Thumbbass

Stuff you've thought of but it's too dull for conversation

Erm, no, you're alright, thanks.🤢

How to turn coffee grounds into a delicious marinade for beetroot.

• Haha 1

It's inpressive/terrifying how easy it to open a locked car door. It's not a particularly old car either.

I'd locked the keys in there somehow. Mechanic mate had got it undone before I'd got to the house to get the spare!

Insomnia.

How can faithless write such an uplifting track about something so irritating!

My sleep is out of sync. I nodded off at 7 and work up 12ish and now cant sleep. I went for a walk round the block to get some air. Guy was getting out of his car and as we walked passed each other i said morning. He replied. Maybe we should've just ignored each other?  I can't decide which would seem weirder! I'm sure he was confused as to why some random was wandering about in shorts and t shirt at 1.30am!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Raptor said:

It's inpressive/terrifying how easy it to open a locked car door. It's not a particularly old car either.

I'd locked the keys in there somehow. Mechanic mate had got it undone before I'd got to the house to get the spare!

The better the car, the easier to unlock apparently.

12 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Many years ago I went to a Fulham game while working in London. Two guys in front of me were laughing about BMW spending millions on a new anti theft device. The car thieves of West London had worked out that if you put half a tennis ball over the lock and gave it a whack it opened the doors. 

There's a channel on my parents TV with the word Christmas in it. I'll add it to the list of reasons I don't have a TV 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

How long do you think it will be before people stop referring to “X, formerly known as Twitter”?

When he changes his name back to Prince I guess 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

When he changes his name back to Prince I guess 

Going to be a little tricky, being dead and everything?

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

How long do you think it will be before people stop referring to “X, formerly known as Twitter”?

And xing instead of tweeting? 

And thinking about it, do you pronounce it “exing” or “zing”?

22 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I thought Harry was in USA? When did he pass? 

😜😜😜

If you mean Prince, the US singer, he karked it back in 2016.

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

And xing instead of tweeting? 

And thinking about it, do you pronounce it “exing” or “zing”?

Based on this, I go for exing....though there is an additional dash symbol included....and the context is different.....but I'm not letting that stop me from posting a Queen Adreena link😃....or should it be "Queenadreena" 🤔

Talking of twitter, why do the majority of blue tick owners seem to be racist ******? Are they the only ones stupid enough to give Elmo money? 

On 13/09/2023 at 20:11, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Based on this, I go for exing....though there is an additional dash symbol included....and the context is different.....but I'm not letting that stop me from posting a Queen Adreena link😃....or should it be "Queenadreena" 🤔

One of my friends mentions Queen Adreena regularly, due to the Clash/Eat/Wonder Stuff connection-I’ve never listened to anything they’ve done but I will give it a try.

• Like 1

Veggie friend has just (jokingly) had a go at me for eating bacon and that I should think of the poor pigs.

My solution. Think of Peppa Pig. Remember she's horrible and sociopathic... wipe her out. Extra bacon please!

Edited by The Raptor

Another different parking app downloaded. Who can beat 3?

Make that 4.

Edited by Herman

A study done a few years ago about whether a lost wallet/purse was handed in, with money in and without. (No overtly racist replies please)

a45a0448-8edd-4d86-0e3d-bd374cddb9a4.png

They're a **** 70s Coldplay

How I just described ABBA to a mate. They just make me angry. Musically I can see it but they're not for me.

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

They're a **** 70s Coldplay

How I just described ABBA to a mate. They just make me angry. Musically I can see it but they're not for me.

I ****** love ABBA. Always have done, even through my indie years. Proper grown up pop music.

Mamma Mia though? I would happily strangle them them all. Sucking all the Scandinavian, existential goodness out and turning it into karaoke. Pah! 😡

• Like 2

It's something about them that just irritates me. Maybe because they've just been ridiculously overplayed i dont know. I can appreciate the music.  Anyone who does jolly sounding songs which are actually bleak as hell if you listen to them as well as they do ((sos) sorry if I've ruined it. )

They're great. It's just not for me.

The films however. NO. NO. NO. I paid money to see the first one to take someone. She hated it more than I did!

• Like 2

On 22/09/2023 at 22:54, Nuff Said said:

I ****** love ABBA. Always have done, even through my indie years. Proper grown up pop music.

Mamma Mia though? I would happily strangle them them all. Sucking all the Scandinavian, existential goodness out and turning it into karaoke. Pah! 😡

I was always mystified by the lyrics to The Day Before You Came, mystified as to how a band that had been singing in English for years could suddenly produce a song that had such mangled lyrics-"There's not, I think, a single episode of Dallas that I didn't see" being the worst example. Now I realise it was just a very early attempt at songwriting by AI.

On 11/09/2023 at 02:56, The Raptor said:

Insomnia.

How can faithless write such an uplifting track about something so irritating!

My sleep is out of sync. I nodded off at 7 and work up 12ish and now cant sleep. I went for a walk round the block to get some air. Guy was getting out of his car and as we walked passed each other i said morning. He replied. Maybe we should've just ignored each other?  I can't decide which would seem weirder! I'm sure he was confused as to why some random was wandering about in shorts and t shirt at 1.30am!

A few hundred years ago, people would go to bed very early, wake about midnight and spend a couple of hours reading, praying, or maybe having sex, then go back to sleep. Apparently it's quite a healthy approach.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/how-sleep-works/biphasic-sleep

Edited by littleyellowbirdie