Thumbbass

Stuff you've thought of but it's too dull for conversation

Just booked a flight from Stansted to billiund (Denmark) for £17

It's probably going to cost me that much to get to the airport from Norwich. That seems insane to me...

Please gamble responsibly.

Also, here's some crack to get you addicted.

image.png.01b4c71f7f07dae7276bd03e87403d7f.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Herman said:

Please gamble responsibly.

Also, here's some crack to get you addicted.

image.png.01b4c71f7f07dae7276bd03e87403d7f.png

Gamble responsibly is the last thing they want you to do.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Gamble responsibly is the last thing they want you to do.

It’s the faux concern that gets on my nerves more than anything else. 

• Like 2

People who touch their food together in a cheers type motion before eating...f*cking idiots. 🤣

Apples

• Haha 2

On 10/02/2024 at 15:57, Herman said:

Something to lighten the mood.

This must be new. I have family in Kracow but haven't visited since before Covid. A bit sad to see such a beautiful old town brought down to this level. Some of the comments on Trip Advisor are hilarious. It sounds like it will only survive if enough people visit to see how awful it is. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

This must be new. I have family in Kracow but haven't visited since before Covid. A bit sad to see such a beautiful old town brought down to this level. Some of the comments on Trip Advisor are hilarious. It sounds like it will only survive if enough people visit to see how awful it is. 

Krakow is one of my favourite cities. Considering its very dark history I found it to be a peaceful place. Good food and people. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Krakow is one of my favourite cities. Considering its very dark history I found it to be a peaceful place. Good food and people. 

There are continuing efforts by a large group of locals to ban Ryanair from the airport. They are fed up with the behaviour of stag parties from one country in particular....... 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There are continuing efforts by a large group of locals to ban Ryanair from the airport. They are fed up with the behaviour of stag parties from one country in particular....... 

I wonder.... 😁

I think Prague was thinking of doing the same thing. The mess was outweighing the benefits. 

53 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've had a lot of contact with Irish and British wedding parties as I used to drive them late night when they were all tanked up, but you always get the odd one. I remember minibus driving for an Irish wedding and I was under instructions that the bride and groom weren't covering the ferrying so it was 10 euros each for the passengers. One quite big (and very drunk) Irish rugby playing guest got very aggressive with me over the 10 euros me of being a 'tight-assed Jew'. Threw me a bit as I'm not Jewish and his friends were very embarrassed about it, but it did pop back into my mind the other day when I read about the Irish women's basketball team's behaviour to the Israeli women's basketball team the other day.

Just to get this thread back where it belongs (my fault, sorry) why are Tesco eggs white all of a sudden? And why are some eggs brown and some white? 

This is the sort of stuff we should be discussing in an election year. Not all that nonsense about Trump and Sunak. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just to get this thread back where it belongs (my fault, sorry) why are Tesco eggs white all of a sudden? And why are some eggs brown and some white? 

This is the sort of stuff we should be discussing in an election year. Not all that nonsense about Trump and Sunak. 

Generally speaking, white hens lay white eggs and brown eggs come from brown chickens.

2 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Generally speaking, white hens lay white eggs and brown eggs come from brown chickens.

I've only ever seen brown ones😂

Bringing the dullness. Has everyone else had massive car insurance hikes?

4 hours ago, Herman said:

Yep. What really pishes me off is, every year my premium goes up, so I shop around (and get) a better deal. Then every year at renewal time my premium goes up again, and the circle begins again, ad infinitum.

You'd think if they'd offer near or what you paid last year, they'd hang onto more loyal customers. 

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Yep. What really pishes me off is, every year my premium goes up, so I shop around (and get) a better deal. Then every year at renewal time my premium goes up again, and the circle begins again, ad infinitum.

You'd think if they'd offer near or what you paid last year, they'd hang onto more loyal customers. 

I'm normally OK with a small yearly increase and also too lazy to shop around. But £130 extra is taking the mick. Internet shopping it is. 

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm normally OK with a small yearly increase and also too lazy to shop around. But £130 extra is taking the mick. Internet shopping it is. 

That's a big increase.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2024 at 07:12, Herman said:

Ricardo started a thread about this. My quote from LV went though the roof so I used Compare The Market and the lowest quote was from LV. It was £70 lower than the renewal they sent me. I just cancelled the old policy and accepted the online quote. I thought there was a new law about this but obviously not. 

There are some golden rules. 

Always sort out renewals a month before. The longer you leave it the more expensive it gets. 

Never sign up for automatic renewal. 

Always look at a comparison site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/02/2024 at 07:39, dylanisabaddog said:

Ricardo started a thread about this. My quote from LV went though the roof so I used Compare The Market and the lowest quote was from LV. It was £70 lower than the renewal they sent me. I just cancelled the old policy and accepted the online quote. I thought there was a new law about this but obviously not. 

There are some golden rules. 

Always sort out renewals a month before. The longer you leave it the more expensive it gets. 

Never sign up for automatic renewal. 

Always look at a comparison site. 

Apparently it’s a combination of scarce spare parts, especially electronics, meaning cars are often off the road for months which means inflated hire car charges and the increasing complexity of modern cars, which makes repairs more expensive even if the parts are available.

Insurance for electric cars has gone through the roof, as they are technically complex and new, although that’s not going to encourage anyone to do the right thing for the environment. But I recently bought a plug-in hybrid after our car was written off and while the insurance was more expensive than our old car it wasn’t outrageously higher, just what you would expect for a newer car versus a 10 year old one. But I would have thought plug-ins were the most complex of all since they are a combination of all the technology so… <shrugs>.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why do people with zero general knowledge go on programmes like The Chaser?

• Haha 2

On 14/02/2024 at 13:05, Herman said:

Yes, that is lazy-takes about 10 minutes, unless you’ve got multiple accidents and convictions to declare. Plus it retains your answer for the. following years.

Watching the Great British Menu, a chef produced a tartare of Beetroot...isn't that just raw, chopped Beetroot you fanny (btw, that'll be £20 per portion)? 🤣

Apples

• Haha 2

On 19/02/2024 at 17:53, Mr Angry said:

Yes, that is lazy-takes about 10 minutes, unless you’ve got multiple accidents and convictions to declare. Plus it retains your answer for the. following years.

Did it and saved about £100.👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Herman said:

Did it and saved about £100.👍

Well done, spend the saving wisely!

• Haha 1