Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Southampton v Villa

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Sudbury v Col U is where it is at........

Clashes with Corrie. 🤣

51 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Sudbury v Col U is where it is at........

What a ****ing dreadful pitch though 

23 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Ruining a crap game.

Binners ex XI 2-0 up. Game over.

If Southampton are one of the ‘weaker’ sides in the Premier League then God help us!

3 minutes ago, unique said:

If Southampton are one of the ‘weaker’ sides in the Premier League then God help us!

Agree. Dominating Villa at the moment.

On the plus side Villa look very poor, even we should be able to give them a game.

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Agree. Dominating Villa at the moment.

On the plus side Villa look very poor, even we should be able to give them a game.

Sold their talisman and replaced him with dross 

sounds familiar 

47 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Take it from someone who knows that pitch is in very good condition, it just looks rubbish under the floodlights 

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

Sold their talisman and replaced him with dross 

sounds familiar 

Neither Villa, Norwich or Buendia (apart from his bank balance) have come out of that move very well.

16 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Take it from someone who knows that pitch is in very good condition, it just looks rubbish under the floodlights 

I'll take your word for it, bit it's not just how it looks it's slowing the ball down a lot and incredibly bobbly, reminds me of Lutons god awful pitch in the 80s which I had the (mis)fortune of playing on. 

Sudbury will be disappointed with this, the one thing you want to do as a non league club in this sort of game is to not let your moment go without giving it your all, they've looked evert bit a pub side, Colchester barely out of 1st gear. 

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'll take your word for it, bit it's not just how it looks it's slowing the ball down a lot and incredibly bobbly, reminds me of Lutons god awful pitch in the 80s which I had the (mis)fortune of playing on. 

Luckily 3G pitches have come a very long way since then 

59 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Neither Villa, Norwich or Buendia (apart from his bank balance) have come out of that move very well.

Watched Buendia tonight. Game seemed to bypass him a lot, but when he did manage to ge the ball, showed his usual skill and vision. Just not in the game enough.

Just now, lake district canary said:

Watched Buendia tonight. Game seemed to bypass him a lot, but when he did manage to ge the ball, showed his usual skill and vision. Just not in the game enough.

He’d slot straight back in to our midfield then. 

Just now, lake district canary said:

Played well 2nd half. Villa were nowhere near as good and reverted to hoofball tactics after he went off.

What’s the bet we have to play Villa when they’ve got their act together?

I mean, not as if it makes a shed of difference considering we lost to Arsenal, Leicester and Leeds when they were all either ravaged with injuries or bang out of form, but still. Humf.

5 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

What’s the bet we have to play Villa when they’ve got their act together?

I mean, not as if it makes a shed of difference considering we lost to Arsenal, Leicester and Leeds when they were all either ravaged with injuries or bang out of form, but still. Humf.

Still a positive to be had in that case, we can add it to the list of excuses for the season. 

Having watched Villa twice recently it seems they haven’t realised how good buendia is. All you have to do is give him the ball. It’s like they are playing a video game and are totally unaware of the cheat mode.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Played well 2nd half. Villa were nowhere near as good and reverted to hoofball tactics after he went off.

Did well when could get into it, couldn't get in the game enough, a bit like when we were in the PL last time. Full of skill but most of the time, not able to use it.