Thingy

Club will now be more attrative to sponsors

The sponsorship 'mistake' has now actually reinforced the clubs good image and so now be more attractive for brands to align themselves with the club. I hope the club doesn't wreck it by having another betting company.

I just posted this comment on Twitter:

Well done @NorwichCityFC  - awareness is now sky-high amongst potential sponsors that #ncfc have an advertising space for sale on the front of their Premier League shirts!  Honourable applicants only this time please...

(No such thing as bad publicity and all that?!)...

It will be harder to get investment

investors will view us as not a safe option. If you don’t pass the purity test you are dragged though the dirt by the fanbase.

congrats everyone, you’ve played yourself.

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

investors will view us as not a safe option. If you don’t pass the purity test you are dragged though the dirt by the fanbase.

No part of the clubs plans involve seeking external investment, so who cares?

We're persuing this self funding model with Tom as the successor, have been for years now, get over it. 

12 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Watch out. He's going to be suggesting we've all committed robbery in a minute as we have forcibly stolen the rights of women everywhere to be filmed swallowing sausages.

🔔🔚

• Haha 1

Alternate view: We've cancelled a contract after just a few days and wasted probably several weeks/months of negotiations, after having terminated the previous contract early in favour of this one. The basis of the cancellation owes nothing to the contracted parties actions as part of that contract, instead based on public outcry over some marketing conducted by an affiliate in a country halfway around the world that contravened no laws in either country, and was wholly suitable for consumption in that other country's market.

We could be seen as an unreliable business partner, as being cowed a totally unreasonable and disproportionate fan outcry, as now demanding unnecessarily stringent rules around non-NCFC marketing activity across the globe.

Not saying this is how it will be viewed, just suggesting an alternate scenario from the rainbows and unicorns currently being thrown about demanding how companies could fail to see us as an amazing opportunity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No part of the clubs plans involve seeking external investment, so who cares?

We're persuing this self funding model with Tom as the successor, have been for years now, get over it. 

So there aren’t sponsors at Carrow road?

for literally everything?

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Watch out. He's going to be suggesting we've all committed robbery in a minute as we have forcibly stolen the rights of women everywhere to be filmed swallowing sausages.

🔔🔚

Less of your posts would be removed by admin if you just calm down you know 

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

So there aren’t sponsors at Carrow road?

for literally everything?

You said investment.

Most people take that to mean capital in return for equity.

Sponsorship is not 'investment', its the club providing a B2B marketing product. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

"AWAITING SENSIBLE CLEAN OFFERS".......across the shirt chest at the start of the season would get my vote......

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

You send investment.

Most people take that to mean capital in return for equity.

Investment and revenue streams at Norwich comes from many avenues. I imagine all entities that want to be associated with us will probably consider now if they meet the purity test else they have stories of how unethical they are plastered all over the internet.

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Less of your posts would be removed by admin if you just calm down you know 

I've never had a post removed.

Nor have I ever equated Norwich fans rightful disapproval of this sponsorship deal with forum users committing domestic violence offences.

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I've never had a post removed.

Nor have I ever equated Norwich fans rightful disapproval of this sponsorship deal with forum users committing domestic violence offences.

No smoke without fire

and if you think you’ve never had a post removed I’ve got bad news for you. You’ve had several removed in the last 30 minutes.

• Haha 1

Where's Barry Scott when you need him? 

He's always very focussed upon the sqeaky clean.

Cillit Bang as sponsors? Not really "bang" can be seen as a rude word these days. Can't have that. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

12 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

No smoke without fire

Are you now accusing me of arson? 

No posts removed, btw. I wait with anticipation an email or message from moderators providing a stinging rebuke over my challenging a person accusing people indiscriminately of domestic violence.

Another point is, would another sponsor want to come, knowing they are publicly second choice? 

Gives them a way in for a lower offer too - knowing the situation we are in. 

22 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Capture.JPG

Is it Archant,  SDP? 

Or better still the pink-un? you did say on the supporters forum that we are taking back control! 

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Is it Archant,  SDP? 

Or better still the pink-un? you did say on the supporters forum that we are taking back control! 

Definitely not!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

29 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Alternate view: We've cancelled a contract after just a few days and wasted probably several weeks/months of negotiations, after having terminated the previous contract early in favour of this one. The basis of the cancellation owes nothing to the contracted parties actions as part of that contract, instead based on public outcry over some marketing conducted by an affiliate in a country halfway around the world that contravened no laws in either country, and was wholly suitable for consumption in that other country's market.

We could be seen as an unreliable business partner, as being cowed a totally unreasonable and disproportionate fan outcry, as now demanding unnecessarily stringent rules around non-NCFC marketing activity across the globe.

Not saying this is how it will be viewed, just suggesting an alternate scenario from the rainbows and unicorns currently being thrown about demanding how companies could fail to see us as an amazing opportunity.

This and this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

This and this. 

but none of 'that' and certainly none of 'the other' ! 

This seems to be a very naive take to me.

There is a chance that a company may see value in aligning with our values, however considering we just trashed them before walking it back not sure we are a great proposition.

As others have said the main sponsors of football clubs are some pretty crappy brands and areas of business. They are not going to be overly attracted to us given why and how we have just reneged on a contract.

Its the right decision IMO but we can’t ignore the optics and consequences.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

How about a Norwich based Air Charter company that's well used by the club?.....

What the scotish one ? 

11 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Wouldn't it be just great if we secure a fantastic new deal with an honourable organisation.

Much more likely now we've enhanced our reputation.