Matt Morriss

Vaccine Passports - October 1st

3 hours ago, Matt Morriss said:

From the Tottenham website..

• Trial follows recent government announcements and the necessity for the Club to begin preparations for the potential of full vaccination against Covid-19 being a condition of entry to large events from 1st October

Silence from NCFC on whether they will be discriminating against those who cannot, do not need or want to have the experimental Covid vaccine.

Why is nobody talking about this???

Delia is! And from what she said, entry to CR May well be based on a Covid passport as well it should in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Wow!! It's simply astonishing that I personally know 2 people who have tested positive 9 months apart with several negative tests in the middle. I am soooo lucky that out of the handful (that's literally 5 people), two of them live within 3 miles of me!!!! Incredible. 

Or could it be that you're (note the use of the correct verb, rather than "your") writing complete and utter garbage?

I'm going with the second option here, Matt.

Sgncfc look it up. I just have again and found this:

"A total of 17 cases of genetically confirmed COVID-19 reinfection were found."

I suggest that the people you know either had the flu, back then, recently, or whats more likely is that the positive tests are garbage, given that we know the PCR tests are done at 45 cycles, theres a report on a testing centre where there just checking the tests in the bin and sending out 'negative' sms's, and the CDC has just announced the PCR test is rubbish and to be stopped end of this year.

Do you honestly believe that the PCR tests are 100% accurate? Even the inventor Kary Mullis said there werent to be used to detect coronaviruses!

2 hours ago, Beetehleets said:

Who does not need one? And those who dont want one shouldn't be allowed into the game anyway. If you're not willing to take one for the team then get off the bus. 

Never a truer word spoken! Why should I be forced to sit beside someone who is a denier and who could pass on the virus to me, even if I have had the injections.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wrong, and very much so.  People have actually been infected by different variants at the same time, but hey - don’t let that bother you. 

No, you are wrong BP. Google it. Plenty of info regarding Covid reinfection not being a thing, and that there is not enough data worldwide to confirm that you can get Covid twice. Ill help you if you are still struggling:

https://jim.bmj.com/content/69/6/1253

15 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

The prior infected, naturally immune with anti-bodies are the most safest and pose the least threat. Of which I am.

Citation?

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wrong, and very much so.  People have actually been infected by different variants at the same time, but hey - don’t let that bother you. 

just read this again. Branston are you seriously suggesting that people are doubly infected with 2 variants of Covid 19?

Did Dr Hilary tell you this? or maybe it was Neil Ferguson. Or Hancock.

Care to provide some documentary evidence to back up your claim? More than happy to be proven wrong.

1 minute ago, Matt Morriss said:

just read this again. Branston are you seriously suggesting that people are doubly infected with 2 variants of Covid 19?

Did Dr Hilary tell you this? or maybe it was Neil Ferguson. Or Hancock.

Care to provide some documentary evidence to back up your claim? More than happy to be proven wrong.

You sound like my cretin of a brother, he's a complete spangle too 😂

• Like 1

Well done to all Pink’un posters for managing to get to page 3 without being offered a straightener by Matt at whatever boozer before a match.

Not that any of you should worry. He’s already admitted he’s petrified of a jab 🥊 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Flu vaccines are continually under review, as the flu virus evolves. Each year strains are the subject of clinical trials.  So by that definition Flu Vaccines are experimental.  Even though a first flu vaccine was given in the 1930's. 

Presumably you wont take one of those either, for the same "experimental" reason?  

EDIT - Oh no. Just realised it is the School Holidays isn't it? I've fallen for that one . Well played Matt, or whatever your real name is. Looking forward to another season in league 1 ? 

Whatever my real name is? Yeah thats a good one 'Graham Paddons Beard'.

I suggested a long time ago that this msgboard would be better if we all had to login under our real names. And I was only one to do so. Every one else bottled it and refused to ditch there anonymous profile. 

Funnily enough this same sentiment is currently doing the rounds re: Social Media, to stamp out racism and general online abuse.

But no GPB, what a great point.

And League 1? So your implying im an Ips...& fan ??? How very dare you. 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Unfortunately, some people don't seem to understand it - or don't want to understand it - and the level of ignorance/denial is astounding. 

What I do understand LDC is that since the pandemic started there is little documented evidence worldwide that confirms Covid reinfection, no matter the variants, is a thing.

If you still believe its possible, click on the below, and do some other googling while your at it and then check back in and say again if you think its ignorance/denial.

Not true Matt. I suggested a couple of years ago that people should use their real names online as this would cut down on complete bollox being written. I called that wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matt Morriss said:

I think you need to do some research other than BBC News 

Some of the Covid vaccines are in trials until 2023. I'd call this experimental.

Nah you can **** right off mate, in the bin.

40 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Absolutely no way we can continually vaccinate or provide boosters to the whole population on a yearly basis. 

When this pandemic is over, yearly vaccines will be available for the vulnerable, just like the flu jab.

Where will that leave vaccine passports? A waste of resource IMO.

Of course we can have a continual vaccination programme. Covid leaves serious long term effects in a significant portion of even young and healthy people...ask Marcus Stipermann about that - so it is a must.

What gets me is that the spread of the virus is aided by those that are unvaccinated, yet it is not unfair to suggest that the same unvaccinated people are the same people who are the first to stop wearing masks when given the choice, so helping perpetuate the spread of the virus. If EVERYONE was vaccinated and wore masks in enclosed situations (apart from those medically unable to have it), then the spread and threat would be diminished.  

17 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Never a truer word spoken! Why should I be forced to sit beside someone who is a denier and who could pass on the virus to me, even if I have had the injections.

Why are you worried City 2nd. Surely the vaccines work and you're safe? 

And im referring primarily to myself, as I have had Covid, so will not be sitting next to anyone and infecting them with Covid. 

As a matter of fact, if your double vaxxed, you can still get Covid and pass it on. So if you're vaxxed, having never had Covid, dont you pose more of a threat to people than myself?

15 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You sound like my cretin of a brother, he's a complete spangle too 😂

Whys that Ken?

Because I dared to suggest that "you can get doubly infected with 2 variants of Covid" is utter nonsense?

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

Not true Matt. I suggested a couple of years ago that people should use their real names online as this would cut down on complete bollox being written. I called that wrong.

Well done then Herman. I did not see that.

Please Matt if you do go to CR I hope you don't sit next to me, not because you're unvaccinated, but I think you'd bore me to death. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

What I do understand LDC is that since the pandemic started there is little documented evidence worldwide that confirms Covid reinfection, no matter the variants, is a thing.

If you still believe its possible, click on the below, and do some other googling while your at it and then check back in and say again if you think its ignorance/denial.

I've looked through those articles and all I can see is that it says re-infection is quite possible, if not likely - the same as all the other lesser coronaviruses that have been around for years.  The problem is that THIS corona virus is a lot worse than the other ones that get passed around - those that just give you common cold like symptoms. This one needs to be kept in check and the sooner people like you get that into their heads, the better it will be for everyone.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You literally press a button on your NHS app which gives you a QR code to scan into events. Mine is live until Aug 21st took seconds to activate. 

If you look at it again today, the date will be pushed out for 30 days from today..... It's a rolling 30 days... 

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

according the website for the Gillingham game, they are strongly recommended..that is different to being compulsory

Hence my correction that you have not appeared to have taken notice of.

8 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

And im referring primarily to myself, as I have had Covid, so will not be sitting next to anyone and infecting them with Covid. 

As a matter of fact, if your double vaxxed, you can still get Covid and pass it on. So if you're vaxxed, having never had Covid, dont you pose more of a threat to people than myself?

This is so ridiculous it doesn't bear a comment....apart from the fact that it is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I've looked through those articles and all I can see is that it says re-infection is quite possible, if not likely - the same as all the other lesser coronaviruses that have been around for years.  The problem is that THIS corona virus is a lot worse than the other ones that get passed around - those that just give you common cold like symptoms. This one needs to be kept in check and the sooner people like you get that into their heads, the better it will be for everyone.

Well said LDC 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

If you look at it again today, the date will be pushed out for 30 days from today..... It's a rolling 30 days... 

Just checked and you are indeed correct, that makes it even easier 👍

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-national-surveillance-of-possible-covid-19-reinfection-published-by-phe

10 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

Whys that Ken?

Because I dared to suggest that "you can get doubly infected with 2 variants of Covid" is utter nonsense?

Just because he spouts a load of uneducated tosh when it comes to Covid (amongst many other topics), and like you is crying about vaccine passports because he's too scared to get the jab.

13 minutes ago, Matt Morriss said:

How do you know you had covid  if the tests,  data and protocol are rubbish, genuinely  interested. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Until they decide its time for a top up I reckon.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

How do you know you had covid  if the tests,  data and protocol are rubbish, genuinely  interested. 

You beat me to it Corkio. 

Edited by Greavsy