Exactly that. Despite what people think, Cantwell is quality, we just haven’t been able to manage him for whatever reason.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Exactly that. Despite what people think, Cantwell is quality, we just haven’t been able to manage him for whatever reason.

This. He's a quality player being let down by a bad attitude and he's made it clear that despite us making his career he want's nothig to do with us anymore. Do have a feeling the way he is going right now that's he going to be less James Maddison and more Alex Pritchard V2.

He’s been acting like a spoilt brat - for whatever reason- and clearly wants away. He has downed tools and stopped trying - probably to force the move he clearly wants. The whole gifts to the community  thing was, I felt, his way of saying h goodbye to the fans because he has clearly burned his bridges with the club. 

obviously this is all speculation- but it makes sense given how good we know he can be and how utterly devoid of effort he has seemed all season. A real shame-and a sour end. 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This. He's a quality player being let down by a bad attitude and he's made it clear that despite us making his career he want's nothig to do with us anymore. Do have a feeling the way he is going right now that's he going to be less James Maddison and more Alex Pritchard V2.

I think the opposite. I think he’ll leave us, moving away from this area will do him the world of good, he’ll grow up a bit and he’ll flourish. 

• Like 1

I hope our club does the honourable thing and not sell out to Newcastle Utd. Also it's utter lunacy to sell one of your best players to a relegation rival.

Just to add, I also think that being a local lad, that at the end of his career he’ll regret  how things are ending here. He’ll be on radio norfolk co-commentating on us playing Doncaster Rovers or such like admitting he could and should have handled things better and that his agent was, in hindsight, a bit of a **** etc etc

I may be wrong but wasn't his attitude part of the reason they sent him on loan to the Dutch league, not just for football but to mature mentally too

It's a shame  because he's definitely capable of being a match winner biut maybe he needs to go somewhere where he's surrounded by better players take him realise he has to work hard.

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

Just to add, I also think that being a local lad, that at the end of his career he’ll regret  how things are ending here. He’ll be on radio norfolk co-commentating on us playing Doncaster Rovers or such like admitting he could and should have handled things better and that his agent was, in hindsight, a bit of a **** etc etc

I hope he does, I am expecting more of a Danny Mills type relationship……

I would delighted if he goes to any club for a reasonable fee.  Although we have an option for next season, what use will he be?

2 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

I may be wrong but wasn't his attitude part of the reason they sent him on loan to the Dutch league, not just for football but to mature mentally too

It's a shame  because he's definitely capable of being a match winner biut maybe he needs to go somewhere where he's surrounded by better players take him realise he has to work hard.

It all went wrong with Farke unfortunately and Smith seems to be a bit of a rabbit in headlights at the moment.

A move is the best for both parties now. It's disappointing though as my two favourite players, those capable of entertaining and playing thrilling football have gone, leaving us with utter dross if I'm honest.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fredherring said:

.. Can't get a tune out of him. 

But he's potentially wanted by Leicester, Newcastle, and Liverpool. 

Perhaps it is all paper talk, wouldn't surprise me at all if we got to the end of this window and Webber had to confirm that there were no firm offers for Todd Cantwell. 

10 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I hope he does, I am expecting more of a Danny Mills type relationship...

If he does alright I definitely see him having a chip in his shoulder about how the locals didn't suck him off enough for being a bit talented, let's not forget that he's not even been raised a Norwich fan... he's an Arsenal fan. 

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Perhaps it is all paper talk, wouldn't surprise me at all if we got to the end of this window and Webber had to confirm that there were no firm offers for Todd Cantwell. 

The club is in a really weak position with Todd, in 6 months time he can leave for nothing or some sort of minimal fee to recover his development costs, unless we trigger the extension.  If we trigger the extension he could be sat around for another year, and costing us close to a million pounds in wages.

Get rid of the big headed ****. He could be almost as good as he thinks he is if he gotchas head down and traibed hard but iv lost patience with him

I have consistently given him the benefit of the doubt and defended him when others have criticised him but how many little knocks and illnesses has he claimed to have? Farke referenced it too.

IF he wanted to play for us he would play through pain and a little discomfort but he takes any opportunity to skive.

Hopefully he gets his bog move and we get a reasonable fee but he will be on loan at Cardiff in 18months with this attitude 

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

Just sell him, make loads of money for the club and stop moaning

He's not worth loads of money.

Hard to know exactly what's going on, but it feels a relatively safe bet to say Todd wants out. So I say sell him. He's a talented player but I suspect his attitude will mean he never achieves his full potential.