Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Alex Pritchard

This completely passed me by (along with a lot else!) but he has signed a 2 year deal with Sunderland. 

He is only just turned 28, so you'd expect him to be in his prime, but it looks like his best days are well behind him. 

Plus, he ain't exactly endeared himself to his previous employers;

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/pritchard-dig-huddersfield-town-sunderland-21054383 

"“I think I’m probably best suited to a team that has a lot of the ball and just try and make things happen really."

Good luck against the binners.

• Like 1

He really thought he was something big time, premier league player he thought he was, left us for Huddersfield and then got relegated. Hope he ends up retiring at 30

Webber rather dumped on Huddersfield by selling this angry little gnome to them

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Couldn't wait to jump ship which is ironic as he had started playing his best football for us just before he left then it was all downhill from there. A shame as he looked like a decent prospect at times

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Webber rather dumped on Huddersfield by selling this angry little gnome to them

Separated at birth? 

image.png.906260caf353c57a2c779b3cf3b514f3.png

image.png.05a03ef3e2a422df300396d5e67ca511.png

six posts in and greasy yet again posts another attack on me

you can't help yourself, can you ?

Blimey - if you think that's an attack. 

But lets not derail this thread and make it about you again, and your perceived attacks.

Not replying to you any more on here Bill - sorry if that disappoints you, or spoils your game. 

He could have done really well here under Farke but after us sticking with him through injury he couldn't wait to **** off. Thought the grass was greener.

55 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

He really thought he was something big time, premier league player he thought he was, left us for Huddersfield and then got relegated. Hope he ends up retiring at 30

With his property portfolio ,  he could retire today

I remember one game when he had come back from injury, and maybe came on as a sub, not entirely sure, then someone got a red card for us, so we had to re set the formation, and he was taken off. Looked like he was going to burst into tears.  

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I remember one game when he had come back from injury, and maybe came on as a sub, not entirely sure, then someone got a red card for us, so we had to re set the formation, and he was taken off. Looked like he was going to burst into tears.  

Nobody likes being eboued 

2 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Nobody likes being eboued 

Had to google that one! Everyday a school day! 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Haha good ol goole

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I think that might have been the Blackburn game when Alan Irvine took over and Djiks got sent off, not sure. 

I'm getting the impression that he's not very popular!

I have to say that I think he was a talented player who should have had a better career than he seems to have had.

The margins are very tight. I know it's very difficult to feel sympathy for somebody who earns more in a week than we do in months, but I'm convinced us fans underestimate the mental side of playing. That's why I would never boo one of our own players. Nobody deliberately plays badly.

Edited by Badger
Corrected errors
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Badger said:

I'm getting the impression that he's not very popular!

I have to say that I think he was a talented player who should have had a better career than he seems to have had.

The margins are very tight. I know it's very difficult to feel sympathy for somebody who earns more in a week than we do in months, but I'm convinced us fans underestimate the mental side of playing. That's why I would never boo one of our own players. Nobody deliberately plays badly.

I think he is only unpopular due to his behaviour and desire to leave quickly, once he recovered from a long injury. 

before that he was a good asset to the team, and imo has failed to live up to those levels since leaving us. 

We got good money for him though, definitely more than his worth I think. so good business.

49 minutes ago, Bill said:

six posts in and greasy yet again posts another attack on me

you can't help yourself, can you ?

It was funny  though wasnt  it Bilious? Credit where its due. 😇👍😉

• Thanks 1

I'll never forget him hitting the post twice with the ball ricocheting in off the keeper both times. He was above average for a while and I believe we recouped what we spent on him. He just didn't quite have the right attitude or work-rate for a Farke team. I don't really understand the animosity towards him. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Should have used ECOSIA! (See the climate crisis thread) 😉 

3 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I'll never forget him hitting the post twice with the ball ricocheting in off the keeper both times. He was above average for a while and I believe we recouped what we spent on him. He just didn't quite have the right attitude or work-rate for a Farke team. I don't really understand the animosity towards him. 

That was Brighton I believe - We won 2-0 without having a shot on target! 

13 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Bought him for £8 million sold him for £11 million if the figures published at the time were correct. 

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

That was Brighton I believe - We won 2-0 without having a shot on target! 

One of the best impromptu chants of recent times at Carrow Road. 

A Brighton player missed a great chance late in the game - "He would have scored that, he would have scored that, oh David Stockdale, he would have scored that" 🙂 🙂  The Brighton fans gave us a round of applause for coming up with that one.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

One of the best impromptu chants of recent times at Carrow Road. 

A Brighton player missed a great chance late in the game - "He would have scored that, he would have scored that, oh David Stockdale, he would have scored that" 🙂 🙂  The Brighton fans gave us a round of applause for coming up with that one.

Remember it well. 

Seems so long ago now - Oh how ive missed being at CR! 

9 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Should have used ECOSIA! (See the climate crisis thread) 😉 

Just looked - Ill google that one too! Doh! 

19 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

It was funny  though wasnt  it Bilious? Credit where its due. 😇👍😉

After yesterdays nonsense, I should imagine most were hoping that your sort would give it a rest - though they may have also noticed how you and greasy use the same word and always vote for each others posts.

Still if that gives you some kind of gratification then do carry on - if only that it demonstrates where the problem on this forum lies

I would say grow up, but that might offend greasy 😏

Pritchard is a strange one,  I thought he had real ability and would become a top player, but maybe his greed/attitude cost him, or maybe he just wasn't really that good.

I remember thinking Dani Pacheco would be a top player too and his attitude always seems to have been really good but he never reached the heights I expected either so one things for sure, I'm a crap judge of a player 

Just now, Bill said:

After yesterdays nonsense, I should imagine most were hoping that your sort would give it a rest - though they may have also noticed how you and greasy use the same word and always vote for each others posts.

Still if that gives you some kind of gratification then do carry on - if only that it demonstrates where the problem on this forum lies

I would say grow up, but that might offend greasy 😏

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀🤭

We now come in formations  Bilious. Take a chill pill. Lie-ten up. Greavsyo can be funny , can be mildly irritating. But you make you look a plonker far more often than  any of us can.

😉👍😇