Thumbbass

Stuff you've thought of but it's too dull for conversation

There's a film about Tetris?  It's hardly the most exciting of games!

A horror film based on Chuckie egg where you're chased by giant chickens I can see. 

Or even a remake of the last Starfighter where an awesome championship manager player is recruited for a real team based in his exploits in the game!

Sorry to interrupt the frivolity but weather forecasts are getting on my ****. Today the BBC says dry this morning, rain this afternoon but The Weather Channel says the complete opposite.  How can this possibly be? 

My forecast is that it will **** down when I decide to take the dogs out. 

On 04/04/2023 at 15:06, The Raptor said:

There's a film about Tetris?  It's hardly the most exciting of games!

A horror film based on Chuckie egg where you're chased by giant chickens I can see. 

Or even a remake of the last Starfighter where an awesome championship manager player is recruited for a real team based in his exploits in the game!

Apparently the film about Tetris is a very good thriller. Allegedly. 

I read earlier than P Diddy or whatever he's calling himself today has said he has to pay Sting $5000 a day for the rest of his life for sampling every breath you take.

Delia needs to write some songs and let random rappers sample them. A good potential source of transfer funds!

9 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

I read earlier than P Diddy or whatever he's calling himself today has said he has to pay Sting $5000 a day for the rest of his life for sampling every breath you take.

Delia needs to write some songs and let random rappers sample them. A good potential source of transfer funds!

Surely if anyone was going to sample Delia it would have been her “Let’s be having you” moment.

Carrying on the films... Give Winnie the Pooh blood and honey a watch absolutely terrible horror but yet so watchable. Just one of those films that's so bad it's good. 

• Like 1

I've been Intrigued by that. Sounds awful yet I need to see it. Die it reach the standard of cocaine bear in the **** but good films?

Edited by The Raptor

5 hours ago, The Raptor said:

I've been Intrigued by that. Sounds awful yet I need to see it. Die it reach the standard of cocaine bear in the **** but good films?

Nah I'd say cocaine bear is better. 

W-T-P is still watchable, just don't go into it expecting exorcist/conjuring levels of horror film (don't even expect Terrifier levels of bad but good) 

Anyone remember Trevor Baylis and his wind up radio ?

Has anyone got one and were they any good ?

Wind-Up Radio Inventor Trevor Baylis Dead at 80 | QRZ Now - Amateur ...

Edited by MooreMarriot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MooreMarriot said:

We have a couple at work and they were useful. A bit limited but still a decent product. They still work which is amazing the age and abuse they got. 

Rechargeable DABs took away a lot of their reason though. 

7 hours ago, MooreMarriot said:

One of the 'must have' items for the bunker and the nuclear winter that awaits us.

That and some candles, tins (not forgetting two tin openers...always count on one to fail) and a portable  camp cooker. A stock of toilet rolls (use the COVID stockpile you saved but never got round to using) to complete the perfect kit to ride out the fallout.

Tune in to London on that lovely little sucker, the wind up radio, and keep abreast with the news. 

Edit: Can you still get powdered egg? 

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 1

If you think you're having problems, my oven just gave up. I just had to throw away a Charlie Bigham's pie.😫

10 hours ago, MooreMarriot said:

This was a real story?

I always thought it was a wind up.

• Haha 1

This morning I headed off to Yarmouth for a walk along the beach.  Halfway down Regent Road I came across a small group of onlookers, plus the local media with a camera and microphone.  A couple of police stood at a distance. 

One of the stars of this year's summer show on Britannia Pier?  No, it was Keir Starmer on a walkabout.

Edited by benchwarmer

35 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

This morning I headed off to Yarmouth for a walk along the beach.  Halfway down Regent Road I came across a small group of onlookers, plus the local media with a camera and microphone.  A couple of police stood at a distance. 

One of the stars of this year's summer show on Britannia Pier?  No, it was Keir Starmer on a walkabout.

And tomorrow Southend and then down to Brighton on Friday. Could catch on ...Pier Starmer.

(Ok.... getting my coat 😐)

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, sonyc said:

And tomorrow Southend and then down to Brighton on Friday. Could catch on ...Pier Starmer.

I’ll get the car running. Strong contender for corniest post of the year so far

!4EBF0E3E-9867-480B-889A-6562C73DF1E5.gif.7691ad7f9d974b28a3b92f1d34c2f7a2.gif

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, sonyc said:

That's an appalling pier-related pun, let that be the end of it. 😁😆

Apples

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

That's an appalling pier-related pun, let that be the end of it. 😁😆

Apples

Yes, I have to own that piece of pun cringe. Apologies...its like the Tim Vine joke, when he announced he had bought a boomerang from a ghost and he was sure it would  come back to haunt him.

I read BWs word 'pier' and it just set my mind going (.....there's not too much going on btw).

No career in after dinner speeches for me😟

(This has reminded me of a fund raising event I went to...maybe 2015. Matt Hancock was actually the main speaker when he was a relatively unknown culture and sport minister. At least I didn't know of him (he was boring then). They got this comedian on before the speech and he was like a proper throwback to the 1970s. He was sexist, racist and generally completely unsuitable for the mixed audience (many of whom were people with learning disabilities). He also started to have a go at the tables where he was getting stick. Towards the end, someone came up through the audience, went right up to him and said "Come on, I will buy you a pint, let's just finish here". He didn't.

It was intensely cringing and surreal at the same time. There was no laughter for any 'joke' but I was quietly in stitches because of the sheer incongruous farce. Quite a moment. Even a 'Pier Starmer' type joke (Johnson's "Beer Korma" joke?) would have gone down better! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And there's always one day in the life of a freelance translator where two clients at once want a hilariously long piece within an equally hilarious deadline.

No football training or gym for me tonight then! 🙂

Birmingham's cathedral is rubbish. Norwich have two much bigger ones and probably other churches bigger as well. It has two more Lego shops than Norwich tho so that makes them about equal!

Edited by The Raptor

On 12/04/2023 at 15:10, benchwarmer said:

Many years ago William Hague did a tour down the east coast making soap box speeches. I went to listen to him in Yarmouth where he confidently told the crowd he would save their fishing industry. A member of the audience politely told him he was thinking of Lowestoft and it became apparent that was where he thought he was. He starting rambling complete nonsense to a startled crowd. Thank God he never became Prime Minister. 

Preparation 0/10 (didn't even get the right county)

Thinking on your feet 2/10 (at least he didn't do a song and dance routine) 

Now most train companies are using tickets on a phone as the default option they should at least have usb chargers on all trains.

On 21/04/2023 at 16:22, The Raptor said:

Now most train companies are using tickets on a phone as the default option they should at least have usb chargers on all trains.

I live on a busy commuter line into London where, somehow, a large number of the trains running on it don't have tables, plug sockets or wifi.