Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

Entry requirements from Boxing Day (COVID certification)

On the official canaries website, the latest update on entry from Boxing Day states:

Fans attending the Boxing Day game against Arsenal at Carrow Road will be required to meet mandatory COVID-19 certification requirements, in line with the latest government guidance. Once details have been finalised with both the Premier League and the club’s Safety Advisory Group, a further club communication will follow with details for supporters.

The article goes on to explain that in the meantime fans can show vaccination status etc. via all the methods we have now become used to.

However, at the game Saturday I caught the tail end of something on the big screen that looked to say something like 'don't forget to pre-register your COVID pass' regarding the Boxing Day game. Did anyone else spot this or know anymore on this yet, have I missed something that requires a pre-registration or are we still waiting for further updates?

I'm hoping they have a way to load it onto your season ticket so it can be done ahead of the match; the queues to get in are bad enough this season without having to faff about showing and checking documents.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm hoping they have a way to load it onto your season ticket so it can be done ahead of the match; the queues to get in are bad enough this season without having to faff about showing and checking documents.

How would they do that if they haven't asked for anything?

4 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

How would they do that if they haven't asked for anything?

I'm hoping they have a way of showing it ahead of the match, either in person at the ground or fan hub in the city centre, or even over email. They can load cup games onto your season ticket so the machines at the gates know whether you've purchased a ticket, so it's not a huge leap to fashion something that can load whether the club has verified your vaccination status. If you're a season ticket holder who hasn't verified, the machine won't turn green when you present your card (or orange for the oldies and kids).

It would be great if your vaccination status could be loaded onto your season ticket but a major flaw in that would be if you decided not to attend games and passed your ticket to somebody else.

All fans had to show their vaccination status at Stamford Bridge without hardly any hold up at all

Edited by TIL 1010

I have now been told by the ticket office manager Danny Casey that the registration service for the scheme is not up and running yet but will hopefully be this week.

The details of how and when to do it will be sent out via all channels.

Don't ask me any questions like did he say this or did he say that and what about this, that and the other because i know no more.

I have my two ickle confirmation cards from my dubble jabba.....I'll show them at the entrance with my ST and if the club aren't happy I will go to the court of human rights!.....You see if I don't!.....BOXING DAY?.....'Put 'em up!"......

Unless you've had your booster then being double jabbed will only give limited protection against Omicron. That's why I'm more in favour of a negative lateral flow test.

Can't see anything being loaded on season tickets, it would be an administrative nightmare to see proof of vaccination before somehow loading a card.

I'm afraid we're going to have to get used to even longer queues.

19 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I have my two ickle confirmation cards from my dubble jabba.....I'll show them at the entrance with my ST and if the club aren't happy I will go to the court of human rights!.....You see if I don't!.....BOXING DAY?.....'Put 'em up!"......

Why not just download your “Covid pass” from the NHS website?  

Possibly doesn't have smart phone, I've had letter from nhs showing vaccination status as no smart phone.  Been carrying all season awaiting the time it became mandatory.

Thai would be so much easier if the unvaccinated were legally enforced to wear a lanyard with their status round their neck with a fine of £10000 for each time they were caught not wearing it

14 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Thai would be so much easier if the unvaccinated were legally enforced to wear a lanyard with their status round their neck with a fine of £10000 for each time they were caught not wearing it

Wow!  1930s Germany anyone? 

14 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Not suggesting the extermination just the public humiliation 

Surprised you haven’t found someone to blame the club for the holocaust 

1 hour ago, pete said:

Possibly doesn't have smart phone, I've had letter from nhs showing vaccination status as no smart phone.  Been carrying all season awaiting the time it became mandatory.

And I have friends who are exactly the same - some not only don't have a smart phone but also have no internet - they are still season ticket holders though with a valid covid pass letter.  How is that meant to be pre-loaded onto their season tickets????

As an aside to this, I assume that most of you on here received the Covid info email from the club prior to the United game, basically saying that masks were mandatory in the concourses and the lounges etc (apart from when you're eating/drinking).  Glad to see that the club are taking this seriously as at a rough estimate 75% of those using the concourses on Saturday were unmasked.  What's the point if you don't enforce these things!

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Not suggesting the extermination just the public humiliation 

Or could it be a badge of honour, just saying!!

19 hours ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

As an aside to this, I assume that most of you on here received the Covid info email from the club prior to the United game, basically saying that masks were mandatory in the concourses and the lounges etc (apart from when you're eating/drinking).  Glad to see that the club are taking this seriously as at a rough estimate 75% of those using the concourses on Saturday were unmasked.  What's the point if you don't enforce these things!

Bumping this up to the top, masks please