midfielder alongside him. 

Was excellent versus Wolves too. Needs some legs beside him though. Interested to also see McLean and Sorensen link up, pretty sure they were the two in the middle against Bournemouth 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

It’s possible to say Mclean had a pretty good game but also at the same time we were dominated in midfield. He (or indeed PLM) needs a more solid defensive midfielder alongside him. 

Absolutely, given Gallagher has been a top performer for them McLean went a long way to ensuring we gained a point! Said before he’s not my type of player, but last night his arms weren’t being waved at other players and he stuck to his job superbly!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Wolves 64% . Watford 68%

24 minutes ago, Indy said:

No one mentioned that McLean had one of his better games and totally nullified Gallagher.

He had a very good game given the quality Palace had last night.

He twice played suicidal passes in and around our own box that could have cost us goals so I'm not sure I'd be singing his praises. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, king canary said:

He twice played suicidal passes in and around our own box that could have cost us goals so I'm not sure I'd be singing his praises. 

Are you sure, Lees did at least one, didn’t think McLean did!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

PLM made two awful passes early on but I still thought he had a good game. It’s possible to play well even if they do make errors here and there. All players do make mistakes in games.

I thought he had a decent game, both he and PLM worked their backsides off in a formation where we were never going to have much of the ball. If everyone is fit he doesn't get into my personal starting eleven but credit where its due.

5 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

PLM made two awful passes early on but I still thought he had a good game. It’s possible to play well even if they do make errors here and there. All players do make mistakes in games.

There is a difference between making a mistake in one area of the pitch and making a mistake in the way McLean did yesterday.

He played OK, don't get me wrong, lots of energy and tracked back well. But he can breathe a sigh of relief that we weren't talking about two unforced errors of his leading to goals. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

No room for errors on this forum Jambo. But there again depends who you are . 

Every player makes mistakes its part and parcel of the game. 

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

There is a difference between making a mistake in one area of the pitch and making a mistake in the way McLean did yesterday.

He played OK, don't get me wrong, lots of energy and tracked back well. But he can breathe a sigh of relief that we weren't talking about two unforced errors of his leading to goals. 

Thank christ Zaha had a howler of a penalty . Or poor Max would be getting it in the neck🙃

Just now, Mengo said:

Thank christ Zaha had a howler of a penalty . Or poor Max would be getting it in the neck🙃

Key word being 'unforced.'

Max was caught out no doubt but it was a good pass and an unfortunate tangle of legs. Different to playing a blind pass in your own penalty box straight to the opposition. 

Well fair enough Kingo, but for me to actually praise McLean he had to have had a good game, Gallagher wasn’t in the game last night, someone who could have ripped our defence apart. He had a good game for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Key word being 'unforced.'

Max was caught out no doubt but it was a good pass and an unfortunate tangle of legs. Different to playing a blind pass in your own penalty box straight to the opposition. 

It's a drama right enough. It's difficult being perfect every day. I try so hard but only ever manage it about 3 times a week. Pretty bad stats for a perfectionist.  But stats sometimes mean f**k all in the big picture.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Can anybody confirm that Kenny is the latest official scapegoat ?

🤣 you opportunist tilly😂

7 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Surprised that nobody has responded:

“I had a bath this morning”.

(For our older viewers).

Yeah I'm one of those viewers. To answer your question. Me I had a 🚿 shower. 😇

1 minute ago, Mengo said:

🤣 you opportunist tilly😂

I am having my doubts since reading the Pukki thread. 😂

IMO McLean was very good against Wolves and OK yesterday. The problem for me is that he and PLM are too similar in some ways; they are both energetic players who cover a lot of ground, but both of them tend to have at least one or two potentially serious errors every game. We need a steadier player in there as well. If not Sorensen, (because some people on here don't think he's good enough in that role), then someone who has a similar temperament and style to Sorensen.

I guess this is just a new way of saying the obvious old thing: we needed a CDM and didn't get one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

IMO McLean was very good against Wolves and OK yesterday. The problem for me is that he and PLM are too similar in some ways; they are both energetic players who cover a lot of ground, but both of them tend to have at least one or two potentially serious errors every game. We need a steadier player in there as well. If not Sorensen, (because some people on here don't think he's good enough in that role), then someone who has a similar temperament and style to Sorensen.

I guess this is just a new way of saying the obvious old thing: we needed a CDM and didn't get one.

I would agree 👍  with  CDM. 

So I've emailed Deano 📧  today asking if it's possible for the pinkun forum to pick the team for him for the next game.

As it would look like we are far more capable than himself and Shakey. I've also questioned his stat figures and his undoubted love for players. I await a response🙃

25 minutes ago, Mengo said:

It's a drama right enough. It's difficult being perfect every day. I try so hard but only ever manage it about 3 times a week. Pretty bad stats for a perfectionist.  But stats sometimes mean f**k all in the big picture.

I'm trying not to be a **** here but you're making it quite difficult.

If you can point out where I said he should be perfect or that in fact any of our players need to be perfect then great. I didn't. I'm suggesting I don't think Kenny played as well as the OP suggested. 

Not my fault if you have the reading comprehension of a 9 year old.

17 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Agree- him and PLM don't really work together and right now I'd choose PLM over McLean. 

McLean and PLM are both no-frills hard working midfielders. Neither are particularly great passers though, which is probably why Smith asks he back four to play long balls down the channels so often. Neither score that often either.

Norman and Rupp will probably replace both once fully fit again.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Or both get replaced by Normann and Sorenson!!! 🙂

• Like 2