Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

IMPORTANT: the future of our forum.

Been in hospital for six days, kidney failure, forum has not worked once during this time, would have been a great way to pass the time, needs to get fixed and stay fixed, season hasn’t even started yet

5 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Been in hospital for six days, kidney failure, forum has not worked once during this time, would have been a great way to pass the time, needs to get fixed and stay fixed, season hasn’t even started yet

Hope you're on the mend now. 

You could have gone to the forum for those down the road and had a laugh to cheer yourself up! 

20 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Simple enough just to set up a PinkUn group on Facebook and discuss stuff on there. 

Fine for those who use Facebook.🤓

19 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

This forum isn't going anywhere. Hope this helps.

Just need to fix the blank page issue.

That is good news, SDP, but if this keeps on happening so that, for example, it disrupts the PUPS charity fund-raising then posters are going to be even more p*ssed off than they are now.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

It's a free service, so why call it a disgrace?  If you were paying for it, that might be different.

The only people that have the right to complain in those terms would be advertisers who DO pay to put things on the site. Us? We're just punters who are a bit frustrated. We can inform them and ask them to improve it, but we have no entitlement to it.

Have you ever known another site to be down or barely functioning like this one for this long?

Do you know how many sites are built on Amazon Web services?

Seriously, the issues facing this site would be fixed in a day by any business that had funding and respect for its users. It's not magic, it's code. 

If Lorna is so keen on digital, then you'd think this forum/site would stay. As it seems to be one of the better money makers for them, with a fair bit of traffic and an almost ridiculous amount of adverts on it, including regular takeovers which probably aren't cheap and all they serve to do is slow this site down! 

Edited by BobLoz3

On 08/08/2021 at 15:46, Pete Raven said:

This forum isn't going anywhere. Hope this helps.

Just need to fix the blank page issue.

Bump. 11 days since the forum last fell over. No permanent fix with the techies then?

Didn't we try this like 10 or 15 years ago? Was a lovely site but not enough of us went over there and it died a swift death. It may even have been you who set it up, @Feedthewolf?

Or I'm just imagining things... What? Who said that? Those pesky voices again... 

2 hours ago, Evil Monkey said:

Didn't we try this like 10 or 15 years ago? Was a lovely site but not enough of us went over there and it died a swift death. It may even have been you who set it up, @Feedthewolf?

Or I'm just imagining things... What? Who said that? Those pesky voices again... 

It wasn't me!

2 hours ago, Evil Monkey said:

There was a poster called Ace that set one up years ago but it didn't last long. Then Norwich Talk did the same thing and, although still visited, doesn't have enough people to keep the chat going. 

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Then Norwich Talk did the same thing and, although still visited, doesn't have enough people to keep the chat going. 

Some would dispute that comment..... 

Having helped to keep a forum running in a similar vein elsewhere for non footy hobby stuff my advice would be to ensure no one person has the "keys" to the forum and that there is a committee to run it.

Sounds silly but that's the best way for it to run and operate.

A good group of mods too to help maintain the rules etc. I guess permission to call it the PinkUn forum. Funds wise I have sourced companies for t-shirt print runs, mugs, hoodies etc on an annual basis before.

Willing to help either way, I am no huge techspert but I know some of the practical stuff if that makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

I hate reddit. My eyes and head cannot make sense of the utter chaos on a page... 

You get used to it and it never goes down. 

Although easier to get trolls on your page if you’re lax on monitoring members.