Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Goodbye Rocky Bushiri

It is the nature of the beast, even with the very best of youth set-ups, that a majority will not quite make the grade. However, to put it into perspective, we spent £5m or so on The Nest to get it up to scratch.

Even the sale of a Jamal Lewis more than paid for it. Chuck in a Godfrey, a Maddison, a Buendia....investing in youth development is often a good way to improve your own wallet if done well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Have any of our young cheap buys around Europe and the UK ever made it at Norwich? 

They don't have to make it at Norwich for it to be worth doing, loan fees and the "option to buy" will probably more than cover our outlay on them. It might not be what we as fans want, but it makes sense from a business perspective...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

They don't have to make it at Norwich for it to be worth doing, loan fees and the "option to buy" will probably more than cover our outlay on them. It might not be what we as fans want, but it makes sense from a business perspective...

Ruthless business isn’t it, all about taking advantage I suppose. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Yes it is, but I wouldn't say it was taking advantage, the players invariably will get a chance to train at better facilities and with better coaches and players than they ever otherwise would.

18 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Have any of our young cheap buys around Europe and the UK ever made it at Norwich? 

We paid a relatively cheap £1.5 million for a young Argentinian from a Spanish club and sold him for £33 million.

22 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Loads of them.

It's only 10th Jan and you've probably beat it already...

🙃

• Haha 1

Good luck to the lad, I had high expectations having seen him a few years back, shame he’s not fulfilled his potential. Be nice to see him do well in the future.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Loads of them.

It's only 10th Jan and you've probably beat it already...

🙃

Ok Mr Norwich, name the ones who have made it and those that haven’t for balance. Godfrey and Max I’ll give you but are there many others? 

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Reminded me of this from League of Gentlemen 😁

• Like 1

Good luck Rocky.  I really wanted you to make it, I would have loved signing the theme to Rocky in the stands.

• Like 1

I don’t really understand why we are giving many of these loans with options to buy? Do you get a bigger fee. You would think that if he does well we might want him back or to be able to start an auction. 

8 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Good luck Rocky.  I really wanted you to make it, I would have loved signing the theme to Rocky in the stands.

Saddest part is he's not even played a single game for us. Could he really do any worse than our current defence? And with Kabak going at the end of the season... Rather unfair he never got a chance

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I don’t really understand why we are giving many of these loans with options to buy? Do you get a bigger fee. You would think that if he does well we might want him back or to be able to start an auction. 

I suspect you can class it as income if there is a commitment to buy, and a higher fee if the club get promoted or stay up etc.  If we had taken Gibson, and he did well, surely the club who helped him turn his fortunes should be the ones to take that profit.

it is a fairer deal than a Gilmour like loan where we do the work and Chelsea take all the upside.

I thought there was a lot of hype around this guy at the start.

It's not just about if you're good enough it's about if someone thinks you are good enough and I wonder how many times coaches and staff get it wrong. 

Quite often I'd imagine.

55 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Ok Mr Norwich, name the ones who have made it and those that haven’t for balance. Godfrey and Max I’ll give you but are there many others? 

Nathan Redmond, Louis Thompson, Ben Godfrey, James Madison, Max Aarons, Emi Buendia...

I'll leave you to post those that haven't..

Edited by nutty nigel

11 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I am feeling old, the league of gentlemen was on TV 20 years ago……

I was going to say.. but it’s aged incredibly well. Fantastic show. Inside no 9 is pretty good too. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I am feeling old, the league of gentlemen was on TV 20 years ago……

same for me, but, I do still have my dole scum shirt from going to see them at the wulfren hall in my (first year?) At uni... 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

It's a young Den Perry on vocals.

Young? He didn't age well....

Though doing a bit of googling, turns out it could be Neil hannon, the keyboardist from Divine comedy wrote the music for league of gentleman and it looks like he might be the one on the  drums....

Edited by cornish sam

47 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Nathan Redmond, Louis Thompson, Ben Godfrey, James Madison, Max Aarons, Emi Buendia...

I'll leave you to post those that haven't..

Nathan Redmond is stretching it a bit but if your desperate then so be it, Louis Thompson made it did he? Fair enough. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

16 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Young? He didn't age well....

Though doing a bit of googling, turns out it could be Neil hannon, the keyboardist from Divine comedy wrote the music for league of gentleman and it looks like he might be the one on the  drums....

The drummer is Reece Shearsmith.