Thumbbass

Stuff you've thought of but it's too dull for conversation

14 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Wow, he sounds like a complete ****.

It appears so, always thought he was alright until then... 

They clearly thought I was out because mid conversation I opened the window wider and it was met with a short silence then a "oh, he's home" in a quieter voice then before. 🤷 

On 08/08/2023 at 20:31, The Raptor said:

I stopped getting receipts for a while. But after setting off the alarms a couple of times (Yes I'd bought the stuff before the comments come!) I've now started getting one again.

When City introduced the new style season tickets they set off the alarms at Tesco. The guy who sat next to me at the time told me you could nick what you wanted and just wave your season ticket at the doorman. 

What idiot decided that the middle of summer and the school holidays was a sensible time to shut the path round whittlingham lake? Its fenced off so you can't see but I reckon ita like alot of road closures in the ciry and no one's actually doing anything. It's just annoying people!

15 hours ago, The Raptor said:

What idiot decided that the middle of summer and the school holidays was a sensible time to shut the path round whittlingham lake? Its fenced off so you can't see but I reckon ita like alot of road closures in the ciry and no one's actually doing anything. It's just annoying people!

Do young people still use whitlingham for a bit of "personal time" together ? 

On 22/08/2023 at 09:07, FenwayFrank said:

Do young people still use whitlingham for a bit of "personal time" together ? 

Judging by the comments I've got yes they do!

1 minute ago, The Raptor said:

Judging by the comments I've got yes they do!

I asked 100 women for their favourite brand of shampoo and most told me "get the f**k out!"

I can't find that brand in the supermarket.

• Haha 2

On 24/08/2023 at 14:56, Nuff Said said:

Apparently gifs and memes are for old people now. They make me laugh, but then I suppose at 58 I am old. (Sad face)

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/commentisfree/2023/aug/24/gifs-arent-cool-any-more-and-now-i-feel-very-very-old?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

CB6F7091-8049-4F15-BD9B-093C54F6E2CB.gif.debd505fecd339535a6e1ef05900f00c.gif

When lamenting getting old, simply consider the alternative. 🙂

• Like 1

As a lifelong dog person, I am definitely becoming a cat person, but it's regrettable that having a cat makes getting another dog problematic.

Edit: It appears she's finally learning not to step on the keyboard. 🙂

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Apparently the answer to "are you a dog or cat person?" is not "whichever is tastier in the slow cooker".

• Haha 3

I did the touristy day to Oxford. Lovely city, not as pretty as Cambridge. That is all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

I did the touristy day to Oxford. Lovely city, not as pretty as Cambridge. That is all.

My wife went to look around Huddersfield for a couple of hours while my daughter and I went to the match on Saturday. I had a text from her at about 3:30. “Remember Middlesborough?”. 😞

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

My wife went to look around Huddersfield for a couple of hours while my daughter and I went to the match on Saturday. I had a text from her at about 3:30. “Remember Middlesborough?”. 😞

I'm sure I drove past Huddy on the way to Bradford.It looked nice from a distance.😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Herman said:

I'm sure I drove past Huddy on the way to Bradford.It looked nice from a distance.😉

Yep! from the International Space Station.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Herman said:

Halifax looks pretty lit up at night from the M62........ 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Halifax looks pretty lit up at night from the M62........ 

I'll visit Halifax one day. It's on the bucket list. (Very low down the bucket list to be fair.)

41 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'll visit Halifax one day. It's on the bucket list. (Very low down the bucket list to be fair.)

I’ve been told that Piece Hall is worth a visit.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I’ve been told that Piece Hall is worth a visit.

Ooh, it does look rather special in photos.👍

I'm sure when it started in the 90s the lottery jackpot was 6-7million. Or did I imagine that.

Just got a ticket and its 5m on a rollover? Where's inflation?!

Also if i win i'm buying a (current) lego set of your choice for the first 3 people to respond. As long as you come round to my mansion and drunkenly build them with me! I'll be getting the £700 millennium falcon first  I think. Then ALL the rest the week after.

Did anyone else in East Norwich wake up this morning to a powerful stench from Whitlingham sewage works?  There must be a south-east wind.

Edited by benchwarmer