Thumbbass

Stuff you've thought of but it's too dull for conversation

A bit of a disastrous weekend. Following the shambles of Saturday afternoon I made a family visit to cheer me up. Youngest grandson expressed a desire to go to the Theatre Royal to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I immediately agreed to treat daughter and 2 grandchildren which it transpires was a huge mistake. 

£240

My God. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

Todays annoying made up word just by putting other words together which makes no sense.

Shrinkflation

Not quite on the level of hell that is 'housebarrassment' but close.

On 24/09/2023 at 13:38, Mr Angry said:

I was always mystified by the lyrics to The Day Before You Came, mystified as to how a band that had been singing in English for years could suddenly produce a song that had such mangled lyrics-"There's not, I think, a single episode of Dallas that I didn't see" being the worst example. Now I realise it was just a very early attempt at songwriting by AI.

That’s part of their charm. There’s lots of examples of slightly incorrect English in their lyrics.  “Since many years I haven't seen a rifle in your hand” for starters.

On 25/09/2023 at 07:27, dylanisabaddog said:

A bit of a disastrous weekend. Following the shambles of Saturday afternoon I made a family visit to cheer me up. Youngest grandson expressed a desire to go to the Theatre Royal to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I immediately agreed to treat daughter and 2 grandchildren which it transpires was a huge mistake. 

£240

My God. 

My wife and I had tickets to go and see Grayson Perry’s show at the weekend (very enjoyable IF you fall into his demographic, RTB wouldn’t enjoy it) so we went for a meal before, which we haven’t done for a while other than pub lunches, and had a glass of wine at the theatre. We did get a taxi home but it was well over £200 in total!😲 I keep wondering if i made a mistake somewhere and tipped £50 or something.

… used to be able to get complete pished, see a gig, food on the way home and have change from a tenner… etc. etc…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I want to know the reason why this sign was ever made....

No photo description available.

I don’t know, seems like sensible advice to me. Granted there should probably be a load of other signs like “Do not dress the alligators up as clowns”, “Do not ride the alligators”, “Do not invite the alligators to your barbecue” and so on.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

I don’t know, seems like sensible advice to me. Granted there should probably be a load of other signs like “Do not dress the alligators up as clowns”, “Do not ride the alligators”, “Do not invite the alligators to your barbecue” and so on.

I can just see an Ozzy Man Reviews video of alligators spazzing out on magic mushrooms and doing really odd things like eating wooden posts thinking they're actually good food or indeed just being stoned out of their heads...

51 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Is it cheaper to mail your clothes to the hotel or pay the Ryanair charge when you go on holiday?

Wear them all. 

1 hour ago, Daz Sparks said:

You must take a lot of clothes. 

I think it’s the wet suit that’s the problem

Apparently we all have to cut down on the use of plastic. Right, noted.

I shall get real skeletons for Halloween celebrations. 😄

• Haha 1

Without any prompting this morning a colleague told us that 'Tenderstem' is a trade mark and the real term for the item is Broccolette.

The Teams call was about creating data for the housing regulator.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Without any prompting this morning a colleague told us that 'Tenderstem' is a trade mark and the real term for the item is Broccolette.

The Teams call was about creating data for the housing regulator.

I think this person deserves a bigger audience. Could we have a weekly report please? 

How about the various forms of salad in a bag? Or asparagus? 

On 02/10/2023 at 11:35, A Load of Squit said:

Is it cheaper to mail your clothes to the hotel or pay the Ryanair charge when you go on holiday?

I know a few people who just get cheap clothes when they get there and give them to charity when they're about to go home.

Why can't we have pregnancy test adverts that show women delighted at negative tests?

Load tastes good.jpg

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Haha 1